A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: any spinners that don't really crochet or knit?  (Read 2103 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010 09:48:01 PM »

I don't spin, knit or crochet but have sheep.  I wonder if I could do a round robin kind of swap?  I could send fleece to someone who spins.  She keeps some of the yarn for herself and sends the rest on to someone who knits.  That person knits me something and keeps the rest for her projects.  That way I get something knitted from my own sheep and everyone else gets handspun yarn.  Is that crazy?

Crazy awesome!  Cheesy
Could certainly be a bear to orchestrate but would be a really really cool collaboration. I would love to participate in a project like that!
I would be so down for something like that!
I keep eyeing all of this gorgeous handspun yarn... but i just don't have the money to buy any right now! I knit, but i don't spin yet.

Anyway... i'd be more than happy to swap for some handspun yarn... Just sayin'. Smiley
Heck, i'd be happy to knit something for any spinners/non-knitters just to use their yarn. Hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
AlpacaNanny
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010 05:28:38 AM »

Domestic Diva, I also do not spin, but have a carder, and process my alpaca fiber, and felt.  Wet felting is fun and easy and there is so much you can make!!!!  The nice thing is you do not have to buy any special tools. 

A simple project is a bag.  You can cover a cereal box with plastic wrap for a form, wrap your batts around it, encase in a panty hose top (the panty part that goes over your bum), use hot soap and water to felt.

I have a drop spindle and want to learn how to use it (but the farm keeps me pretty busy) so I hope to learn this winter.  I will eventually knit, but spinning is first on my list.....
Louise
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpecialKRJ

I want so much more than they've got planned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011 03:10:06 PM »

I started spinning when I didn't know how to knit (and had no desire to learn, because I thought it was hard) and I barely understood crochet and didn't like it. I was on Artfire when I saw a cool knitted dress that was for sale, supposedly knit from a 'slub yarn', which I didn't know what it was. Googled it, got swept up in spinning, and then I found out that knitting uses less yarn than crochet, so would be better for small amounts of yarn like what I spun.

I am a hoarder too! In fact, I go one step further. I buy a gorgeous batt, then let it sit, staring at me, wanting to be spun. I can't bring myself to spin it because what if I do a bad job and ruin the prettiness!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011 11:00:40 AM »

I don't spin, knit or crochet but have sheep.  I wonder if I could do a round robin kind of swap?  I could send fleece to someone who spins.  She keeps some of the yarn for herself and sends the rest on to someone who knits.  That person knits me something and keeps the rest for her projects.  That way I get something knitted from my own sheep and everyone else gets handspun yarn.  Is that crazy?
You guys ever end up doing this? I think it would be cool to add a fourth person who dyes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011 11:26:33 AM »

Not yet, but shearing season is almost upon us...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turkey Leftovers at Midnight - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 7
Making Gravy and Carving Holiday Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 6
How to Brine Turkey - Father and Son Thanksgiving Pt. 2
Individual Beef and Pork Meat Pies Recipe
Apple, Cinnamon and Pecan Tea Cake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...