A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,669
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Send December 1st  (Read 6667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2010 02:53:52 PM »

This page is for lists only! Please keep all discussion on our discussion thread! Thank you!

Swap name: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: pixieval
Co-organizer: sinellia  
Sign-up date range: Oct 19-Oct 30
Date to send item by: Dec 1

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement: 18 and up

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES *18 for this swap
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is going to be our Yarnies Vs Sewists holiday wishlist swap! You do not have to have been a member of one of our Yarnies Vs Sewists swaps before this one.  
This swap is in wish list form which means anyone can claim you to craft for, and you may send to and receive from multiple people. The difference between this swap and a lot of wishlist swaps is: You can only ask for items that can be sewn, embroidered, knitted or crocheted. Hence: Yarnies vs. Sewists!

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium. Items do not have to be holiday-themed.
Small and medium refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
If you don't know what a small or medium is please click here to read the Craftster official definition  

FOC can have 3 claim/wishes outstanding at a time
First Time Swappers can have 1 claim/wish outstanding at a time
All other swappers can have 2 outstanding claims/wishes at a time
*if you want to send to more you will have to wait until a package is received.
You are not required to send more than once.  It is up to you if you decide to claim more times.  Just remember your krafty kharma and have fun with it and send something that you would like to receive in return.  

No matter what date you claim, the sendout deadline for everyone is December 1.  If you send out quickly and have a claim slot open due to a package being received (or a claim slot not picked already in the first place), you may select again so in theory you can pick several times in this swap!

*Friends of Craftster may claim up to 3 people at a time. (If you don't know how to become a FOC, just ask!]][http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php]
*non FOCs who have been in 1+ other swaps previously may claim up to 2 people at a time.
*first-time swappers may claim 2 (or 3 if a FOC) at a time after their 1st package has been received.
*No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been picked.
*Claiming goes through the send-out date of December 1.   Each person can be picked as many times possible during the claiming period however I am going to not approve claims made to people who have been chosen 2 more times than they have claimed - to try and avoid a situation like someone gets picked 5 x and only sends out once  

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
Write a mini bio including what country you are in, your holiday preferences (i.e., celebrating Christmas, Hannukah, Eid and/or Kwanzaa, plus whether you want to receive crafted items specifically for those holidays), allergies, any aversions to animal products, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc. You should also add links to your wists, etsy favorites, or amazon.com wish list(s). You can make a Top Wishes list at the top. Being a Friend of Craftster also helps because of the additional info available in your profile.
You must have at least 5 crafted(yarnie or sewist) items on your list. You can include large items in your wish list, but the majority should be small and medium items, and there should be no disappointment or grumblings if you do not receive a large itemwere aiming for smalls and mediums!

How to claim:
Browse through everyones wishlists. Make sure the "who hasn't been picked" list is clear if you want to claim someone who has already been claimed. PM organizer with "YVS claim" as the subject and who you want to claim, and what for in the body. If approved, I will send you their questionnaire. Start crafting!

Sending and Receiving:
You can send the finished package as soon as youre ready, email both the organizer, co-organizer and the person you are sending to with the DCN or picture of the receipt. Subject should be YVS Sent. Same goes for when you receive, but subject line should be YVS Recvd.

A delivery confirmation number is required for all domestic shipments. If you are shipping internationally, you must save your receipt. If shipping from the U.S. to another country, as a courtesy please share the customs form number, because it can be used for basic tracking purposes, too.
You must PM organizer when after you have sent and received.

If you want to participate, information to send to pixieval and sinellia  (please put YVS Questionnaire as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and mailing address including the country

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old(YES/NO)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents? If not, please post this in the information section of your wishlist so your partner can take pictures before sending.
Can you list at least 5 yarnie and sewist items and/or supplies on your wishlist?
If there are clothing items on your list, what are your measurements and or size?
women-
shirt size:
bust:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

men-
shirt size:
neck:
sleeve:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

I usually approve within the same day, so please check your PMs before the end of your day and post your list. Try to get your wish list up quickly so we can keep the swap hopping.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 06:52:23 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:11 PM »

List of approved Swappers and Claims

Swappers (How many times they've claimed, how many times they've been claimed)
pixieval (6,5)
sinellia(3,2)
DesignVigilante(3,3)
FinRaziel (2,2)
Disco Queen Highness(3,4)
icebyrd67 (2,4)
mommythemaid (3,3)
spoopy(1,2)
goddessgarb(3,2)
sugaree (2,2)
SciFunk(2,1)
sunspotted (1,1)
spotnik(3,2)
Annchen (1,1)
wonderwoman1976(3,2)
Casey1201(2,2)
sweety28303(2,2)

Claims currently Maxed out
3 Claims
pixieval 2 claim, 0 sent, 4 recvd
sinellia 3 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
DesignVigilante  1 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
FinRaziel 2 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
Disco Queen Highness 0 claim, 0 sent, 3 recvd
icebyrd67 2 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
mommythemaid 3 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
goddessgarb 1 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
SciFunk 2 claim, 1 sent, 0 recvd
Sunspotted 1 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd
spotnik  2 claims, 0 sent, 1 recvd
Annchen 1 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
wonderwoman1976  2 claim, 2 sent, 1 recvd
Casey1201 2 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd
sweety28303 2 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd

2 Claims
spoopy 0 claim, 0 sent, 1 recvd

Feedback Complete
sugaree 0 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
pixieval
sinellia
designvigilante
finraziel
disco queen highness
 icebyrd67
spoopy
goddessgarb
 sugaree
 annchen
mommythemaid
sunspotted
scifunk
spotnik
Feedback Not Complete
wonderwoman1967

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 06:52:24 AM by PixieVal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:24 PM »

All claims will be listed here

Sent
Received
Sending Late with Communication
Contact us!

DesignVigilante --> icebyrd67  Jane Hat
mommythemaid --> pixieval  Double-Sided Napkins
Disco Queen Highness --> mommythemaid  Fabric Hair Rollers
pixieval --> Disco Queen Highness   Cottontail Dishtowels and a crocheted wisty surprise
spoopy -->sinellia  cat toys, and out of the ordinary yarn
sinellia --> DesignVigilante  dog clothes
DesignVigilante --> FinRaziel   handspun yarn
icebyrd67 --> spoopy   snack bags
goddessgarb --> DesignVigilante   sleep mask and checkbook cover
pixieval --> goddessgarb  fingerless gloves
icebyrd67 --> sugaree woodland creature Christmas ornaments
FinRaziel --> spoopy   dragon amigurumi
sugaree --> pixieval   knitted 3x3 squares
sinellia --> pixieval    embroidery
goddessgarb --> Disco Queen Highness   crochet hook case
Disco Queen Highness --> sinellia   pouch for her ton o' knitting needles.  
MommyTheMaid --> SciFunk winter and thanksgiving napkins
sunspotted --> icebyrd67  A horde of octopuses in any and all colors.
DesignVigilante --> sunspotted ponytail hat
spotnik --> icebyrd67  slouchy hat
Disco Queen Highness --> goddessgarb  draft dodger and wisty surprise
goddessgarb  --> pixieval  I Believe Felt Poster
Annchen --> spotnik  Wrist Warmers
sugaree -->spotnik  coffee mug sleeve
spotnik --> sugaree for a slouchy hat
wonderwoman1967 --> Annchen for cloth pads
wonderwoman1967 --> icebyrd67 for fingerless gloves and embroidery floss
wonderwoman1976 --> FinRaziel for yarn and stitch markers
pixieval --> wonderwoman1976 for crocheted jewelry!
SciFunk --> MommyTheMaid  Crochet books from her wist
mommythemaid --> DesignVigilante for ipod and laptop case
FinRaziel --> sweety28303 for a hello kitty amigurumi
sweety28303 to sugaree for a infinity scarf
Casey1201 --> Disco Queen Highness for bright cheery cloth napkins
sweety28303 --> Casey1201 Casey1201 for a wist inspired beanie with bow
spotnik --> pixieval 3x3 squares
SciFunk --> Casey1201 for scrapbooking stuff
Casey1201 --> wonderwoman1976 for fabric bookmarks based on her flickr favs
pixieval to sweety28303 for yarn
pixieval to designvigilante for ravelry patterns
pixieval to mommythemaid for ravelry patterns
sinellia  to Disco Queen Highness for a beanie!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010 10:18:38 AM by PixieVal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:38 PM »

just in case
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010 02:59:48 PM »

Will add more items as I think of them!
I am almost 29 years old(on the 27 of this month!), married to a great Air Force guy, and have a beautiful daughter named Lily-Anne who is my world. She will be 3 in January. We live in Minot, ND USA with our 2 dogs Sammy and Charlotte. You can see a picture of them on my profile page. I love to crochet, am getting better at sewing, and have tried knitting a couple of times( and failed!). We celebrate Christmas, though not the religious part of it, but rather the family part of it. It snows a lot here, and most of the time it is under 15 degrees in the winter! Im hoping to help fulfill some of the gaps in my Christmas crafting! I would really love to get something for my best friend, she is a female boxer, a mother, works for Easter Seals, goes to school full-time has a toddler. She is my hero. I would love to get anything you can think of in a female boxer theme.
I am allergic to nickel based earrings
I love all colors, though am not a fan of clothing that is predominately pepmo bismo pink. I am a hippie and a computer nerd, and my favorite hobby besides crafting is reading. I love urban fantasy books.
I dont like: day of the dead, mustaches,  extremely gory
Wists: www.wists.com/pixieval I have tags on my wist for crochet, knit, embroidery, and sewn too!
Themes: patchwork(probably favorite theme ever!), children, polka dots, lots of color, hippie, vintage,
I love it when people use reclaimed items in my gifts! Anything on my list (except for the panty liners please) would be loved even if you use reclaimed yarn or fabric!

Knit/Crochet
3x3 inch squares- any design any colors- for a patchwork Craftster Afghan- Would love to get this from lots of different Craftsters!
Slouchy hats
Dr Who Scarf
Guords or pumpkins amis
Marilyn Monroe ami
Teaset ami
adult's candy corn hat
Jane Hat(from Firefly)
Women's slippers- sizes 9, 9 1/2, 11, 7 1/2, 8 1/2
Bella Mittens

Sewist Items
Fabric basket- lighthouse theme(I have the fabric for this, just not the patience! I will send you how much fabric you need for this claim! lol)
rag fabric bowls
Reusable produce bags
Fabric ATCs
Patchwork Scarf
Toddler Busy Book
Fabric yo-yos
Lap quilt- Christmas themed- pathwork and rag quilts are awesome!
Art Quilt- even teenie tiny ones are awesome! I know a lot of work can go into these!
This X-Files felt Wall hanging http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/I_Want_to_Believe_poster_1.JPG Thank you goddessgarb!
Clothes for my poppet
Double-Sided Cloth Napkins- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer
deep fabric basket for crochet projects- doesn't need to be super wide, just deep
Backpack for my daughter that looks like Dora's backpack
panty liners
patchwork fingerless gloves
baggy nightgowns- I love the big t-shirt feeling nightgowns!
recyled from old wool clothing in patchwork theme- hats, scarves, arm warmers, pj pants,
across the chest purse
Pillow Case for a body pillow- preferably with a zipper on one end

Embroidery
embroidered handerchiefs- especially for men
Embroidery to hang on my wall- http://www.wists.com/pixieval/embroidery(just some examples, but I love embroidery so much, I'll love whatever you take the time to make for me!)
embroidered sweatshirts- seriously any theme you can think of, except for those on my don't like list.

Yarnies or Sewist
Dolls, plushies, amis, poppets, etc- themes- Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, How to Train a Dragon, Ballerinas, Tinkerbelle, Marilyn Monroe(for my sil), a female boxer, Mickey Mouse characters, unicorn, Sully from Monsters Inc(my dd is so obsessed with him, and I can't find any kind of stuffed animals)
South Carolina GameCocks themed Stocking
Christmas Ornaments
bookmarks

Supplies Pre-loved supplies are always appreciated!
Acorn Caps- I want to make felted acorns, but we don't have the right trees up here!
handspun/dyed yarn- drool!!!!
Old itchy wool yarn, wool scraps(for making wool dryer balls)
Cotton yarn
Quilting cottons- childrens themes
t-shirt yarn
Cool scraps of fabrics that I can put in embroidery hoops to hang up
Craft books http://www.wists.com/pixieval/book
buttons
twill tape(can be found with bias tape)
embroidery hoops(any size for my wall, thrift stores or old ones you don't need)
pom-pom maker- super need!!
styrofoam heads for displaying hats I've made
Wool for needle felting
yarn trainer
N crochet hooks- I am always loosing my N hooks because there is not a spot for them in my hook case!
your old issues of Sew Simple or Crochet Magazines

Extras
Shotglasses from your hometown/state/local attraction
ATC of your Craftster User name!
recipes- few ingredients/short cook time
postcards from your hometown/state/local attraction- something written on the back!
a penpalish type letter- I soooo want an old fashioned snail mail penpal

Thank you so much for claiming me!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010 07:20:06 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010 04:48:26 PM »

Hello! My name's Diana and I'm from southern California.
I live with my husband whom i recently married (Sept. 5th, 2008), my chihuahua mixed dog, Georgie and the newest addition to our family, my rat terrier dog Sophie. I'm a part time domestic goddess, but a full time art geek. I go to a local community college and am a Graphic Design major.
I am primarily a yarnie in craft (knit/crochet/spin). We do celebrate Christmas in this household, but mostly the family and cartoony side of it (food/cooking, family gathering, Charlie Brown Christmas, A Muppets Christmas Carol, etc.).
My favorite color scheme is pink-black-white. My favorite colors in order are pink, red, seafoam green, electric blue, and red-violet. I love polka dots, circles, argyle, and plaid. I also currently have an obsession with zebra stripes. I also love leopard print but in unnatural colors (I really dont like the orangey yellow and black spot). I have more info and links to my wist, facebook, etc on my profile.

For my boy dog, I love to see him in primary colors and anything you would typically associate with a little boy (like race cars, rocket ships, etc). He's typically a size "Small", but if you need any measurements I have them around here somewhere. He loves rope toys, plushies, and any treats that look and smell like something you would eat yourself.

For my girl dog, I kind of like to dress her like i would dress myself lol lots of pink, black, white, red, and purple. Lots of patterns esp. stripes, zebra print and leopard print.

For my hubby, his favorite color combination is blue-black-white. He prefers solid colors, stripes, and minimal designs.

Allergy note: I have a wool sensitivity, mostly around sensitive areas like my neck and my forehead. I have extremely sensitive skin, so no soaps or lotions with a lot of chemicals/artificial ingredients. Hypoallergenic, home made, or organic skin products only. My hubby is allergic to cat hair, so please wash anything that might be in contact with a cat.

My favorite scents are Vanilla, Strawberry, and Citrus.

My Wishlist: http://www.kaboodle.com/designvigilante

Must haves = Red text

Sewn Crafts:

*An ipod sock/case similar to this but not necessarily in the same colors/fabrics http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/iphone-ipod-case-carousel-handmade-vintage-fabric-isockit-deluxe?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnDAA&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com
 Thanks Mommythemaid!
*A laptop sock/case similar to this not necessarily in the same colors/fabrics for my 10" hp mini netbook http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/macbook-pro-case-domino-handmade-vintage-fabric-isockit?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnC-Q&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com
Thanks Mommythemaid!

*A sock/case similar to the one above but for my wacom tablet (7.4 x 7.9 x 0.5 inches) with a pouch in front to keep the usb cord and pen

*Easy Breezy Wrap Pants for either my husband or myself in light weight fabrics. Blues/black/white for my hubby, pink/red/purple/black/white for me. http://laupre.wordpress.com/2008/06/29/easy-breezy-wrap-pants-tutorial/

*Sleeping Mask! Something dark, cute, and functional! Thanks goddessgarb!

*A book cover/pillow like this one http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/reading-set-book-cover-and-pillow?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAXTYVw&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

*A Bowling Bag style weekender bag in a cute fabric (I visit my mom several times a month and actually spend the weekend there, so i am in need of a good weekender bag)

*Clothes for either of my dogs (can be knitted, crocheted, sewn, bought, etc. I have exact measurements if you choose this) Thanks sinellia!

*Set of 3 to 5 cloth menstrual pads with metal or velcro snaps in dark colors (tut: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0)

*A lap or throw sized quilt in pink, black, and white.
*hip bag/modern fanny pack (not necessarily in these prints/colors, example of style)  http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/hip-bag-festival-denim?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAhbWQg&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com   http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/pale-blue-and-pink-paisley-hip-pouch-fanny-pack?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAhdN7w&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com    http://www.etsy.com/listing/48407610/traveler-in-zebra-made-to-order?ref=sr_list_11&ga_search_query=fanny+pack&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

*bicycle basket liner http://www.etsy.com/listing/49007336/bicycle-basket-liner-and-tote

*circle/patchwork skirt with stretchy yoga style waist band

*a big busted poppet resembling me (pink hair and all lol)

*An oversized stylish tote for carrying large projects or for the gym  http://www.etsy.com/listing/49426810/bella-tote-in-denim or http://www.etsy.com/listing/44210511/weekend-bag-black-tiger

*check book cover http://www.etsy.com/listing/55847665/cranberry-sparrow-handmade-checkbook
Thanks goddessgarb!

*Project bag like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/46847702/super-nifty-knitting-crochet-project-bag or this http://www.etsy.com/listing/41606753/project-box-bag-tote-organizer-large

Yarnie Crafts:

*long knitted or crocheted scarf with pockets on both ends

*crocheted Juliana wrap kerchief http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/juliana-wrap

*knit cap-a-chino leg warmers (or something similar, or the pattern would be great too lol) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cap-a-chinos-legwarmers--adult-sizes

*Knitted "I heart pom poms" hat in black with pink accents http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/i-heart-pompoms

*Clothes for either of my dogs (can be knitted, crocheted, sewn, bought, etc. I have exact measurements if you choose this)

*Daisy Stitch Hat (preferably in netural colors, like black and gray) Knit Pattern

Supplies

Scissors, any size (im constantly losing my scissors no matter how many i get so i always need some)
Crochet hooks (used are perfectly ok with me)
Tunisian aka Afghan Hooks (the extremely long crochet hooks)
Any sort of Acrylic yarn like Vanna's Choice (any colors or styles)
Cotton yarn (any colors)
Wool yarn (any colors)
fiber for spinning (in batts or roving)
a ball winder (used/well loved is always ok with me!)
Lightweight fabric to make the Easy Breezy Wrap Pants (at least 2 yards)
dyes for dying yarn/fiber
new or used spindle (top whorl or mid whorl please)
Soak http://www.eatsleepknit.com/cshop/product/SOAK-4-Oz-Bottles/179/

---->Books!
Knitting Rules!
Knit.101
Mason Dixon Knitting
Custom Knits
Toe Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
A Fine Fleece, Knitting with Handspun Yarns
Pattern wishlist on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/people/DesignVigilante/queue?wishlist=true
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 09:21:31 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010 08:19:47 PM »

Will add more items as I think of them!

Hi, I'm Ginger!  I'm 28 years old.  I usually spend most of my free time crafting.  Embroidery and crocheting are my two new favourite crafts!  I'm also an avid knitter, but not so great at machine-sewing.

I love dark purple/plum, green and teal, light blue...I wear mostly dark purple, black, and grey.  I love corduroy fabric, and velvet.
I dont like: extreme gore, cutesy stuff, pink, yellow, and orange...neon bright stuff, frilly girly...
Wists: www.wists.com/sinellia
Etsy favorites: (I use this more often) http://www.etsy.com/people/gingery/favorites
Themes: vintage, retro, steampunk

items in red are must haves!

Knit/Crochet
cowl (like crofter's cowl!)
dog sweater
cat toys Thanks Spoopy!
shrug
knitted socks! (I've never succeeded in making myself a pair)
knitted mary janes in black, dark gray, or dark purple
A fancy afghan (I lost the one my gram made for me as a baby Sad  )

Sewist Items
sewing basket for my embroidery stuff - retro theme
embroidery hoopla to hang around my house
patchwork skirt
knee length skirt with vintage/retro fabric

shawl/shrug
dog collars (my doxie mix is a boy, my lab/boxer is a girl...I can send measurements)
a pouch to put my knitting needles in (I have a TON) Thanks Disco Queen Highness!
handbags
empire waist shirt/shift with pockets
slip cover for my kitchenaid mixer (its a classic model...picked it up at a fleamarket for cheap, fugly tan color but works like a champ!) with vintage/retro fabric

Supplies
Needle felting wool
any type of out of the ordinary yarn
iron on embroidery patterns
whimsies
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010 11:45:29 AM by sinellia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
FinRaziel
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010 09:17:17 AM »

my name is courtney. im 26 and live in chicago, though im from michigan. i live with my boyfriend and our two cats. i think my black cat hester is perfect.  i work an office job and spend all day looking forward to coming home at night to craft (knit, crochet and aimgurumi)
i do celebrate xmas, but not in a traditional religious manner. i do like xmas elves a lot though, and am not opposed to xmas decor.  
colors i like are black, earthy and dark greens, and purples. not a fan of very bright colors. i seem to lean towards kinda dark and gothy looking things, or fantasy inspired stuff. i like victorian stuff too.  i also love anything that falls under the category of "creepy cute".
more ideas on my wists and profile....
also would love anything from or resembling things from my wists:
http://www.wists.com/FinRaziel

Sewists:

Madeliene mini bloomers: http://www.colettepatterns.com/blog/colette-patterns-news/free-pattern-to-download-the-madeleine-mini-bloomers

Fabric Tote bag or project bag

Plushies, creepy cute ones, zombies (ideas in my wists)

A poppet

embriodery of a unicorn (for my boyfriend who loves them)

a cute cat bed

Yarnies:

Knitted owls: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59182746/owl-and-baby-knitting-pattern-pdf-file

wool cable knit mittens

bat wristwarmers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gone-batty-simple-fair-isle-wristwarmers

raven tarot bag: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/raven-tarot-bag

Crofters cowl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crofters-cowl

handspun yarn!
Thx DesignVigilante!

over the shoe legwarmers (example)... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/over-the-shoe-womens-leg-warmers

omg this creature!!!! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/batty-2

Supplies:

any and all yarn, especially wools
attachable eyes for dolls/amigurumis
project bags
stitch markers
lace
doll parts
knitting needles (I can always use more!)
buttons

*I'll try to add more soon when i think of things, this seemed like a ton but really it isnt.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010 10:49:48 AM by FinRaziel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010 12:12:34 PM »

Im Amy, a 37 year old mom of 2 girls, ages 10 & 12.  I live in Washington State in the wet, wet, cold & wet Pacific Northwest in the USA. Did I mention it's the wet season?  Wink  We celebrate Christmas and have the added bonus of kidnapping my MIL, this year.  It will be our first Christmas spent with her.  Im not really interested in receiving items for a specific holiday, Id prefer something I can use year around.  

Ive been sewing for 30 years now and especially love quilting.  I also enjoy knitting and crochet, but am painfully slow at both.  I so admire all of you that can rock the yarnie skills.

Weve all got asthma in my home, so please if youve got critters or smoke, send things that I can wash.  Don't worry about prewashing, I can do it when they arrive.  I love most colors but dont really care for neons or pastels.  

Wist:  www.wists.com/DiscoQueenHighness
Ravelry:  www.ravelry.com/people/DiscoQueenH/favorites

A Ravelry or Wisty surprise would always be amazing.

Yarnie
Ravley favorites patterns
Beanies - they're the big fashion fad at junior high here, so I'd love some in all colors possible. Thanks sinellia!Handspun yarn (you spinners are amazing!)
This nifty yarn basket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/granny-basket
GIANT WISH Deathflake hat in black/pink - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ElsaG/deathflake-chart
Tea Cozy Hat - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tea-cozy-hat
Island wrap - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/tma/i-s-l-a-n-d-e-w-r-a-p
Slouchy hats
Jester hat something sorta like this - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/six-points
Fingerless mitts
Womens Mary Jane or Ballet type slippers size 8
Eyelet Hat - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/09-eyelet-cap
Christmas Gnome - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-gnome
Pentafold Bowl - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pentafold-felted-moebius-bowl
Cottontail Dishtowels - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cottontail-dishtowels Thanks pixieval!
Bonzai Ninja beanies - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bonzai-ninja
Cranberry Rouge scarf - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Patrice/saroyan
I would kill for a full length eyeball scarf - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/stormmoonknits/fourteen-3
Pixie hood with the cute little ties - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kittin/pixie-hood
Yarn bras/bags - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bull-city-yarn-bag (doesn't have to be this exact one, just something to keep my yarn balls from unwinding in my purse)
Scrap-Happy hat - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/cosymakes/scrap-happy-celebration-hat
Head Cozy - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/head-cozy
Owl Hat - http://www.etsy.com/transaction/35410274
Reversible Duck to Bunny - http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/2010/03/mini-reversible-duck-to-bunny-free-pattern/
Twisted loop reusable duster - http://verdigrisknits.blogspot.com/2010/05/twisted-loop-double-knit-resuable.html
Acorn or strawberry bag - http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/2008/06/little-acorn-pa.html
Felted Pan Handle Cover http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felted-pan-handle-cover
Scrappy Remnants Lapghan
Cabled or Ribbed to-go cup cozies
Hot water bottle cover
8 inch knit/crochet square with a contrasting colored simple skull in it
Some of these cubes/balls made with bits of homespun http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/out-of-yarn

Christmas gifts for my amazing MIL (please, please, please)
For my MIL - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eggstremely-cosy-set
Knit Chicken - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knit-chickens
Felted cup cozy that said "Nana's Cuppa"

Sewist
Hats - I'm planning on giving my oldest DD a box of hats for Christmas, so if you've got a great hat pattern for an adult sized head (22") that would be great.
Lunch bag like this one - http://blissfulbyquenna.blogspot.com/2008/09/tutorial-zippered-top-lunch-bags.html
Bright advent calendar like this - http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=863
Bright cheery cloth napkins like these- http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2009/06/cloth-napkin-project.html Thanks Casey1201!
Snap wallets - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187229.msg1961966;topicseen#msg1961966
Crochet hook case - http://www.etsy.com/listing/59436418/bluebrown-crochet-hook-case  Thanks goddessgarb!
Cute upcycled apron - http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/hipster-shopgirl-apron
Kanzashi hair barrets
This lunch bag - http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-lunch-bag.html
Fingerless mitts - http://elementalstitches.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/01/sewing-fingerle.html
Bright cheery birthday bunting

Embroidery  
Placemats out of any of the science patterns - http://www.etsy.com/listing/11890640/the-cell-embroidery-pattern (a single placemat is A-OK, the girls never set the table so they match anyway)
Consume less wall hanging (I could even supply the frame) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=264756.msg2973016

Supplies
Big buttons
Black/white or white/black 100% cotton fabric for quilting
Yarn needles
Bulky yarn in any color except green, yellow or orange.
long 2-inch wide strips of bright colors & black 100% cotton for jelly roll quilts
Circular knitting needles size 6 & up

Books
Mason Dixon Knitting
Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines
Any book to do with Jelly Roll Quilting
Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design & Inspiration
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010 06:11:50 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010 12:14:36 PM »

Hello.  My name is Julie.  I live in Houston TX (well, tiny town ten minutes outside of Houston but close enough?).  I am currently in graduate school studying Gifted and Talented education.  I am certified to teach High School English.  I work for IT for my university.  I have no idea how that happened either.  I am engaged to a lovely man who is living far away because hes in med school.  In my family, we celebrate non-religious Christmas, Eid (the mister) and Chinese New Years (me) but we rarely decorate for the holidays so I would prefer receiving everyday items instead of holiday items.

I have a dog at home.  His name is Loki.  Yes, he lives up to his name.  He eats everything in sight.

I love all colors but I especially like red, white and black.  My bedroom is decorated in blues and tans.  I dont care for bright orange unless it is paired with other bright colors.  I also do not care for camo or paisleys.  

You can learn a lot more about me on my profile or the following links:

http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

I will keep adding to my list as I think of things.

Things in red are my OMG I NEEDS IT OR I WILL DIEEEEEEEE list.  =)

Sewn:

- Matching pillow covers for two 20" by 20" pillows on my sisters couch in one of the following themes: Spring, Summer, Valentines, Easter, Fourth of July.  These will end up in her stocking.  Im making her a fall, winter, halloween, and christmas one but need help finishing the rest I came up with ideas for all of them and found all the fabric in my stash.  i have to make them myself now.  =/  i knew i shouldn't have gone digging in my fabric scraps....

-Quilt blocks 12 by 12 in whatever pattern, whatever colors.  Im gathering quilt blocks made by other people to put together a LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE LOVE ME! quilt.  =P

- fabric baskets in cute patterns/colors that remind you of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle similar to these as they will be hung up like these: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/07/creative-guest-hanging-storage-baskets.html

-a lunch box in adult patterns.  Pinks or purples maybe.  Like this: http://www.prudentbaby.com/2009/09/diy-fabric-lunch-bag.html

-very very sturdy dog toys, preferably with squeekers.  Loki will chew through and eat anything.  Please dont use chip bags in it, those take him all of 5 minutes to get through and then he eats the bag, which makes him sick

- a poppet whom I can make clothes for.  With purple eyes and black hair, if possible.

-finger puppets- a doctor's office set would be AWESOME!

-Embroidery for my hoopla wall. Theme ideas? alice in wonderland, nature, cutesy stuff, victorian, pretty much anything goes except for those cats in aprons which scare the everliving bejeesus out of me.  =D

- a pretty patchwork Lolita skirt in shades of pink, blue, OR blacks and whites.  (lolita skirt is basically a rectangle 3x the waist size, gathered onto a waist band.  my waist is 30 inches, hips are 36 inches.  a zipper and half-elastic waist band would be AWESOME (provides a little give in case i gain/lose weight. lol).  20 inches in length, including the waist band)

- any pretty lolita skirt in whatever colors, neutral or classic prints would be best so i can wear it to work.  i can't wear bright colored skirts to work.  see details above.  =)

Yarn:

-Jayne hat from firefly THANK YOU, DesignVigilante!

-Minion - http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html

-A pretty shawl for my mum

-A horde of octopuses in any and all colors.  We have an octopus wall at work.  They are crawling down the side of a cubicle.  There is currently only one octopus.  =/ THANK YOU SUNSPOTTED!

-Fingerless gloves in a neutral color.  My fingers get cold and I get unhappy.
THANK YOU, wonderwoman1976!

-ONE OF THESE! - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351377.msg4100155#msg4100155 THANK YOU SPOTNIK!

Supplies:

- fabric fat quarter sized or smaller.  As long as its at least 8" by 8", I want it.  Cottons are best.  dig through your scrap box!  =D

- Embroidery floss.  I need lots all the time

- Thread Heaven

-buttons.  Just plain solid color buttons in any size

-double fold bias tape.  If you make it yourself, I will LOVE you forever!  I love unique bias tape

- a nice pair of small embroidery scissors.  Ive lost mine again

-heck, if you want to send me an envelope stuffed with polyfil, Ill take it.  =P

- a 2.5 square template ruler thing for quilting. I spaced and cant remember what its called.  Heck, any sized template ruler thing for quilting would be great.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 08:45:56 AM by icebyrd67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Roast Sticky, Saucy Ribs with Curtis Stone
How to Make a Delicious Open-Faced Sandwich
Super Bowl Recipes: Halftime Feast
Crafting the Perfect Super Bowl Chicken Wing
How to Make a ‘Breakfast Club Sandwich’
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...