A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,178
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journal for a month swap SEND OFFS ON Dec 11  (Read 44061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kitten Wrangler
Somewhere, somehow, Connex is to blame

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2010 07:41:38 AM »

I'm thinking my journal is going to end up looking a lot different to the ones that are being described here. I imagine there won't be a lot in the way of embellishment, and I'll be writing a page a day and then binding all the pages together at the end of the month. Something like that.

Also - I've discovered something awesomely bizarre, and I'm determined to let my partner know about it.... That will do nicely for the first entry, I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I should die of smallpox
Put my remains in my snuff box
new_bee
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2010 08:26:31 AM »

aw, I'd like to join this swap ... But there's so much writing involved and English isn't my native tongue... not sure... Well, still got a day or two to think about it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
- Terry Pratchett -
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2010 09:11:19 AM »

In the gallery, I'm going to want to see the cover, favorite pages if there are any with neat drawings or designs(you don't have to get as close up on written passages), the small item you received, and any extras.
I'm hoping to get a journal tomorrow after work. I really like the idea mentioned before of using a composition notebook. It reminds me of doodling/jotting down ideas back in 5th grade....technically my first "journal" setup.  Also, that would be a good number of pages for this swap. 

I have one question about the gallery: are we to post only the covers of the journals or are we to also include some of the goods inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2010 10:18:28 AM »

aw, I'd like to join this swap ... But there's so much writing involved and English isn't my native tongue... not sure... Well, still got a day or two to think about it...
  You might get someone who has knowledge of your native language, there are bilingual crafters on here.  You could mention this in your questionnaire, and someone might find this fact adds to the journal exchange experience for them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
tankrgrl
TankrGrl

Not a mess, controlled chaos

« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2010 10:36:11 AM »

seems there are a few birthdays this month, so should be interesting. Mine is on 23rd Smiley
That is my 9 year wedding anniversary Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willing to swap/trade/pay for Harry Potter fabric to make a quilt for my daughter, just send a PM Smiley

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
calluna
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2010 01:10:08 PM »

new_bee: Don't let language stop you, I would love a non-English journal, myself! If English isn't the language you feel most comfortable writing in, write everything out in whichever language your heart and your mind speak--that's what is most important.  Smiley Then later, when you have time, you could write a short translation to include with it.
Come to think of it, translations of one's journal writings would make very nice backgrounds for an art journal.

For posting pictures in the gallery, I recommend blurring out the text on pages you want to share, if there are things written that your partner might not want the world to see.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 02:06:43 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Smmarrt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2010 01:20:56 PM »

Okay, I bought a blank book today. But I really want to try making a journal out of the cool ________ I found the other day. Hmmmmmm, can't decide. (I may have to change my answers to the homemade or store bought question later, Dizzer. Hope that's not a problem.)

We are also looking forward to a weekend of rain so I plan to begin early as well - the fab SF Giants are in Texas so lots of baseball, crafts and rain - perfect weekend!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.pinterest.com/smmarrt/
Winter Ninni Swap - Sign ups 12/01 - 12/15
4 x 6 Art Swap - January 2015
Fabric Art Journal Pages - February 2015
DizzerSpinninRound
Proverbs 31: 10-31

Little M is growing in my belly! Due Feb 2013!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2010 01:59:31 PM »

Thank you for mentioning blurring the words!

It's going to be easy partnering, so far, the only person I'm going to have problem with partnering is me;) It's hard to choose a partner when you're the organizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
new_bee
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2010 02:55:34 PM »

@Sandra22 and calluna: Thanks so much for your post, you made up my mind Smiley Just sent in my questionnaire. I'm so happy about it. My first swap. Cheesy Yes, I'm very happy.

And for the questions:
Are you making a homemade journal or a recon journal?
I'm making a recon journal.

Do you prefer to receive a journal that someone hand made or reconned?
I don't mind, I think either is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
- Terry Pratchett -
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2010 03:44:51 PM »

[/quote]
That is my 9 year wedding anniversary Smiley
[/quote]

Happy anniversary'

New-bee - good for you, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.  I think it would be quite good to receive a journal in English and another language - would make it extra interesting Smiley
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 03:46:09 PM by Sandra22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
R. Kayeen Thomas Performs a Rap Song from the Novel Antebellum
R. Kayeen Thomas Reveals His Novel Antebellum
David Gelernter on Mirror Worlds: Space, Time, and the Internet
Actor John Challis Recounts Being Boycie at Althorp Literary Festival
John Lanchester Talks About His Novel "Capital" at Althorp
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...