A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,034
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pigma micron pens?  (Read 706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tailte
« on: October 29, 2010 11:51:42 PM »

I've been looking for some pens for drawing doll faces and I've seen these recommended in a couple of different books. Does anyone use these? Are they good? What sizes are best? In her book "Introduction to cloth dolls" Jan Horrox recommends size 005 and 01 of black and brown for features, but at five dollars a pen I want to make sure as much as I can exactly what is necessary. I've also been looking at Tsukineko dual tip pens, does anyone have any experience with these?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog:
http://overaway.blogspot.com
It's about art, craft and other miscellaneous occurrences.

My cooking blog: http://meri-somethingsweet.blogspot.com
Noxika
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010 07:41:49 PM »

Sorry, I can't help you out with those particular pens, but I just wanted to suggest you test any pens out on scrap fabric before you use it on your real piece; I learned from (bad) experience that a lot of pens tend to produce unwanted bleed issues.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KimberleyDavis2B
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011 03:08:49 AM »

I have a few of those pens and they ARE fabulous! They don't bleed on the craft velour I use or on cotton. They are pricey though.  I'll tell you another great pen for features, and you can get them for a few dollars at places like Joann's and that is the Pentel Fabric Gel pen.  The Pentel site says they are discontinued, but you can still get them in stores and online!

I find that the gel pens work great without a lot of bleed, you just need a good quality (not necessarily expensive) pen. I like the medium point as this is generally small enough for most features on any sized doll.

Kimberley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let a human being throw the energies of his soul into the making of something, and the instinct of workmanship will take care of his honesty."
Walter Lippmann
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Eel Sauce
How to Slice Sushi Fish
How to Slice Sashimi
How to Make a Traditional Sushi Roll
Sushi Ingredients to Have on Hand
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...