A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,100
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreamcatchers (Serious Pic OBESE)  (Read 9532 times)
Tags for this thread: dreamcatcher  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitsune-Tearz
« on: October 28, 2010 11:20:49 AM »

I think this is my first real post...
Two dreamcatchers i made this year (one back in march, but life kinda went nuts and i never posted... and the other i finished today Cheesy)
first, the older one from march:

close up to show some detail, and the crystal star (that my sis gave me)

whole thing Cheesy

hanging up in my room

second, the beaded one i finished today Smiley

whole thing laid out

close up on center to show detail, and the crystal angel (my mom gave me)

close up on feather to show wire wrapping

whole thing hung up

just the main circle

Comments and criticism welcome Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
knk4ever
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010 11:50:31 AM »

These are beautiful. I love how intricate they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010 11:55:01 AM »

Very pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theatreorchid
Craftssassin

Just kill him with your awesome.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010 12:23:51 PM »

They're beautiful!  I especially love the first one, but I'm a sucker for anything peacock. Wink  I've often considered learning how to make dreamcatchers, is it difficult to learn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AGoofyGirl
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010 12:37:42 PM »

Amazing! I love the colors you choose for the beaded Dreamcatcher. How long did it take you to make these?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2010 12:43:21 PM »

to theatreorchid: I taught myself how to make them off the internet.. in grade nine... i found it super easy, with wrapping the metal rings being harder then the inner weaving... its really simple... to be honest it you can tie a knot and put beads on thread, your on your way to making dreamcatchers... i find them super relaxing and enjoyable to make Smiley

to AGoofyGirl: the larger one, that is 14 inches for the outer ring, and 9 for the inner ring, took probably in the area of 16-18 hours over 3 or 4 days.. and the beaded one, which i believe is a 5 inch ring, took roughly twelve... but that was mostly because the beading was slow because i was using 3 of each color bead in a specific order.... and there were four colors of beads, yellow, green (with a gold hint to it) teal, and blue Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DawnsTrees
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010 12:46:38 PM »

Beautiful! Its great that you used the crystals that your family gave you in them - gives them even more personal meaning. I love how the center of the second one looks like a heart Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Kitsune-Tearz
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010 01:00:53 PM »

DawnsTrees : i loved how it turned out heart shaped too... and both crystals have special meanings
The star, my sister gave me when i was really depressed... she had been thinking about me, and it came off her rearview mirror (where she'd had it hung) the string, was in an un broken loop, around the mirror, but the star was on the seat of her car... but it wasn't broken or anything so she has no clue how it came off like that...
and the angel my mom gave to me "to use on a special dream catcher some day... she passed away in may... and i was working on this dream catcher and kept thinking of her... and then i found the angel in amongst my collection of charms for the center of my dream catchers... and i had to use it...
the feathers on this one are ones i found... just after she passed, i had a dream in which she told me to watch for white feathers, they were her way of letting me know she's thinking of me... those feathers i found in 3 diff places, one just outside my therapists office, just before my first app after mom passed, one outside the theater, on my first date with my DBF (the boy she kept trying to convince me to date, but i wasn't brave enough to ask out), and the last, jut outside the craft store her and I always went to, the first time i went there after she passed...

My dad and I each also have a nearly foot long white feather, both of which we found in the yard, (he found one, and then i found one about 5 mins later...) on my birthday...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Acadian Driftwood
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010 01:23:01 PM »

Beautiful dream catchers, and beautiful stories behind their creation! I really like the look of the circle within a circle on the first one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
DawnsTrees
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010 01:26:00 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss. The story behind the dream catchers makes them even more amazing to me. Posting pictures of crafts can be a bit daunting (at least for me), but ones with such personal meaning behind them... thank you for your willingness to share them with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists: http://www.wists.com/TinasDawn
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/dawnstrees

50 in 2011:My List. 50/50
50 in 2012:My List. 65/50
50 in 2013:My List. 21/50
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Egg Mayonnaise
Risotto Jambalaya by Chef Danielle Saunders
How to Make Cheese Stuffed Mini Meatloaves
How to Make an Unstuffed Pepper Bake
How to Make Southwestern Chicken and Rice Bake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...