A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A question to the swappers from Australia and New Zealand  (Read 3764 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

schnerby
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011 11:34:08 PM »

Sure, we get it. I don't think anyone was commenting on your ability to send any kind of mail.

Just from an organiser's perspective I'd hate to have a swap that dragged on for months because a number of packages were sent sea mail. The Aus/Canada combo doesn't seem to be working for some people, so it might be best to skip it for a while.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
kwiltykate
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2011 04:12:07 AM »

Like schnerby, I think it would be totally okay if you said, you'd only ship to other countries on the same continent,

... sadly not an option for Australians Wink

I'm sure Adelaide is a different continent  Grin

Aah Adelaide... the easy target ! I wouldnt live anywhere else Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

schnerby
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011 05:01:18 PM »

Like schnerby, I think it would be totally okay if you said, you'd only ship to other countries on the same continent,

... sadly not an option for Australians Wink

I'm sure Adelaide is a different continent  Grin

Aah Adelaide... the easy target ! I wouldnt live anywhere else Cheesy

I was going to say Tassie, but it sounded too easy! I actually like Adelaide, especially those crazy bus tracks through the city. Mucho fun on those.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sketchbook Project 2012 My theme: Hope

I have hundreds of purple buttons (a few different styles). Personal swap?
nilmerg

I'm inspired by all your posts to craft some more

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2011 03:25:18 PM »

I am currently waiting for a small parcel from NZ (to Aust), so even there we can't win!

On average, anything I send tends to take 2 weeks.

Thanks for the info on Canada <-> Aust/NZ combinations for swaps, we have to remember that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011 06:52:32 PM »

I wish I would have read this thread before I said "yes" to having an international partner for my first swap.  I shipped first class from USA to Germany with granny squares and 1/4lb of chocolate and now I'm worried that she won't get it.  I didn't realize that international shipping was sooooo slow.

It'll suck if I have to wait months for my feedback.  I really want to start some other swaps.  I guess if it doesn't get there by the end of the first month waiting I'll ask the organizer what we can do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011 10:15:42 PM »

I wish I would have read this thread before I said "yes" to having an international partner for my first swap.  I shipped first class from USA to Germany with granny squares and 1/4lb of chocolate and now I'm worried that she won't get it.  I didn't realize that international shipping was sooooo slow.

It'll suck if I have to wait months for my feedback.  I really want to start some other swaps.  I guess if it doesn't get there by the end of the first month waiting I'll ask the organizer what we can do.

It's not always so bad - don't let this thread put you off entirely! I haven't had any experience with US-Europe times, but nearly all my US-New Zealand Craftster parcels have been fine. I've had only one go missing, one take over four weeks, nearly all the rest were under 2 weeks, and I received one from the US in 3 days!

However parcels to/from Canada are a different story ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seereeoslee

Get 'em while they're young

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011 06:59:57 AM »

Jemimah~  Thanks for the encouraging words! 

I really should have done some research about shipping times.  But now I know better what to expect for the next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*  *  *  *  Swaps  *  *  *  *  Granny's Daughters Round 8 and a Half (time to buy more yarn)  *  *  *  *
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011 07:30:15 AM »

Yeah, don't worry too much. My experience is that most places aren't too bad, taking ages to arrive is usually is the exception not the rule. It's the shipping between Canada and Austrailia that seems particularly bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011 08:15:50 AM »

Don't worry, you should have no problems. I've had lots of US swap partners, and I've hardly ever had problems with the packages. On the contrary, I've always been a bit jealous about how a packge from the US to Germany is usually twice as fast as the other way round.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananabanana
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2011 05:35:07 AM »

However parcels to/from Canada are a different story ...
but the Canadians are our cousins  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Thicken Thin Hair | Thinning Hair and Baldness
How to Treat Scars from Old Hair Transplants
Hair Transplant Growth on Scarred or Burned Skin
How to Care for a Hair Transplant
Salon Tips: Holiday Hair Styles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...