A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Send December 1st  (Read 7917 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2010 02:53:52 PM »

This page is for lists only! Please keep all discussion on our discussion thread! Thank you!

Swap name: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: pixieval
Co-organizer: sinellia  
Sign-up date range: Oct 19-Oct 30
Date to send item by: Dec 1

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Age requirement: 18 and up

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES *18 for this swap
- If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
This is going to be our Yarnies Vs Sewists holiday wishlist swap! You do not have to have been a member of one of our Yarnies Vs Sewists swaps before this one.  
This swap is in wish list form which means anyone can claim you to craft for, and you may send to and receive from multiple people. The difference between this swap and a lot of wishlist swaps is: You can only ask for items that can be sewn, embroidered, knitted or crocheted. Hence: Yarnies vs. Sewists!

The minimum package to each person is 2 small items, or 1 medium. Items do not have to be holiday-themed.
Small and medium refer to time/effort or price, not actual physical size of item. What qualifies as a small item?
If you don't know what a small or medium is please click here to read the Craftster official definition  

FOC can have 3 claim/wishes outstanding at a time
First Time Swappers can have 1 claim/wish outstanding at a time
All other swappers can have 2 outstanding claims/wishes at a time
*if you want to send to more you will have to wait until a package is received.
You are not required to send more than once.  It is up to you if you decide to claim more times.  Just remember your krafty kharma and have fun with it and send something that you would like to receive in return.  

No matter what date you claim, the sendout deadline for everyone is December 1.  If you send out quickly and have a claim slot open due to a package being received (or a claim slot not picked already in the first place), you may select again so in theory you can pick several times in this swap!

*Friends of Craftster may claim up to 3 people at a time. (If you don't know how to become a FOC, just ask!]][http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php]
*non FOCs who have been in 1+ other swaps previously may claim up to 2 people at a time.
*first-time swappers may claim 2 (or 3 if a FOC) at a time after their 1st package has been received.
*No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been picked.
*Claiming goes through the send-out date of December 1.   Each person can be picked as many times possible during the claiming period however I am going to not approve claims made to people who have been chosen 2 more times than they have claimed - to try and avoid a situation like someone gets picked 5 x and only sends out once  

What to post on your wishlist:
DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED.
Write a mini bio including what country you are in, your holiday preferences (i.e., celebrating Christmas, Hannukah, Eid and/or Kwanzaa, plus whether you want to receive crafted items specifically for those holidays), allergies, any aversions to animal products, and preferences in colors, themes, patterns, etc. You should also add links to your wists, etsy favorites, or amazon.com wish list(s). You can make a Top Wishes list at the top. Being a Friend of Craftster also helps because of the additional info available in your profile.
You must have at least 5 crafted(yarnie or sewist) items on your list. You can include large items in your wish list, but the majority should be small and medium items, and there should be no disappointment or grumblings if you do not receive a large itemwere aiming for smalls and mediums!

How to claim:
Browse through everyones wishlists. Make sure the "who hasn't been picked" list is clear if you want to claim someone who has already been claimed. PM organizer with "YVS claim" as the subject and who you want to claim, and what for in the body. If approved, I will send you their questionnaire. Start crafting!

Sending and Receiving:
You can send the finished package as soon as youre ready, email both the organizer, co-organizer and the person you are sending to with the DCN or picture of the receipt. Subject should be YVS Sent. Same goes for when you receive, but subject line should be YVS Recvd.

A delivery confirmation number is required for all domestic shipments. If you are shipping internationally, you must save your receipt. If shipping from the U.S. to another country, as a courtesy please share the customs form number, because it can be used for basic tracking purposes, too.
You must PM organizer when after you have sent and received.

If you want to participate, information to send to pixieval and sinellia  (please put YVS Questionnaire as the subject):

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name and mailing address including the country

Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 18 years old(YES/NO)
Have you read and understand all the rules and details?
Do you have a camera to take pictures of your presents? If not, please post this in the information section of your wishlist so your partner can take pictures before sending.
Can you list at least 5 yarnie and sewist items and/or supplies on your wishlist?
If there are clothing items on your list, what are your measurements and or size?
women-
shirt size:
bust:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

men-
shirt size:
neck:
sleeve:
waist:
hips:
inseam:
shoe:

I usually approve within the same day, so please check your PMs before the end of your day and post your list. Try to get your wish list up quickly so we can keep the swap hopping.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 06:52:23 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:11 PM »

List of approved Swappers and Claims

Swappers (How many times they've claimed, how many times they've been claimed)
pixieval (6,5)
sinellia(3,2)
DesignVigilante(3,3)
FinRaziel (2,2)
Disco Queen Highness(3,4)
icebyrd67 (2,4)
mommythemaid (3,3)
spoopy(1,2)
goddessgarb(3,2)
sugaree (2,2)
SciFunk(2,1)
sunspotted (1,1)
spotnik(3,2)
Annchen (1,1)
wonderwoman1976(3,2)
Casey1201(2,2)
sweety28303(2,2)

Claims currently Maxed out
3 Claims
pixieval 2 claim, 0 sent, 4 recvd
sinellia 3 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
DesignVigilante  1 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
FinRaziel 2 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
Disco Queen Highness 0 claim, 0 sent, 3 recvd
icebyrd67 2 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
mommythemaid 3 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
goddessgarb 1 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
SciFunk 2 claim, 1 sent, 0 recvd
Sunspotted 1 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd
spotnik  2 claims, 0 sent, 1 recvd
Annchen 1 claim, 0 sent, 0 recvd
wonderwoman1976  2 claim, 2 sent, 1 recvd
Casey1201 2 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd
sweety28303 2 claims, 0 sent, 0 recvd

2 Claims
spoopy 0 claim, 0 sent, 1 recvd

Feedback Complete
sugaree 0 claim, 0 sent, 2 recvd
pixieval
sinellia
designvigilante
finraziel
disco queen highness
 icebyrd67
spoopy
goddessgarb
 sugaree
 annchen
mommythemaid
sunspotted
scifunk
spotnik
Feedback Not Complete
wonderwoman1967

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011 06:52:24 AM by PixieVal » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:24 PM »

All claims will be listed here

Sent
Received
Sending Late with Communication
Contact us!

DesignVigilante --> icebyrd67  Jane Hat
mommythemaid --> pixieval  Double-Sided Napkins
Disco Queen Highness --> mommythemaid  Fabric Hair Rollers
pixieval --> Disco Queen Highness   Cottontail Dishtowels and a crocheted wisty surprise
spoopy -->sinellia  cat toys, and out of the ordinary yarn
sinellia --> DesignVigilante  dog clothes
DesignVigilante --> FinRaziel   handspun yarn
icebyrd67 --> spoopy   snack bags
goddessgarb --> DesignVigilante   sleep mask and checkbook cover
pixieval --> goddessgarb  fingerless gloves
icebyrd67 --> sugaree woodland creature Christmas ornaments
FinRaziel --> spoopy   dragon amigurumi
sugaree --> pixieval   knitted 3x3 squares
sinellia --> pixieval    embroidery
goddessgarb --> Disco Queen Highness   crochet hook case
Disco Queen Highness --> sinellia   pouch for her ton o' knitting needles.  
MommyTheMaid --> SciFunk winter and thanksgiving napkins
sunspotted --> icebyrd67  A horde of octopuses in any and all colors.
DesignVigilante --> sunspotted ponytail hat
spotnik --> icebyrd67  slouchy hat
Disco Queen Highness --> goddessgarb  draft dodger and wisty surprise
goddessgarb  --> pixieval  I Believe Felt Poster
Annchen --> spotnik  Wrist Warmers
sugaree -->spotnik  coffee mug sleeve
spotnik --> sugaree for a slouchy hat
wonderwoman1967 --> Annchen for cloth pads
wonderwoman1967 --> icebyrd67 for fingerless gloves and embroidery floss
wonderwoman1976 --> FinRaziel for yarn and stitch markers
pixieval --> wonderwoman1976 for crocheted jewelry!
SciFunk --> MommyTheMaid  Crochet books from her wist
mommythemaid --> DesignVigilante for ipod and laptop case
FinRaziel --> sweety28303 for a hello kitty amigurumi
sweety28303 to sugaree for a infinity scarf
Casey1201 --> Disco Queen Highness for bright cheery cloth napkins
sweety28303 --> Casey1201 Casey1201 for a wist inspired beanie with bow
spotnik --> pixieval 3x3 squares
SciFunk --> Casey1201 for scrapbooking stuff
Casey1201 --> wonderwoman1976 for fabric bookmarks based on her flickr favs
pixieval to sweety28303 for yarn
pixieval to designvigilante for ravelry patterns
pixieval to mommythemaid for ravelry patterns
sinellia  to Disco Queen Highness for a beanie!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010 10:18:38 AM by PixieVal » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010 02:54:38 PM »

just in case
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010 02:59:48 PM »

Will add more items as I think of them!
I am almost 29 years old(on the 27 of this month!), married to a great Air Force guy, and have a beautiful daughter named Lily-Anne who is my world. She will be 3 in January. We live in Minot, ND USA with our 2 dogs Sammy and Charlotte. You can see a picture of them on my profile page. I love to crochet, am getting better at sewing, and have tried knitting a couple of times( and failed!). We celebrate Christmas, though not the religious part of it, but rather the family part of it. It snows a lot here, and most of the time it is under 15 degrees in the winter! Im hoping to help fulfill some of the gaps in my Christmas crafting! I would really love to get something for my best friend, she is a female boxer, a mother, works for Easter Seals, goes to school full-time has a toddler. She is my hero. I would love to get anything you can think of in a female boxer theme.
I am allergic to nickel based earrings
I love all colors, though am not a fan of clothing that is predominately pepmo bismo pink. I am a hippie and a computer nerd, and my favorite hobby besides crafting is reading. I love urban fantasy books.
I dont like: day of the dead, mustaches,  extremely gory
Wists: www.wists.com/pixieval I have tags on my wist for crochet, knit, embroidery, and sewn too!
Themes: patchwork(probably favorite theme ever!), children, polka dots, lots of color, hippie, vintage,
I love it when people use reclaimed items in my gifts! Anything on my list (except for the panty liners please) would be loved even if you use reclaimed yarn or fabric!

Knit/Crochet
3x3 inch squares- any design any colors- for a patchwork Craftster Afghan- Would love to get this from lots of different Craftsters!
Slouchy hats
Dr Who Scarf
Guords or pumpkins amis
Marilyn Monroe ami
Teaset ami
adult's candy corn hat
Jane Hat(from Firefly)
Women's slippers- sizes 9, 9 1/2, 11, 7 1/2, 8 1/2
Bella Mittens

Sewist Items
Fabric basket- lighthouse theme(I have the fabric for this, just not the patience! I will send you how much fabric you need for this claim! lol)
rag fabric bowls
Reusable produce bags
Fabric ATCs
Patchwork Scarf
Toddler Busy Book
Fabric yo-yos
Lap quilt- Christmas themed- pathwork and rag quilts are awesome!
Art Quilt- even teenie tiny ones are awesome! I know a lot of work can go into these!
This X-Files felt Wall hanging http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/I_Want_to_Believe_poster_1.JPG Thank you goddessgarb!
Clothes for my poppet
Double-Sided Cloth Napkins- Christmas, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Winter, Fall, Spring, Summer
deep fabric basket for crochet projects- doesn't need to be super wide, just deep
Backpack for my daughter that looks like Dora's backpack
panty liners
patchwork fingerless gloves
baggy nightgowns- I love the big t-shirt feeling nightgowns!
recyled from old wool clothing in patchwork theme- hats, scarves, arm warmers, pj pants,
across the chest purse
Pillow Case for a body pillow- preferably with a zipper on one end

Embroidery
embroidered handerchiefs- especially for men
Embroidery to hang on my wall- http://www.wists.com/pixieval/embroidery(just some examples, but I love embroidery so much, I'll love whatever you take the time to make for me!)
embroidered sweatshirts- seriously any theme you can think of, except for those on my don't like list.

Yarnies or Sewist
Dolls, plushies, amis, poppets, etc- themes- Dora, Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears, How to Train a Dragon, Ballerinas, Tinkerbelle, Marilyn Monroe(for my sil), a female boxer, Mickey Mouse characters, unicorn, Sully from Monsters Inc(my dd is so obsessed with him, and I can't find any kind of stuffed animals)
South Carolina GameCocks themed Stocking
Christmas Ornaments
bookmarks

Supplies Pre-loved supplies are always appreciated!
Acorn Caps- I want to make felted acorns, but we don't have the right trees up here!
handspun/dyed yarn- drool!!!!
Old itchy wool yarn, wool scraps(for making wool dryer balls)
Cotton yarn
Quilting cottons- childrens themes
t-shirt yarn
Cool scraps of fabrics that I can put in embroidery hoops to hang up
Craft books http://www.wists.com/pixieval/book
buttons
twill tape(can be found with bias tape)
embroidery hoops(any size for my wall, thrift stores or old ones you don't need)
pom-pom maker- super need!!
styrofoam heads for displaying hats I've made
Wool for needle felting
yarn trainer
N crochet hooks- I am always loosing my N hooks because there is not a spot for them in my hook case!
your old issues of Sew Simple or Crochet Magazines

Extras
Shotglasses from your hometown/state/local attraction
ATC of your Craftster User name!
recipes- few ingredients/short cook time
postcards from your hometown/state/local attraction- something written on the back!
a penpalish type letter- I soooo want an old fashioned snail mail penpal

Thank you so much for claiming me!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010 07:20:06 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010 04:48:26 PM »

Hello! My name's Diana and I'm from southern California.
I live with my husband whom i recently married (Sept. 5th, 2008), my chihuahua mixed dog, Georgie and the newest addition to our family, my rat terrier dog Sophie. I'm a part time domestic goddess, but a full time art geek. I go to a local community college and am a Graphic Design major.
I am primarily a yarnie in craft (knit/crochet/spin). We do celebrate Christmas in this household, but mostly the family and cartoony side of it (food/cooking, family gathering, Charlie Brown Christmas, A Muppets Christmas Carol, etc.).
My favorite color scheme is pink-black-white. My favorite colors in order are pink, red, seafoam green, electric blue, and red-violet. I love polka dots, circles, argyle, and plaid. I also currently have an obsession with zebra stripes. I also love leopard print but in unnatural colors (I really dont like the orangey yellow and black spot). I have more info and links to my wist, facebook, etc on my profile.

For my boy dog, I love to see him in primary colors and anything you would typically associate with a little boy (like race cars, rocket ships, etc). He's typically a size "Small", but if you need any measurements I have them around here somewhere. He loves rope toys, plushies, and any treats that look and smell like something you would eat yourself.

For my girl dog, I kind of like to dress her like i would dress myself lol lots of pink, black, white, red, and purple. Lots of patterns esp. stripes, zebra print and leopard print.

For my hubby, his favorite color combination is blue-black-white. He prefers solid colors, stripes, and minimal designs.

Allergy note: I have a wool sensitivity, mostly around sensitive areas like my neck and my forehead. I have extremely sensitive skin, so no soaps or lotions with a lot of chemicals/artificial ingredients. Hypoallergenic, home made, or organic skin products only. My hubby is allergic to cat hair, so please wash anything that might be in contact with a cat.

My favorite scents are Vanilla, Strawberry, and Citrus.

My Wishlist: http://www.kaboodle.com/designvigilante

Must haves = Red text

Sewn Crafts:

*An ipod sock/case similar to this but not necessarily in the same colors/fabrics http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/iphone-ipod-case-carousel-handmade-vintage-fabric-isockit-deluxe?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnDAA&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com
 Thanks Mommythemaid!
*A laptop sock/case similar to this not necessarily in the same colors/fabrics for my 10" hp mini netbook http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/macbook-pro-case-domino-handmade-vintage-fabric-isockit?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAYnC-Q&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com
Thanks Mommythemaid!

*A sock/case similar to the one above but for my wacom tablet (7.4 x 7.9 x 0.5 inches) with a pouch in front to keep the usb cord and pen

*Easy Breezy Wrap Pants for either my husband or myself in light weight fabrics. Blues/black/white for my hubby, pink/red/purple/black/white for me. http://laupre.wordpress.com/2008/06/29/easy-breezy-wrap-pants-tutorial/

*Sleeping Mask! Something dark, cute, and functional! Thanks goddessgarb!

*A book cover/pillow like this one http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/reading-set-book-cover-and-pillow?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAXTYVw&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com

*A Bowling Bag style weekender bag in a cute fabric (I visit my mom several times a month and actually spend the weekend there, so i am in need of a good weekender bag)

*Clothes for either of my dogs (can be knitted, crocheted, sewn, bought, etc. I have exact measurements if you choose this) Thanks sinellia!

*Set of 3 to 5 cloth menstrual pads with metal or velcro snaps in dark colors (tut: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0)

*A lap or throw sized quilt in pink, black, and white.
*hip bag/modern fanny pack (not necessarily in these prints/colors, example of style)  http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/hip-bag-festival-denim?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAhbWQg&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com   http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/pale-blue-and-pink-paisley-hip-pouch-fanny-pack?refItemId=AAAAAZlH-hkAAAAAAhdN7w&fromStoreDomain=etsy.com    http://www.etsy.com/listing/48407610/traveler-in-zebra-made-to-order?ref=sr_list_11&ga_search_query=fanny+pack&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=2&includes[0]=tags&includes[1]=title

*bicycle basket liner http://www.etsy.com/listing/49007336/bicycle-basket-liner-and-tote

*circle/patchwork skirt with stretchy yoga style waist band

*a big busted poppet resembling me (pink hair and all lol)

*An oversized stylish tote for carrying large projects or for the gym  http://www.etsy.com/listing/49426810/bella-tote-in-denim or http://www.etsy.com/listing/44210511/weekend-bag-black-tiger

*check book cover http://www.etsy.com/listing/55847665/cranberry-sparrow-handmade-checkbook
Thanks goddessgarb!

*Project bag like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/46847702/super-nifty-knitting-crochet-project-bag or this http://www.etsy.com/listing/41606753/project-box-bag-tote-organizer-large

Yarnie Crafts:

*long knitted or crocheted scarf with pockets on both ends

*crocheted Juliana wrap kerchief http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/juliana-wrap

*knit cap-a-chino leg warmers (or something similar, or the pattern would be great too lol) http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cap-a-chinos-legwarmers--adult-sizes

*Knitted "I heart pom poms" hat in black with pink accents http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/i-heart-pompoms

*Clothes for either of my dogs (can be knitted, crocheted, sewn, bought, etc. I have exact measurements if you choose this)

*Daisy Stitch Hat (preferably in netural colors, like black and gray) Knit Pattern

Supplies

Scissors, any size (im constantly losing my scissors no matter how many i get so i always need some)
Crochet hooks (used are perfectly ok with me)
Tunisian aka Afghan Hooks (the extremely long crochet hooks)
Any sort of Acrylic yarn like Vanna's Choice (any colors or styles)
Cotton yarn (any colors)
Wool yarn (any colors)
fiber for spinning (in batts or roving)
a ball winder (used/well loved is always ok with me!)
Lightweight fabric to make the Easy Breezy Wrap Pants (at least 2 yards)
dyes for dying yarn/fiber
new or used spindle (top whorl or mid whorl please)
Soak http://www.eatsleepknit.com/cshop/product/SOAK-4-Oz-Bottles/179/

---->Books!
Knitting Rules!
Knit.101
Mason Dixon Knitting
Custom Knits
Toe Up 2-at-a-Time Socks
A Fine Fleece, Knitting with Handspun Yarns
Pattern wishlist on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/people/DesignVigilante/queue?wishlist=true
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 09:21:31 PM by DesignVigilante » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
gingerpeachy

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010 08:19:47 PM »

Will add more items as I think of them!

Hi, I'm Ginger!  I'm 28 years old.  I usually spend most of my free time crafting.  Embroidery and crocheting are my two new favourite crafts!  I'm also an avid knitter, but not so great at machine-sewing.

I love dark purple/plum, green and teal, light blue...I wear mostly dark purple, black, and grey.  I love corduroy fabric, and velvet.
I dont like: extreme gore, cutesy stuff, pink, yellow, and orange...neon bright stuff, frilly girly...
Wists: www.wists.com/sinellia
Etsy favorites: (I use this more often) http://www.etsy.com/people/gingery/favorites
Themes: vintage, retro, steampunk

items in red are must haves!

Knit/Crochet
cowl (like crofter's cowl!)
dog sweater
cat toys Thanks Spoopy!
shrug
knitted socks! (I've never succeeded in making myself a pair)
knitted mary janes in black, dark gray, or dark purple
A fancy afghan (I lost the one my gram made for me as a baby Sad  )

Sewist Items
sewing basket for my embroidery stuff - retro theme
embroidery hoopla to hang around my house
patchwork skirt
knee length skirt with vintage/retro fabric

shawl/shrug
dog collars (my doxie mix is a boy, my lab/boxer is a girl...I can send measurements)
a pouch to put my knitting needles in (I have a TON) Thanks Disco Queen Highness!
handbags
empire waist shirt/shift with pockets
slip cover for my kitchenaid mixer (its a classic model...picked it up at a fleamarket for cheap, fugly tan color but works like a champ!) with vintage/retro fabric

Supplies
Needle felting wool
any type of out of the ordinary yarn
iron on embroidery patterns
whimsies
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010 11:45:29 AM by sinellia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
FinRaziel
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010 09:17:17 AM »

my name is courtney. im 26 and live in chicago, though im from michigan. i live with my boyfriend and our two cats. i think my black cat hester is perfect.  i work an office job and spend all day looking forward to coming home at night to craft (knit, crochet and aimgurumi)
i do celebrate xmas, but not in a traditional religious manner. i do like xmas elves a lot though, and am not opposed to xmas decor.  
colors i like are black, earthy and dark greens, and purples. not a fan of very bright colors. i seem to lean towards kinda dark and gothy looking things, or fantasy inspired stuff. i like victorian stuff too.  i also love anything that falls under the category of "creepy cute".
more ideas on my wists and profile....
also would love anything from or resembling things from my wists:
http://www.wists.com/FinRaziel

Sewists:

Madeliene mini bloomers: http://www.colettepatterns.com/blog/colette-patterns-news/free-pattern-to-download-the-madeleine-mini-bloomers

Fabric Tote bag or project bag

Plushies, creepy cute ones, zombies (ideas in my wists)

A poppet

embriodery of a unicorn (for my boyfriend who loves them)

a cute cat bed

Yarnies:

Knitted owls: http://www.etsy.com/listing/59182746/owl-and-baby-knitting-pattern-pdf-file

wool cable knit mittens

bat wristwarmers: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/gone-batty-simple-fair-isle-wristwarmers

raven tarot bag: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/raven-tarot-bag

Crofters cowl: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crofters-cowl

handspun yarn!
Thx DesignVigilante!

over the shoe legwarmers (example)... http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/over-the-shoe-womens-leg-warmers

omg this creature!!!! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/batty-2

Supplies:

any and all yarn, especially wools
attachable eyes for dolls/amigurumis
project bags
stitch markers
lace
doll parts
knitting needles (I can always use more!)
buttons

*I'll try to add more soon when i think of things, this seemed like a ton but really it isnt.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010 10:49:48 AM by FinRaziel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

make a friend swap: planning/crafting
one tiny stuffie round 5: crafting!

15/50 projects in 2011: link

wists.com/FinRaziel
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010 12:12:34 PM »

Im Amy, a 37 year old mom of 2 girls, ages 10 & 12.  I live in Washington State in the wet, wet, cold & wet Pacific Northwest in the USA. Did I mention it's the wet season?  Wink  We celebrate Christmas and have the added bonus of kidnapping my MIL, this year.  It will be our first Christmas spent with her.  Im not really interested in receiving items for a specific holiday, Id prefer something I can use year around.  

Ive been sewing for 30 years now and especially love quilting.  I also enjoy knitting and crochet, but am painfully slow at both.  I so admire all of you that can rock the yarnie skills.

Weve all got asthma in my home, so please if youve got critters or smoke, send things that I can wash.  Don't worry about prewashing, I can do it when they arrive.  I love most colors but dont really care for neons or pastels.  

Wist:  www.wists.com/DiscoQueenHighness
Ravelry:  www.ravelry.com/people/DiscoQueenH/favorites

A Ravelry or Wisty surprise would always be amazing.

Yarnie
Ravley favorites patterns
Beanies - they're the big fashion fad at junior high here, so I'd love some in all colors possible. Thanks sinellia!Handspun yarn (you spinners are amazing!)
This nifty yarn basket http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/granny-basket
GIANT WISH Deathflake hat in black/pink - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ElsaG/deathflake-chart
Tea Cozy Hat - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/tea-cozy-hat
Island wrap - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/tma/i-s-l-a-n-d-e-w-r-a-p
Slouchy hats
Jester hat something sorta like this - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/six-points
Fingerless mitts
Womens Mary Jane or Ballet type slippers size 8
Eyelet Hat - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/09-eyelet-cap
Christmas Gnome - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/christmas-gnome
Pentafold Bowl - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pentafold-felted-moebius-bowl
Cottontail Dishtowels - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cottontail-dishtowels Thanks pixieval!
Bonzai Ninja beanies - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bonzai-ninja
Cranberry Rouge scarf - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Patrice/saroyan
I would kill for a full length eyeball scarf - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/stormmoonknits/fourteen-3
Pixie hood with the cute little ties - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kittin/pixie-hood
Yarn bras/bags - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bull-city-yarn-bag (doesn't have to be this exact one, just something to keep my yarn balls from unwinding in my purse)
Scrap-Happy hat - http://www.ravelry.com/projects/cosymakes/scrap-happy-celebration-hat
Head Cozy - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/head-cozy
Owl Hat - http://www.etsy.com/transaction/35410274
Reversible Duck to Bunny - http://www.spudandchloe.com/blog/2010/03/mini-reversible-duck-to-bunny-free-pattern/
Twisted loop reusable duster - http://verdigrisknits.blogspot.com/2010/05/twisted-loop-double-knit-resuable.html
Acorn or strawberry bag - http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/2008/06/little-acorn-pa.html
Felted Pan Handle Cover http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/felted-pan-handle-cover
Scrappy Remnants Lapghan
Cabled or Ribbed to-go cup cozies
Hot water bottle cover
8 inch knit/crochet square with a contrasting colored simple skull in it
Some of these cubes/balls made with bits of homespun http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/out-of-yarn

Christmas gifts for my amazing MIL (please, please, please)
For my MIL - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/eggstremely-cosy-set
Knit Chicken - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/knit-chickens
Felted cup cozy that said "Nana's Cuppa"

Sewist
Hats - I'm planning on giving my oldest DD a box of hats for Christmas, so if you've got a great hat pattern for an adult sized head (22") that would be great.
Lunch bag like this one - http://blissfulbyquenna.blogspot.com/2008/09/tutorial-zippered-top-lunch-bags.html
Bright advent calendar like this - http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=863
Bright cheery cloth napkins like these- http://chezbeeperbebe.blogspot.com/2009/06/cloth-napkin-project.html Thanks Casey1201!
Snap wallets - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=187229.msg1961966;topicseen#msg1961966
Crochet hook case - http://www.etsy.com/listing/59436418/bluebrown-crochet-hook-case  Thanks goddessgarb!
Cute upcycled apron - http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/hipster-shopgirl-apron
Kanzashi hair barrets
This lunch bag - http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-lunch-bag.html
Fingerless mitts - http://elementalstitches.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/01/sewing-fingerle.html
Bright cheery birthday bunting

Embroidery  
Placemats out of any of the science patterns - http://www.etsy.com/listing/11890640/the-cell-embroidery-pattern (a single placemat is A-OK, the girls never set the table so they match anyway)
Consume less wall hanging (I could even supply the frame) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=264756.msg2973016

Supplies
Big buttons
Black/white or white/black 100% cotton fabric for quilting
Yarn needles
Bulky yarn in any color except green, yellow or orange.
long 2-inch wide strips of bright colors & black 100% cotton for jelly roll quilts
Circular knitting needles size 6 & up

Books
Mason Dixon Knitting
Mason Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines
Any book to do with Jelly Roll Quilting
Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design & Inspiration
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010 06:11:50 PM by Disco Queen Highness » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
icebyrd67
hello beautiful world!

Where is the pony doctor?!

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010 12:14:36 PM »

Hello.  My name is Julie.  I live in Houston TX (well, tiny town ten minutes outside of Houston but close enough?).  I am currently in graduate school studying Gifted and Talented education.  I am certified to teach High School English.  I work for IT for my university.  I have no idea how that happened either.  I am engaged to a lovely man who is living far away because hes in med school.  In my family, we celebrate non-religious Christmas, Eid (the mister) and Chinese New Years (me) but we rarely decorate for the holidays so I would prefer receiving everyday items instead of holiday items.

I have a dog at home.  His name is Loki.  Yes, he lives up to his name.  He eats everything in sight.

I love all colors but I especially like red, white and black.  My bedroom is decorated in blues and tans.  I dont care for bright orange unless it is paired with other bright colors.  I also do not care for camo or paisleys.  

You can learn a lot more about me on my profile or the following links:

http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

I will keep adding to my list as I think of things.

Things in red are my OMG I NEEDS IT OR I WILL DIEEEEEEEE list.  =)

Sewn:

- Matching pillow covers for two 20" by 20" pillows on my sisters couch in one of the following themes: Spring, Summer, Valentines, Easter, Fourth of July.  These will end up in her stocking.  Im making her a fall, winter, halloween, and christmas one but need help finishing the rest I came up with ideas for all of them and found all the fabric in my stash.  i have to make them myself now.  =/  i knew i shouldn't have gone digging in my fabric scraps....

-Quilt blocks 12 by 12 in whatever pattern, whatever colors.  Im gathering quilt blocks made by other people to put together a LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE LOVE ME! quilt.  =P

- fabric baskets in cute patterns/colors that remind you of The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle similar to these as they will be hung up like these: http://www.u-createcrafts.com/2010/07/creative-guest-hanging-storage-baskets.html

-a lunch box in adult patterns.  Pinks or purples maybe.  Like this: http://www.prudentbaby.com/2009/09/diy-fabric-lunch-bag.html

-very very sturdy dog toys, preferably with squeekers.  Loki will chew through and eat anything.  Please dont use chip bags in it, those take him all of 5 minutes to get through and then he eats the bag, which makes him sick

- a poppet whom I can make clothes for.  With purple eyes and black hair, if possible.

-finger puppets- a doctor's office set would be AWESOME!

-Embroidery for my hoopla wall. Theme ideas? alice in wonderland, nature, cutesy stuff, victorian, pretty much anything goes except for those cats in aprons which scare the everliving bejeesus out of me.  =D

- a pretty patchwork Lolita skirt in shades of pink, blue, OR blacks and whites.  (lolita skirt is basically a rectangle 3x the waist size, gathered onto a waist band.  my waist is 30 inches, hips are 36 inches.  a zipper and half-elastic waist band would be AWESOME (provides a little give in case i gain/lose weight. lol).  20 inches in length, including the waist band)

- any pretty lolita skirt in whatever colors, neutral or classic prints would be best so i can wear it to work.  i can't wear bright colored skirts to work.  see details above.  =)

Yarn:

-Jayne hat from firefly THANK YOU, DesignVigilante!

-Minion - http://wolfdreamer-oth.blogspot.com/2010/07/despicable-minion.html

-A pretty shawl for my mum

-A horde of octopuses in any and all colors.  We have an octopus wall at work.  They are crawling down the side of a cubicle.  There is currently only one octopus.  =/ THANK YOU SUNSPOTTED!

-Fingerless gloves in a neutral color.  My fingers get cold and I get unhappy.
THANK YOU, wonderwoman1976!

-ONE OF THESE! - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351377.msg4100155#msg4100155 THANK YOU SPOTNIK!

Supplies:

- fabric fat quarter sized or smaller.  As long as its at least 8" by 8", I want it.  Cottons are best.  dig through your scrap box!  =D

- Embroidery floss.  I need lots all the time

- Thread Heaven

-buttons.  Just plain solid color buttons in any size

-double fold bias tape.  If you make it yourself, I will LOVE you forever!  I love unique bias tape

- a nice pair of small embroidery scissors.  Ive lost mine again

-heck, if you want to send me an envelope stuffed with polyfil, Ill take it.  =P

- a 2.5 square template ruler thing for quilting. I spaced and cant remember what its called.  Heck, any sized template ruler thing for quilting would be great.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 08:45:56 AM by icebyrd67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want to learn all about me? http://icebyrd67.livejournal.com/
http://www.wists.com/icebyrd67

looking for personal swaps - i need decorative table numbers for my wedding. want to have a place in my wedding? More details in my profile. PM me!
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2010 01:16:08 PM »

My name is Lissa and I live in Colorado with my 3 kiddos and my husband.  I am a mix of rockabilly, goth, 50s housewife, and hippy and refuse to compromise that for anyone.  I love cupcakes, skulls, and the colors black and pink.  I am not a fan of floral prints, Day of the Dead, large geometric shapes, or celestial themes.   We have severe smoke and incense allergies in my house so please do not claim for items that absorb smoke if you do smoke.  

Yarnie
*Knit Bat http://wists.com/MommytheMaid/82bd804679cb1db106810c5def124ec0?offset=0  I would love to collect enough to make a garland with them. All colors welcome.
* Mrrrphmrrf Cowl in black -  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mrrrphmrrf-cowl
*knit hat for my 2 year old son (20 head) beanie with skulls or Batman, dead fish hat http://www.ravelry.com/projects/coffeebra/fish-hat-dead-or-alive would love black, white and grey combo or plain grey or blue,  Shark Hat http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/ea19792fd62f6c473a048cb107ace5f9?offset=260 , Jayne Cobb hat, or a Mohawk hat.
* vehicle ami (knit or crochet) would love a fire truck, construction equipment, cars, etc.,
*knit hat with skulls across the brim for me -22
*black tape measure scarf http://www.wists.com/MommytheMaid/edb0a97acf21407c97606ac16d45ae6e?offset=280
*Bunny slippers for me 9.5 would love a black pair with maybe xs for dead eyes, or DD1 - 8.5 she would love blue or bright green, or for DD2 6.5 she would love pink or purple. Real eyes for the girls please Wink
*Phineas and/or Ferb Ami's
 *crochet Christmas lights http://www.wists.com/e458b065b473206e5ff2d45a6966aed5?q=christmas&offset=0
*knit Trogdor http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/trogdor
*pink knit legwarmers for 5 year old girl  
*knit or crochet plain black short arm warmers for me (it will match a scarf I already have) Just long enough to cover my wrists
*pink fingerless gloves for 5 year old - without the individual fingers -
* warm mittens for 2 year old boy
*crochet headband bow http://www.wists.com/d23eeff0cfd440bc25f6fec11f46320c?q=bow&offset=0 - would love one black, light pink, purple, or red
*knit dishcloths with cupcakes, skulls, turtles, or other things you think I would like
*Tapey! http://www.wists.com/aa26a6989b4d7b33c7445c9cd42f062c?q=crochet&offset=20
- Starlite ami http://wists.com/twimoon/2a032133043931c777fa7bdf72d17709
- Rainbow Brite ami http://wists.com/twimoon/9ac6b4f3168a8e423de1702899f67d27
- any of these Alice amis http://www.etsy.com/listing/59839476/alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-white

Sewists
*fabric hair rollers   Thank you Disco Queen!!
*vintage style full apron lots of examples on my wists
* Fabric place mats would love appliqus of plate, cup, and utensils for the kiddies to know how to set the table, or any sort of fun print you think we would like to have. Would really prefer 100% cotton fabric and no batting (but maybe some interfacing) in the middle.  No need  to match.
*felt Drs kit http://www.wists.com/fef93194bb20ab494e7977137ffa735c?q=felt&offset=0
*fleece covers for Swiffer Duster 360
*serger cover - any fabric you think I would like
*pants for my son - red or blue plaid (think more punk, less lumberjack), denim cargo, dark colored corduroy cargo, black and white checkered, or camo (any camo but pink)
*pincushion- would love a turtle or voodoo doll shaped one
*Christmas Advent Calendar http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=863 Does not need to be just like this one, just something with pockets that I can fill with treats
*Madeliene mini bloomers: http://www.colettepatterns.com/blog/colette-patterns-news/free-pattern-to-download-the-madeleine-mini-bloomers size large.  Would love an all black cotton pair, or a fun flannel print for jammies
*cute and comfortable sleep mask
*cloth pads - I need them to be the longer style

Embroidered
*embroidered flour sack towels - I love the large ones at Wal-mart cut in half.  I can finish the raw edge when it gets here if needed.  I would love pin ups, turtles, cupcakes, or skulls (non DoD though please)
*sassy saying cross stitch for my craft room - would prefer no curse words
* funky hoopla for my craft room in a theme you think I would like

Supplies
*Light skin colored alova suede or similar
*Birdseye cloth (diaper cotton)
*1930s reproduction FQs
*good quality white thread spools
* 7 yards double fold bias tape in black, light pink, or white
*black and any color striped jersey or sweatshirt material
*Halloween Clearance shirts to recon would love the ones that are more everyday and dont have Halloween sayings, jack-o-lanterns, candy corns etc.,
*any kind of fabric with skulls on it
*any 100% cotton with gingerbread men
*hand spun yarn
*snap pliers for resin snaps
*bias tape maker - any size of the pully things would awesome
*Books-Crobots , Amigurmi World Thank you SciFunk!
*Wish list Patterns on Ravelry http://www.ravelry.com/people/MommytheMaid/queue?wishlist=true
*Alice patterns - http://www.etsy.com/listing/59839476/alice-in-wonderland-mad-hatter-white
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010 08:20:58 PM by MommyTheMaid » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spoopy
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010 03:42:07 PM »

Hi I'm Caitlin, and I'm from New Brunswick Canada. Craft-wise I crochet and do a little sewing and polymer clay. I finished University and am going to volunteer in Australia for 6 months this coming january (the 6 months of no swapping will be brutal! Tongue ). Right now I work at a pet food store. I celebrate christmas

My favorite colors are blue, green, purple (dark), grey, crimson/wine reds and brown. I love the color combination of darker brown with a robin egg blue, brighter green or jewel tone purple. I love tree/leave/cherry blossom themed things. I also love the ocean and many animals like whales, cats, birds, dragons.

My wist http://www.wists.com/spoopy

red are the I really would like this items

I'll keep adding to this list as I think of things and as creeping on other lists inspire me Wink

sewists

lunch bag (one that is like a velcro fabric sack then a box shape)

messenger style bag that I can use when I travel (with pockets, but not super large since I'm pretty short, no need for laptops to fit in it or anything that large.)

stuffie (dragon, whale, tree, bird, cat)

wall art (fabric or embroidery)

snack bags thanks icebyrd67!

little travel pillow

crochet/knit

bandana or wider headband

knitted cable hat

mittens

mary jane slippers (size 8 )

dragon amigurumi thanks FinRaziel!!

supplies

fabric

interfacing

wool yarn

tunsian/afghan crochet hook

« Last Edit: October 21, 2010 03:18:20 PM by Spoopy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010 06:18:28 PM »

Hi there!

My name is Satina, and I am partner to another woman, and we have a 12 yr old nonverbal autistic daughter that lives with us, and a 14 yr old son that lives with his dad.  Oh, and a part-Russian blue kitten that, strangely and wonderfully, does NOT shed.  We live in Boise, Idaho (USA), but are going back to Oregon, where we left our hearts, next year.   I don't knit or crochet, but I love to sew accessories like wallets, organizers, headbands, sleep masks, book covers, etc.!  I love all natural fabrics such as cotton, linen, flannel, hemp, tencel, cotton corduroy, bamboo, cotton velvets, thrifted leather, silk, denim, twill, canvas, cotton duck.  We observe Christmas, The Solstice, and Imbolc (mid-January).

I am a hippie at heart, and I'm also all about the black Leather/bondage/bdsm look.  More butch than femme, so no lace and ruffles, but yes to studs, rivets, and lacings.  I love black and paisley and modern bright novelty fabrics which I collect to make all my accessories with.  I like silver, not gold.  I am not country or girly.  I'm more goth-cute or rockstar?  I love thrifted denim, and I especially love it with black leather and silver accessories.  I love *anything* handcuff themed.

What I am wishing for... (biggest wishes prefaced by ***)

Yarnies:

Poncho, crocheted or knitted.  Black, brown, blues, purples.  I like LONG fringe, too.  Like a foot long.  See my wist!  

Crocheted long vest.

Fingerless knuck gloves in above colors (see wist).

Crocheted snowflakes in blues:  http://www.wists.com/goddessgarb/9e4dace5f6b2dedd12ef4081e0756698?offset=0

Scarf that looks like a chain, in the thickest yarn possible, in blues, grays, black:  http://www.wists.com/goddessgarb/56744fd6c8609dff89828653c7f31faa?offset=20

Eye of Horus scarf:  http://www.wists.com/goddessgarb/43760efa3d97df72945f2183ef865116?offset=20

Scarf for 12 year old.  She's hippie-girlie-bright pink.  Flower themed, with bright pink, lime green and black and white would be awesome.

felted dryer balls!

Sewists:

Sewn or fiberworked or embroidered wall art in the colors of dusty blue, browns and cream.

X-Files Poster Wall hanging like this:  http://www.wists.com/goddessgarb/0dcd60036e7c1203221378ef2a6809aa?offset=0 - I'm making myself one.  I'm impatient.  LOL!

Double-sided door draft dodger

Christmas tree skirt

BOTH Yarnies and Sewists:  

***THE BIG, ALWAYS, ONGOING WISH ***Mulder/Krycek anything.  Dolls, art, embroidery, whatever...So sweet!  This could include a rat and a fox (their nicknames) romantically paired...kissing, cuddled up, holding hands, dressed in bondage, cuffed together...surprise me!***  (contact me for details for authenticity)

Pillows in natural fiber in browns, creams, and soft blues, plain or contemporary dots, swirls, spirals, stripes or paisley design

X-Files non-shipper Christmas ornaments

Supplies:

***100% cotton sheets, old or new, any color, size, or pattern.

70's patterned fabric with my colors  (psychedelic, swirly, paisley, etc.)

Fabric off my wist

Books off my wist, or your favorite crafting books

Snap setter that you have tried and know works!  I got the blue one from Joann's and dritz snaps they did NOT.

Grommet setter, same as above, and grommets, small sizes.

Zippers and buttons and snaps and velcro...fasteners of all kinds

Ribbon, especially plain black and/or white satin or primary or pastel.  I use a lot.

***Buckwheat hulls (5 lb)

Big bag of catnip for making cat toys!

Heavy interfacing, iron on

I'll add more as I think of it, I'm sure!   Smiley
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010 09:00:09 PM by goddessgarb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010 06:46:13 AM »

hi my name is kym, and i live in nj, usa with my lovely swiss boyfriend.  i love to knit cozy little somethings and do yoga in my backyard on sunny days.  i'm a peta-loving vegetarian, which means kindly please dont send me anything thats been harmful to animals in any way.  

since im a knitter, i prefer sewn goodies.   though, knitted and crocheted items are awesome as well because i rarely knit things for myself (as i suspect is the case with most crafters).

* functional items - i'd always take function over form.  what better way is there to surround yourself with art than by making everyday items small works of art in and of themselves?
    * interesting color combos such as peach + pink + grey,  red + sky blue,  sand + teal + white,  olive green + turquoise,  yellow + grey
    * colors: cream, steel grey, olive green, moss green, teal, turquoise
    * organic/natural looks - wood, nature colors, bronze/antique metals
    * woodland creatures (deer, squirrels, birds, bunnies, etc) & pandas
    * dandelions & cherry blossoms
    * hippie/indie/bohemian style, minus the tie dye and birkenstocks
    * yummy smells that are fruity or sweet like dessert
    * cupcakes

dislikes:
    * religious items
    * primary colors, bright orange, & brown unless used sparingly and/or in interesting combos with other colors
    * variegated yarn
    * gothic style
    * plaid & paisley
    * cigarette smoke
    * wool
    * glitter and sparkles
    * animal cruelty

red = i want it, i need it, i'll be your best friend if you make it

fabric:
*embellished tank
inspiration:
http://www.bonziedesigns.com/index2.php (click on "portfolio", then "tatter tees" for ideas)
http://wists.com/sugaree/f63a90d99590acb9226f23898cf4c0eb
http://wists.com/sugaree/409d388bf25f31fa0c5e0b247b53bc1c
http://wists.com/sugaree/fea8d2a8d440abf3547ea32a26613c5d

*long tiered skirt like this:
http://wists.com/sugaree/b549a29d50ad933f95ca5ba7d58ff86b

*a hippie/bohemian top
http://wists.com/sugaree/57b197a3a76ab9f0e5a065122ba1a0ec
http://wists.com/sugaree/ba6db32f4747ef24f58264dce852158e
http://wists.com/sugaree/267af855c34adbd01a10a595728b755a

*recycled tee ruffle skirt (huge bonus if you can add pockets that don't pouf out) http://wists.com/sugaree/72ac48c56dae6e8fd029141176f42a63

*big ol' birdie shoulder bag - i am in love with the fabrics and styles of these
http://www.etsy.com/listing/16124625/red-bird-shoulder-bag?ref=cat1_gallery_4
http://wists.com/sugaree/e423cfb6ff7fc0d2439c227f85e1a94b
http://wists.com/sugaree/3ea1b263bd08d3b91a08577822194e43

*stenciled tunic/babydoll dress
http://wists.com/sugaree/8aab997b51e837cbd03bbd26e836a071
http://wists.com/sugaree/52c7128aac11de06065828a39c6bc721
http://wists.com/sugaree/b348bdf1b8a080b89e6aa3c1cc99d71f
http://wists.com/sugaree/c61e8d6e1b2f14c96f8dd35f804bc062

*sewing machine cover
http://wists.com/sugaree/c97e96d5c17bd330fe6fd0ab977beb96

*poptart ipod cozy for a 30G video ipod
http://wists.com/sugaree/aca21a8c44b654dacc64a9d5cf142f9b

*dress made from a long, pretty skirt inspired by this: (color is perfect)  http://www.wists.com/sugaree/0097a106fda5198c4cd868e033a85ec5
(also, i have a black skirt like this that I could send to you if you claim me for this dress)

*panda jumper
http://wists.com/sugaree/cac203d808633ed0ef2ac22ccb4e3fb1

yarn:
*please note* - my head is abnormally small; about 19" around. please keep this in mind if you choose to make me a hat
*slouchy hat  
http://wists.com/sugaree/3dc563e2dca5f7aed5a72e4a505fb4fa - striped (grey + cream or grey + yellow)  thank you, spotnik!
http://jessicasuzanne.com/craftypants/2007/09/13/pretty-puffs-slouchy-hat-with-pattern/ - or solid in grey, cream, or olive

*lamb hat (for me, not a child, as you might assume when viewing the picture)
http://wists.com/sugaree/cabaaa886f4f17d1ed92658f39f0d4d6

*handspun loveliness - i love when it's slubby with thick and thin parts and has little added bits of fun like pearls, lace, or ribbon  - please no wool or other animals fibers if you can help it!  bamboo, soy silk, and soft acrylic are wonderful fibers.
inspiration (i love the colors in all of these examples)
http://wists.com/sugaree/d882c0716d1105e9f6b730557240d4c1
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=20904599
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21440114
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=21529722
http://wists.com/sugaree/94751bb1b401817174eedbf4d384ba68
http://wists.com/sugaree/be2a7a61cc303588a2645bc0a5c615e1

*big, unrealistic wish: knitted/crocheted mounted deer head  http://wists.com/sugaree/3b834e632b3739f2e7fdc8f27f3e4739

*retractable tape measure like this but as a panda instead of a turtle
http://wists.com/sugaree/baf64f653e48f833ede5f063d7024eab

*crochet-embellished tee
http://wists.com/sugaree/70a5677584d8f4ed13ce36a4bcacd771

*felted stone mat
http://wists.com/sugaree/ff050f7caaa737cbdd8ce79eb131007d

*infinity scarf in steel grey, teal, or cream (please use a soft yarn since it will be touching sensitive neck and face skin - no super saver acrylic please, but extra soft acrylic is ok) - thank you sweety28303!
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/stitch-dc-infinity-scarf

*flip-top mittens in steel grey, cream, or olive
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/smarter-than-the-average-mitt
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/snapdragon-flip-tops
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/urban-necessity-gloves

*diamond lace scarf
http://www.wists.com/sugaree/b370eb45c55f740a8b683fb8fbc4475b

yarnies & sewists:
*woodland creatures christmas ornaments  thanks icebyrd!!
http://wists.com/sugaree/17843ca5d3ad856d607171fefb16af97

*slouchy hat with embroidered applique
http://wists.com/sugaree/e58bdbe4d9ea1c1d4e81d9539199043c

*a hat made from a sweater - olive, cream, or grey would be beautiful
http://wists.com/sugaree/2f01e0454be2db53e03cde7ee8a9c7a4

supplies:  i am ok with used supplies; in fact i prefer it!
*a pattern for this little guy http://wists.com/sugaree/d431a9d7ed4853fefd6e8341ec34b147
*knitting needle gauge tool
*recycled sweater yarn in just about any color (I prefer blue, green, grey, white, black, but any color is fine so long as it came from a sweater)
*styrofoam or cardboard cones any and all sizes; i use these to make xmas pom pom trees Smiley
*any bits or scraps of lace in whites, creams, or muted shades of green (moss, olive, hunter, etc) that are at least 9 inches long
*i can always use knitting needles (bamboo preferred) in just about any size - double pointed needles and circulars are preferred.  if you're concerned about sending sizes i already have, just ask!
*free motion sewing foot
*pinking shears
*book - Little Birds: 26 Handmade Projects to Sew, Stitch, Quilt, & Love by C & T Publishings Design Collective
*a working iron
*freezer paper
*zippers of any kind, color, or length

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010 11:16:47 AM by sugaree » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
SciFunk
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010 08:43:19 PM »

Hello! I'm Alyssa from Massachusetts in the good 'ol US of A. I celebrate Christmas and Hannukah and winter in general. Some of my items have notes about being made for these themes. My only real aversions are to scratchy non-soft things and cigarette smoke. I have a wistish listing in my profile, and (of course!) would love anything from it.

If there isn't any extra direction on an item, it would be cool if you picked a theme from here:
Themes: chemistry, DNA, dungeons & dragons (D20!), peacocks, Victorian, tea, zombies, obnoxiously colored unicorns, awesome dragons

Super big wishes in red

Yarnies or Sewists
Oven mitts/Potholders: The material doesn't matter so much, just as long as it's oven safe and will keep my hands from getting burned.
Dog toys: Try your best to make it puppy safe, but he'll be supervised when playing with anything handmade.
Kitchen towels: Absorbent is best, as is theme-related stuff.
Some kind of clever doorstop

Yarnies
Socks made for a dude, about size 10 men's
Socks made for a chick, about size 7 women's
DNA scarf in soft yarn
Felted stone mat

Sewists
Fabric basket for puppy toys, about a cubic foot in size
Plain white handkerchiefs made out of a nice cotton or something soft, ready for embroidering
Christmas/Hannukah or wintry pajama pants, loose (but warm) with waistband measurement about 38"
Doggie bed with sides, about 3.5 feet long
Double sided napkins for Thanksgiving, set of four
Double sided Christmassy/Hanukkah/wintry napkins
Thanks MommytheMaid!

Supplies:
fiber Smiley
cotton lace
Christmassy or fall scented candles
Tea
unsalted nuts of any kind (non-peanuts are best, but I'll take peanuts too)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010 12:54:48 PM by SciFunk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sunspotted
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010 09:15:59 AM »

Hello yarn and fabric people.  Happy Holiday Wishlist Swap to you all.  My name is Allison.  I live in the middle of nowhere, Northwestern Ontario, Canada and I love it.  In a few weeks when hunting season is over and the snowbirds have all left for the year my town will be absolutely D-E-D dead and that's exactly how I like it.  I may not be a professional hermit, but I could definitely play one on television.  

Anyway, I don't really celebrate any holidays myself, but I do celebrate winter (and my family loves Christmas, so there may be some present type things on my list).  I'm a yarny type who knows how to sew in theory, but in actuality rarely succeeds in sewing endeavours.  I'm allergic to fluffy yarns like angora and mohair and I have a house full of animals all of whom are trained to STAY OFF THE YARN.  We all shed quite a bit though, but I do own stock in lint rollers so we should be safe.  I love nature, especially trees and I adore black & white things, silhouettes, geometric shapes, art deco, bright pops of colour.  I prefer functional to purely decorative and storage ideas are always appreciated.

Thanks in advance for choosing me.  I love surprises and mail surprises are absolutely the best.

Threaded

* Dog seat cover for my Jeep, any colour that goes with beige (particularly reds/rusts/oranges/browns).  I know this is a huge wish, but you never know right?  Large dogs, so sturdy fabric is necessary.  Example on my wist.
* Soft eye mask that you put in the freezer - corn or wheat would be awesome, rice smells a little funny to me.
* Quilted wall hanging.  
* Scented sachets for my closet (hanging) and my drawers (not-hanging).  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional lavender scent, so something else less floral would be fabulous.
* A fabric business card holder that snaps shut, in earthy colours please.
* Fabric scarf in almost any colour (I don't wear yellow, teal or purple).
* Bootee style slippers, nice and cozy, size 9 women.
* Body pillow cases in blues and greens - patterns or solids.
* Embroidered pillow cases - maybe some art deco designs or swirly things.  Nothing too real or anthropomorphized.  
* A small, framed embroidery, perhaps a hoop?  Blackwork would be awesome.  Or some birds.  Or trees.  Maybe some black & white birds sitting in black & white trees?  Or a silhouette of something.  Perhaps a bird?   Wink

Yarned

* Never going to say no to knit socks, any colour or scrappy collection is fine, size 9 women.
*Ponytail hat in blues/greys.  Example on my wist. -- thank you DV
* Keyhole scarf in blues/greys, soft non-itchy yarn.
* Scented sachets for my closet (hanging) and my drawers (not-hanging).  I'm not a huge fan of the traditional lavender scent, so something else less floral would be fabulous.  I saw some very cool knitted ones somewhere.
* Kitty pi.
* Slippers - any style or colour - size 9 women.

* I have a wist.  Its growing every day and I would love anything from or inspired by it!

Supplies

* Yarn I do not recognize the concept of too much yarn, it is impossible.  Who am I kidding, a box of Red Heart Super Saver and I'm in heaven.  Send me your odds and ends, I'm addicted to making scrapghans.  Fancy, fabulous yarn is wonderful too.  Handspun is divine.  Baby yarn that isn't pink (I have enough pink) is wonderful.  Theres no such thing as too much cotton (especially bright colours).  I've fallen in love with felting, so wool is fabulous, especially in blues and greens (for a kitty bed).  Id also love to try fancy types that I cant get here recycled, corn, soy, bamboo, hemp, wool blends, etc.  Especially bamboo.  I have a project in mind for my mom that requires 4x80g of a bamboo yarn - a red or jewel tone colour would be fantastic.  I hate buying online, I always get the colour wrong.  This being said, I do not recognize novelty yarn (including the evil boucle) as actual yarn.  No need to send any of that.  
* I would really love a bamboo handled G (4.5mm) and/or H (5mm) crochet hook.
* Bright blue and bright green fabric, solids or patterns.  Its for a truly patchwork quilt so smallish pieces are fine.
* Afghan patterns, especially the newer best of booklets that many yarn companies have.  The fancier, the better.
* Embroidery hoops - all sizes, preferably paintable.
* Ami safety eyes, the all black type for animals instead of people dolls.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2010 08:47:55 PM by sunspotted » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need something crocheted?  I'll swap amis, afghans, shawls or whatever for a box of yarn.  Smiley
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2010 10:01:30 PM »

Ow OW!  Quit twisting my arm, you evil evil swappers!   Wink

Ok, because I am a sucker for this type of swap, here we go!

Hi everyone!  I am Karen, from Portland, Oregon.  I am married, no kids, no pets.  The only allergies I have are to smoke and floral or other strong scents.  I do have a sensitivity to pet dander, but as long as your pet isn't sleeping on the project, it should be fine.  I have a wist listed on my profile.

We don't really celebrate Christmas or any particular Western religious holiday; I do celebrate the New Year however.  Regardless, I'd prefer to have stuff I can use year-round.

I love Japanese Cute Culture, cheese, science fiction & fantasy, renaissance faires, swimming, the ocean, and "pagan" religions.  My favorite colors are jewel tones of amethyst, emerald and sapphire.  

I dabble in several crafts, including jewelry making, metalsmithing, sewing, poly clay, painting, drawing, leatherworking and crochet.

I dislike sugar skulls, anything to do with traditional Western religions, and anything girly/lacy/flowery.

Enough about me!  On to the wishlist.  Wink

BIG wishes are in purple!

Sewists:

A craft smock in a heavyish fabric with pockets on the front.  I have a bad habit of painting and doing other messy crafts without covering up beforehand.  I have ruined several t-shirts that way.  Please message me for size/measurements.
A craft apron for use at the metals studio with a couple of large pockets on the front I'd like it to be a full length apron (covering top and to mid thigh) in some unique fabric so it cannot be mistaken for someone else's.  Again, please PM for measurements.
Tote bags I love bags.
A pouch with compartments to hold my iPhone, bluetooth headset and ear buds.
A messenger bag with a wide comfy strap that is long enough to be worn cross-body.  I am a large & tall girl, so please PM for measurements.  
A "tool roll" - like a hook or needle roll but with pockets to fit my pliers, wire cutters, etc.

Yarnies:

Wrist warmers (my craft room gets cold in the winter.) Thanks Annchen!
Socks / slippers for lounging in the house (I wear a US men's size 10)
Coffee mug sleeve Thanks sugaree!
Socks in orange and green for my sister-out-law (she wears a US men's size 10 yeah, we both have big feet)
Socks for my sister in shades of blue & purple (she wears a US women's size 9)
Some sort of knitted/crocheted animal stole.
http://www.wists.com/Spotnik/cbfbe7c86500caea75d49eed2e917499?offset=0
http://www.wists.com/Spotnik/252178cce23893b79a0673f719bc589f?offset=200

General:

Anything from / inspired by my wist
A hoodie with some sort of fun embellishment (bleaching, embroidery, whatever you think would look cool).
A moustache t-shirt like the one Kurt was wearing on Glee in the episode where his dad gets sick.

I'll add more stuff as I think of it.   Kiss  Thanks in advance for claiming me!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010 03:42:55 PM by spotnik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Annchen
Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010 07:44:20 AM »

Hello!
My name is Ann and Im a yarnie living with my fianc in a tiny town in Sweden. My main yarn craft is knitting, but I also crochet on a fairly basic level. I can sew extremely basic things but I usually let my fianc handle the sewing machine since hes much better at it. Im a pharmacist and Im currently unemployed, but hopefully that will change before this swap is over Smiley

I celebrate Christmas, but without much religion. To us its more of a family holiday when we meet those we havent seen in a while and eat good food. We might have our first Christmas at home, just the two of us this year. Im not sure if well have a tree or not, but a small one would be nice so Im all for ornaments. (I just hang them in the window if we dont have a tree). I like angels, funny gnomes and things with silver, gold or glitter. Or you can always go with a knitting theme. I really like yarn and knitting...

Im getting married in January so Im in the middle of planning and other craziness. Its not going to be a huge wedding, but I still feel waaay out of my comfort zone here. Oh, well Part of the fun I guess.

Dont pay too much attention to the yarnie/sewn headers. Feel free to craft my wishes with another craft if you want to.

Things I like: Owls, yarn, knitting pretty lace, shades of purple, bright rainbows, creepy cute, nice non-gory zombies, sushi, buttons

Things I dont want/dont like: Slippers or shoes (unless you can make orthopaedic ones where one is 1,5 cm higher than the other...), overly cutesy things, pale pastels, purely decorative items that collect dust...

Kitchen: Blue colour scheme, My craft room: Chocolate brown and teal, TV room/sitting room: Purple and shades of grey, birchwood. Hall: White walls, some bright red accents. Birchwood and grey.

Allergies: Not me, but my sister is allergic to pretty much everything furry. So any baby stuff needs to be animal hair free or washable.

Any craft
- Something wist inspired
- Ornaments for the tree
- Something you're good at doing that you think I'd enjoy Smiley

Crazy wishes
- A knitted or crocheted lacy shawl so my shoulders dont fall off from being cold at the wedding. Why did I pick a strapless dress again? Oh, right... Its very pretty... Some shade of purple would be best. Dark or medium purple is usually better than very light purples/lilacs.
- Socks, socks, socks... I like socks and I knit them for myself but it would be lovely to receive a pair. Thin or thick yarn, but not super chunky. I want to be able to wear them with my special slippers. I think Im an US 8, but I can measure more accurately if needed.

Sewn
- A wall hanging mail organiser with 3-4 pockets to organise bills and mail.

- Night time cloth pad(s). With wings if possible.
- Regular cloth pads, any style but not too bulky Thank you wonderwoman1976! (leaving these up since I can always use some more)
My night pads are 12 inches long, about 3,5 inches wide and have wings. My regular ones are about 10 inches long and about 3 inches wide folded up. The ones I have stay in place without wings (they are basically double fabric sewn together that I fold to make a pad that's 6 layers thick). So a bit of length is usually more important than wings, but I don't mind either way.

- Owly art quilt
- A car trash bag! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352363.0

- A bag or tote, either for regular shopping or some kind of project bag
- A fabric coiled bowl, perhaps in shades of purple or rainbow (they look so cool)
- Full length apron for my big man. I'll try to sneak some measurements if this is picked. He wears 3XL or 4XL t-shirts (us sizes) to give you an idea. I'd love it if it was chili or jalapeno themed.
- A heat pad (the rice filled kind, but I can fill it to save on postage). Any size, I use them for my neck, period pain or just because I'm cold.

Knitted/Crocheted
- Dish scrubbies (acrylic and other synthetics are usually better than cotton here. Really scratchy yarn is great for this)
- Fingerless gloves (knucks?) or something like this if you're a speed demon when it comes to knitting: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/podster-gloves
- Market bag (the kind with some sort of mesh texture that expands)
- Kid safe amigurumi or small stuffies for my niece. Shes 5 months old and loves to chew on things. So keep in mind that this will be slobbered all over.
- Bib with some kind of happy animal on it. Ive seen a crocheted monkey-face bib that was really cute. (could be sewn too)

Handspun
Ok, this might sound crazy... Our table decorations for the wedding are probably going to be pretty yarn in bowls and longswords. So... If you can spin up something pretty, preferably in some shade of purple, Id be really, really happy. No need to send longswords, weve already got those :eyeroll:

Supplies
- Fun cotton yarn for dishcloths.
- Scratchy acrylic or synthetic yarn for dish scrubbies
- Crochet hook with hooks in both ends (Ive got tutorials to use them but no such hook)
- Regular crochet hooks (can be second hand)
- Fun buttons for baby cardigans and the like. Bigger holes since theyre probably going to be sewn on with yarn.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010 02:29:43 PM by Annchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
wonderwoman1976
I usually have paint on my fingers and on my jeans.

"Believe it or not, I really can draw" -Basquiat

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010 09:33:00 AM »

Hi there!
I'm the Craftaholic, and I live in NYC with my three year old and husband.
I am sort of a beatnick/hippie sort of person. I am obsessed with owls. OBSESSED. As in, I have an owl tattoo. I also love things with DOTD Calaveras, Frida Kahlo, Buddha and Lakshmi on it. I mostly want/need jewelry and totebags as that's what I use every day.
I'm an earthy chic. I make my own soap and shampoo, recycle almost everything, and even make my own mineral makeup.
I've got a bunch of faves on flickr that I update:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thecraftaholic/favorites/
That will give you an idea of what I like. The few colors I don't wear are yellow and pink. I don't mind pink if it's done well. But I'd rather not.

I consider myself more of a yarnie (because I knit and crochet), but I do embroidery work as well.

Red text = I want it right now, please !

Knit/Crochet
A nice tam hat, in the style of dahliasoleil.etsy.com
OMG this BAG! http://www.ravelry.com/projects/Profusion/winter-freeform-bag

Or this bag http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cabled-shoulder-bag
or this bag http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rare
Crochet Bead Jewelry like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/made_by_beag/3193305893/in/faves-thecraftaholic/ THANKS PIXIEVAL!
OR a cool knitted necklace like this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmaby/150382735/
An Entrelac knitted Bag like this:-->http://www.flickr.com/photos/7167375@N05/1105187162/

Embroidery
Embroidered Earrings or a brooch in this style: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thaneeya/3195297198/in/faves-thecraftaholic/
or this http://www.flickr.com/photos/thaneeya/3241998439/
this cowl http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mrrrphmrrf-cowl
Yule Themed Ornaments like these ---> http://www.etsy.com/listing/59917164/yule-ornaments
OMG THIS! http://www.etsy.com/listing/49553845/leather-wallet-sugar-skull-dia-des-los?ref=fp_treasury_6 it doesn't have to be in leather.

Sewn
Cloth Menstrual Pads. I know, I know. But I want them.
A Nice Mini Duffle Style Tote
a Purse like this one http://www.flickr.com/photos/missamyo/3087182986/
OMG PLEASE THIS ONE http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/fringe-inspired-bag
A doll like this ---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/anapaulacavalari/5124955990/in/pool-609563@N24/ only with a "goddess" theme to her.

Supplies:
Handspun yarn
DOTD Fabric
Pretty Vintage fabric

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 05:23:14 PM by wonderwoman1976 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-The Craftaholic
http://www.thecraftaholic.com
--------------------------------------------------------
sweety28303

"She is Dangerous, She is Dangerous, I'm sure."

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010 03:24:13 PM »

My name is Jolena, I'm 22 years young and I currently reside in North Carolina. My family celebrates Christmas and this year we're going to do secret Santa to save money on Christmas gifts.
I just moved into my own little house with my dog Jack, the Jack Russell(hes the cutest dog ever).
I love bows! Big bows, littles bows, any kind of bows as long as they're cute.. I like polka dots and zebra stripes.. My favorite colors are green and pink!
Here's my list:
Sewn:
-Reusable Sandwich
-Sewn Basketball Player Stuffie(PM for details)
-Tote Bag or Purse
-Tinkerbell Oven Mitts, Apron or anything else(My sister loves tinkerbell)
-Any Kind Of Wall Art For My New House.
-I spend a lot of nights away from home so a huge bag would be awesome!
-I love Wonderwoman.. A clutch purse would be great!
-Embroidered pillowcases! With bumblebees or love robots (because I love doing the robot when I dance)
-Wonderwoman tee shirt
-Pajamas!
-Sewn Hat and/or scarf.

Yarnies
-Knit Cardigan
-Striped Thigh High Socks
-Knit Cable Purse.
-Hello Kitty Amigurumi (Thanks FinRaziel)
-A shrug (knit or crochet is fine)
-A wisty surprise = ]
www.wists.com/sweety28303

Supplies:
-Any yarn.. I love yarn = ](Thanks Pixieval!)
-Any scrap fabric you have(im trying to learn how to sew)
-small crochet hooks (anything smaller than H will be perfect)

-Thanks in advance for claiming me! = ]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010 06:10:37 PM by sweety28303 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap? I'm looking for a table runner. I will crochet everything under the sun for one!
Casey1201
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010 11:42:51 AM »

My name is Casey and I currently live in Colorado. I moved here about  two years ago from San Diego (which I miss terribly) to finish college. I am 24 years old and am getting my degree in Sociology with a minor in Criminology. I want to work in Child Advocacy. I live with my boyfriend Brett and our 3 dogs who are basically our children.  I have a ton of info on my profile that would probably be really helpful. I work for the Humane Society as an Animal Welfare Officer and I truly love my job.

My favorite colors are summery tones, blues, yellows that sort of thing. I love aqua, red and white together. I love peacock inspired items. I love vintage. I am a huge fan of retro prints as well as whimsical. Our house is decorated pretty beachy but its subtle beachy. Being from San Diego, we are huge Chargers fans and our basement is like the Chargers bar area. I am a caffeine addict so coffee and tea are a staple for me.

I sew, paper craft, make soap and other body treatments, jewelry making, homemade dog treats, and love baking. I want to learn how to do needle felting and am just started to learn cold process soap.

I am allergic to dark chocolate, pineapples, smoke and cats. The cats thing really isnt a biggie though, just make a note of it and I will make sure to wash whatever first. Its just when I touch my face and eyes after handling things with cat hair.

Of course, anything from my wist is greatly appreciated as well!

SEWN:

*2 San Diego Chargers stockings. Not really a specific idea so a lot of freedom with the design
*Sock Monkey, any kind, prefer a fun looking one not just generic
*Messenger style bag for school. There are a couple on my wist that I love but going with my fav colors is always a safe bet as well. I would like a pretty sturdy one though since I would use it for textbooks
*A poppet, one that resembles me would be cool but any would be appreciated!
*Luggage tags (4) in a fun print
*Toy Story inspired plushie, A Woody one would be fabulous
*Camera bag that has a strap for over my shoulder. I really want one that has padded sections inside to separate my small digital camera from my nice larger camera. This one was made by a member of craftster awhile back and is great: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/56f0a0b8d18767ed5fcbd706c67e9332?offset=120
*San Diego Chargers garter set: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/08b5396b45df3dfad37f53a46a8d7fd8?offset=240
*2 I-spy pouches for a 4 and 2 year old, both girls, one is a girly girl princess and the other sister is a cute little tomboy
*Zippered make up bag
*Infinity Dress, I already made a black one but bright fun colors are always welcome!
*Reusable produce bags like these: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/e94a4a2c08c6e8edd249f5146896a325?offset=220
*Trash bag for my car
*Mini Art Quilt (Dachshunds, the beach, birdies, pm me for other themes)
*Reusable sandwich bags
*Camera strap
*Upcycled felted wool owls

SEWN or YARN

*Felt food set for my little sisters. I love the sweet treats like cupcakes and cakes as well as sushi
*Any glittery Christmas dcor, our colors are usually bright green and teal for decorations
*Anything Xbox 360 themed for my boyfriend, there are a few items on my wist.
*Fun throw pillows, I have a bunch on my wist and I can stuff them!
* Dog toys, nice and sturdy ones. They love when they squeak as well.

EMBROIDERY

*Embroidered or stenciled pillowcases (2) Our bedroom is aqua and brown
*Flour sack towels embroidered with pin up theme and tattoos for my brother, I sewed him potholders with that pinup Alexander Henry fabric for xmas and think some dishtowels that went along with that theme would be neat
*Embroidered forest animals like these: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/fde3dfba33bbda2c42eb11abfa42be6f?offset=0
*Tree trunk embroidery with BB <8 CY

CROCHET/KNIT

*Crocheted Spongebob characters for my little brother (he already has Mr. Krab, Spongebob and Plankton)
*Crochet covers for Rockband drum set
*Hippie Vest like this one: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/324937f68222b39f224cdf1148520493?offset=60
*Pair of mens socks - sz 9.5US
*Mohawk hat for my little brother like this one:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59913072/custom-knit-mohawk-hat?ref=sr_gallery_16&ga_search_query=knit&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=44&order=most_relevant&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
*Beanie with a bow like this one: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/f38a1dd03942e49be257389099e7af83?offset=0
*Boobie pillow
*Bow headband like this one in blue, teal or a fun color: http://www.etsy.com/listing/60021904/choose-your-color-wide-headband-with-bow?ref=sr_gallery_26&ga_search_query=crochet&ga_search_type=&ga_page=31&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
*Love socks like these womens sz 7: http://www.wists.com/Casey1201/f067c71997a01211ebb39d73713b37f4?offset=140
*Winter head bands that I can wear to work so they do have to be black or navy blue

Supplies:
*Vintage tshirts or concert teesI am making a tshirt quilt
*Fabricany and all kinds welcome. Preferably fat quarter or larger
*Jewelry findings and charms
*Whimsies
*Glass jars for bath salts
*Anything for baking
*Scrapbook stickers/papers
*Craft/sewing books
*Beads
*Game pieces/ Scrabble tiles
* Buttons!
*Interfacing - any kind
*Novelty fabric
*Photo corners, glue dots, acid free scrapbook stuff

Extras:
*Handmade yummy treats, no peanuts or peanut butter.
*Anything that your town or city may be famous for
*Pictures or postcards from your city
*Chocolate just not dark
*Fun kinds of coffee or tea
*Cool shells, beach glass or small pieces of driftwood
*Save the Boobies bracelet
*flavored extracts for baking
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in personal swaps!

http://pinterest.com/caseyyoder/
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2010 06:52:59 AM »

Send out date is changed to December 1st!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010 10:16:08 AM »

Yesterday was 2 weeks from sendouts. Unfortuntely for anyone who hasn't sent by the end of today, even with communication, they will receive a temporary negative until their partner receives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2011 10:37:59 PM »

round 4

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=377978.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply Blur Cream
Holiday Beauty: Glam Up and Glow
Spa Treatment That Slims You Down Instantly
How to Contour the Pounds Away
Smoky Eye and Bold Lip Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...