A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,347
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny Halloween Scenes  (Read 2094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

HappyBecca
« on: October 18, 2010 08:43:00 PM »

Someone made the mistake of letting me borrow their Cricut so I've gone a little insane.  My house is sort of old so it has lots of odd recesses in the walls where you are supposed to put shelves, telephones, and religious figures.  I'm using them to display graveyards and haunted houses.  I only have 3 spots left so if anyone has any cool ideas for me to run like a crazy woman with, I'm all ears Smiley.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
EllaRain
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010 09:18:40 PM »

Wonderful  Grin
You have made me consider doing the same thing in my windows. . . hmmm will it be light enough for the tricker treaters to see them?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. . . . I would rather have cheese.
http://pinterest.com/ellaraindrop/
XxXbattyXxX
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010 09:42:03 PM »

Wow that awesome! What cartage did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whedonvese swap 7 (crafting)
I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010 11:19:17 PM »

Very cool use of available nook space! I love the graveyard zombie scene!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
littlefawnpug

I am Gandalf, and Gandalf means me!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010 05:17:32 AM »

I wish our house had those cubbies in the walls.  Way back when I was little my grandparents had a house that had those cubbies, and other neat characteristics as well.  Anyways, I have an idea for you.  Why not put spiders in one cubby then, take those fake spider webs and put over the cubbie.  So its kinda like the spider is 'inside' of a web hide away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn to crochet or knit?  I have a ton of extra crochet hooks & circular knitting needles.  Will throw in some pattern books and yarn for anyone interested in a swap.
HappyBecca
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010 06:55:08 AM »

Wonderful  Grin
You have made me consider doing the same thing in my windows. . . hmmm will it be light enough for the tricker treaters to see them?

Thank you Smiley.  I have one gigantic set of windows in the front so I usually put up some giant silhouettes of witches or something along those lines... I think anything I did on the cricut would drown in there. But Window silhouettes are awesome! I always see people with two story houses doing two giant eyes or spiders or other Halloweeny stuff and start wishing I had a second floor hehe.

Wow that awesome! What cartage did you use?
  - I used a program called "Sure Cuts A Lot" where you can take images (.jpgs, pdfs and a few more), create outlines and it sends them to the cricut.

I wish our house had those cubbies in the walls.  Way back when I was little my grandparents had a house that had those cubbies, and other neat characteristics as well.  Anyways, I have an idea for you.  Why not put spiders in one cubby then, take those fake spider webs and put over the cubbie.  So its kinda like the spider is 'inside' of a web hide away.
  If I can get better with fake web, I'll do this... But I swear I'm fake web challenged Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010 07:42:07 AM »

You can create stuff for a Cricut?? The reason I've held off of buying one has been because it's not a 'create your own design then cut it' machine like the Craft Robo, now I find it is!

*shakes fist* Curse you and your awsome customised cutouts Wink Grin Where did I leave that credit card?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!
HappyBecca
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010 08:32:12 AM »

I know!!!! I thought it was all cartridges too... but now that I know better, I know what I'm asking for for Christmas... I wonder if I could instate a special Thanksgiving gift giving session so I'll have it in time to do winter decorations everywhere. Can you imagine the snowflakes? The Snowmen?? The Gingerbread???!! Winter Wonderland here I come Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cackle
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator
Pottery, Ceramics, Polymer Clay Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Whenever I close my eyes the lights go on.. Lummis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2010 02:00:44 PM »

Oh gosh, I think these are great! And I didn't know you could customize with a cricut....when did that happen?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sazzra

You have vampire in your cleavage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010 06:36:02 AM »

I just looked up the software (expecting some outrageous price) and it's $60 downloaded! I'm really haunting EBay now - if nothing else, I want zombies too  Grin They are the coolest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer swapping, so please ignore any expressions of interest in the Ideas thread

Heavens defend me from that Welsh fairy, lest he transform me to a piece of cheese!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cover Up Imperfections
How to Master the Classic Cat-Eye Look
Beauty Prep School: How To Do A Half-And-Half Mani
How To Apply and Remove Glitter Polish
How To Define Your Brows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...