A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Daisy Purse **Added Tute for Removable Bag Base**  (Read 3275 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MelSews67
« on: October 19, 2010 05:36:05 PM »

This is the first bag that I have made using hardware on the handles and I'm hooked, no pun intended.

The fabirc is Daisy Chain from Amy Butler.  The lobster hooks were upcycled from an old (last season ROSS find) handbag.  This bag has a magnetic snap closure, interior zippered pocket and removable bag base (which can be washed).  This bag is interlined with medium weight fusible as well as med-heavy sew-in.  It holds it's shape beautifully... I'm crazy about the colors. :-)

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome, of course!

-M

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010 06:54:16 PM by MelSews67 - Reason: Added Tute for removable bag base insert (in post) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
amethyst6
Life is what you make it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010 06:41:46 PM »

Love this purse. You did an awesome job on it. I think the hardware really compliments it. I love the pattern of the fabric too. Thanks for sharing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/amethyst6
I am interested in personal swaps. PM me.
silver mom
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010 07:58:24 PM »

I love the colors Wink the print Grin. has a beautiful shape Shocked
I don't think that you really need it Angry 
I take "DONATIONS"  Roll Eyes
LOL

Your bag is beautiful! Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MaloryArcher

I could eat the pants off some shrimp...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010 09:32:30 PM »

This is really cute! At least I am not the only one who trolls the clearance section of Ross and WalMart and at the Goodwill for cheap bags with great hardware. Sometimes the bags themselves are cheaper than buying the hardware at the store!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
b2j2fitz
Vibrant Designs

...is striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010 05:20:01 AM »

Just a note to everyone on the hardware...I shop yardsales throughout the summer and pay 50 cents for a bag.  If I find a sale with a bunch of bags, I approach the seller letting them know I pay 50c per bag.  Often times, it works...and I get some great hardware/zippers/keychains etc from them.  When I explain what I do it helps Smiley

This bag is really cute!  I love to put hardware on my bags cause it gives it a more professional look and you have definitely achieved that!  Nice work!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mod35tBabe
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010 06:05:11 AM »

Love this bag, I want to make one. With the removable bag base, how did you do that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~
MelSews67
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010 06:52:40 PM »

Love this bag, I want to make one. With the removable bag base, how did you do that?

Here is a little tutorial for my bag base:

I hope you can read it, this is my first "tutorial" for someone other than myself... i usually type my patterns for myself and keep them with my drawings, lol, so they are tailored to me.

Let me know if you can figure it out, and if you make one, let me know what you think! :-)
-M
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010 05:28:55 AM »

I'll definitely give it a go, thank you Smiley - just also wondering what kind of fabric you'd recommend using? I can't buy Amy Butler here but googling it didn't really tell me much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please',I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'.
41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

MelSews67
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010 06:33:00 PM »

I'll definitely give it a go, thank you Smiley - just also wondering what kind of fabric you'd recommend using? I can't buy Amy Butler here but googling it didn't really tell me much.

Any good quality quilting cotton is fine.  I use med/heavy fusible interfacing on outer fabric along with heavy weight sew-in interlining.  The inner fabric I use a light weight fusible.  HOWEVER... I just made one tonight using Home decorator cotton for interior and exterior... 7oz cotton duck, so light weight cotton duck... with same interfacings, etc. and it came out beautifully!

I'll post pictures tomorrow. :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mod35tBabe
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010 05:28:43 AM »

Cool thank you for that, I'll have to make a visit to my fabric store - like I needed an excuse to do that hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

41 SWAPS COMPLETE
2 IN PROCESS

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work with Natural light
How to Take Easy baby portraits
How to Take Wedding Photographs
How to Create lighting for models
How to Build a Dual Macro Flash for DSLR Macro Lens
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...