A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Wampyr Sisters  (Read 3624 times)
Tags for this thread: craft_challenge_56_entries  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« on: November 07, 2010 02:31:50 PM »

Hi all!

Getting a bit snug to the deadline, but I can't let a Halloween pass without getting in my Halloween Costume entry Grin

So this year my friend Spammy and I decided to co-host a Halloween party at my house, and thus having costumes along the same theme.  Soooo after discussions we decided upon Victoriany looking (not historically correct by any means!!) vampire sisters!!

Not THE most inventive costume idea in the world I admit, but I put a lot of work into them and made most of both of our outfits and we luuuuuurve them and can't wait to find an opportunity to wear them again.  In fact I wore the skirts from my Halloween outfit to the supermarket today Wink

Soooo... what was crafted I hear you say??

HATS
Bought a cheap fancy dress sequin top hat for each of us ~ Removed black ribbon and crappy piece of net ~ Got the hot glue out Cheesy ~ Glued burgundy velvet ribbon round them ~ Dismantled and glued big black fake flower ~ Cut and glued cobweb lace veil

CHOKERS
Found THIS awesome choker online but wanted to make as much as possible, plus couldn't really afford to buy after spending so much on fabrics and decorations (and booze Wink).  Soooo... Velvet ribbon ~ attached velcro to ends ~ Fixed flat back red gems as vampire bite ~ Attached red blood droplets [beads] to chain and attached to choker

EARRINGS
Made some earrings to match the droplets on our chokers.  Apologies for the artsy photo, I only had the one I took for my folksy page!

SKIRTS
I made us 3 skirts each for the look.  Black net underskirt for a bit of poof!  Red satin circle skirt.  Black glittery cobweb lace hankerchief hem overskirt.

BOLERO
Bought us each a plain black long-sleeved t-shirt from the supermarket ~ cut the sleeves to around elbow length ~ cut the t-shirts to a bolero jacket type shape ~ did a massive amount of gathering to a massive amount of black chiffon ribbon Undecided ~ attached frilly ribbon to boleros ~ attached squares of cobweb lace to the sleeves to make some drapey sleeves

(Apologies for the strange boobage of my dressform, to emulate my mahoosive boobage she wears a big turquoise padded bra which I tried to cover with my half-sarong, but alas the camera flash has x-ray vision!!)

TEETH
Using some friendly plastic I also made my own vampire fangs with the help of THIS tutorial.  However apparently denture glue stuff doesn't work on my teeth cos even though they were custom made to fit my teeth they still wouldn't stay in and as such I have no piccies Sad

In addition we each wore a non-me-crafted top under our bolero.

I leave you with a parting shot of Spammy showing off her outfit, along with Arnold the Bat-Cat

Thanks for looking!!
TTFN
Loops  Cool

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010 02:33:29 PM by FruityLoops » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lathroniel
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010 06:55:17 PM »

I knew instantly that choker was inspired by the Alchemy Gothic choker! I love your version as much as the original! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ARStheLorax
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010 06:50:07 AM »

These are adorable! I love the choker. I've been meaning to make one like it for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life Ain't So Shitty.
Marthemor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010 02:02:51 AM »

Wow, you are one pair of sisters i would not like to meet on a dark night in the woods. You would scear the .... out of me:)

NIce work:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are welcome to visit my blog:

www.marthescorner.blogspot.com
FruityLoops
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

... and that's why I don't like cricket

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010 04:16:01 AM »

Wow, you are one pair of sisters i would not like to meet on a dark night in the woods. You would scear the .... out of me:)

NIce work:)

I'm not sure if that's a compliment on the outfits, or an insult to our clearly stunning good looks Grin  T he he, thanks tho! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smoldering Eye Makeup for a High-Impact Effect
Rose City Style Guide: Fall Trends Daytime Soft Iridescent EyeShadow
NYFW Runway to Real Way Beauty in 2 Minutes!
Wet N Wild Lipstick Vs. MAC Lipstick Product Review
MAC Eyeliner Pot Vs. Loreal Lacquer Liner Product Review
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...