For all you Chunky House papercrafting devotees on Craftster - another chance to show your skills and build up your cardboard cities
This theme will ask you to name the type of winter theme you would like - any winter festival, or maybe The Snow Queen, Mystical winter stories...whatever you fancy.
If you participate in this swap you will need to be prepared to do a bit of research if you are given a subject that isn't that familiar to you - but I will do my best to match partners who want the same theme as much as possible.
Not sure what a chunky house is?? Check out the swap galleries on here for other themed swaps and also the Papercrafting board for info.
Don't forget that I am in the UK and a lot of you will be in the USA - so there will be slight time difference - so your evening is my middle of the night for example - i will be operating on GMT for timing for this swap.
I've copied the rest from a former chunky house swap as it explains how they are made really well:
In this swap, participants will be put into groups of 5. Each member of the group will make and send out one house, decorated front and back (embellish, embellish, embellish!), to each person in your group. Houses should be sturdy enough to stand when attached to other houses, so please select a sufficiently sturdy base material to work with. Each house should measure between 3" to 4" wide, and should be no taller than 7".
Because this is a papercraft swap, dc numbers are not required, but if for some reason your chunky house does not arrive at its destination, you will be required to re-send.
Communication is very important! If you wish to join, please put "Winter Chunky houses" in your signup PM. You are required to send me a PM when you send and receive your houses. Failure to do this will be reflected in your feedback. Also, everyone who signs up for the swap MUST post in this thread!
Swap name:Winter Chunky House Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:sajona
Sign-up date range: 24-31 October
Date to send item by:14 November
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):no, but would need co-organiser if it goes over 25
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
Details of swap: Winter Chunky House Swap
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap Winter Chunky House Swap
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What winter/holiday themes are you happy crafting?
What theme would you like for your houses?
What would you NOT want for your houses
Any other info you like your swappee to know?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
7. while it's raining