A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Swap Gallery  (Read 38583 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

whats_her_name
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2010 10:33:16 AM »

I was stalking the post - my mailman drove up and I watched as he went into the back of the truck - then he walked up my neighbour's walk, and I thought - arghhhhh, bummer!  But my stalking didn't end there - I watched him to see if he left the parcel, and he did NOT - so then I continued to watch as he came around to my yard and up my sidewalk with the parcel and thought YAHOO!!!  ((Happy dance!!))

First, I have to say a big THANK YOU to my partner, vanessa_nichole, for the lovely job she did!  It's all WONDERFUL!  I took pictures as I opened everything, so here goes:

First up was a postcard with a little note, chosen because it's got a Herbology feel to it.

Then, the first (and most incredible) thing I opened was this amazing Ravenclaw bag!!  In her postcard, vanessa_nichole tells me that the bag is her first time knitting in the round AND her first time knitting fair isle!!!  WOWZA!  You did an incredible job, I just LOVE IT!  My son tried to claim it straight away, but I waited until he got distracted and quietly hid it.  It's gotta stay in pristine condition for the movies - part 1 AND part 2!!

Next up was this clever, clever project - my very own Remembrall!  Check it out!

She painted the box - how cool is that!?!?  And not only that, she painted the ball, too (it's a magic 8 ball, in case it's hard to tell).  It's all glittery, and I just love that R!!  I cannot show my daughter, as she loves all things sparkly...  Already got it tucked up high on my desk shelves for safekeeping!!

And finally, a little yummy for my tummy from Honeydukes.  Look at this cute bag!

And inside are Caramel Candy Wands, Pumpkin Bark and "Golden Snitch Popcorn Balls".  Looks delicious, but I'm saving them for the movie.  Again, I had to hide from the kids... Cheesy

Thanks again, vanessa_nichole, everything is wonderful, and I had a lot of fun being your swap partner.  Now hurry up and get back home so you can check out your goodies!   Wink  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2010 12:39:58 PM »

In the immortal words of Keanu Reeves ...whoa.  What an amazing swap partner!  I wish I had the time to even craft that much coolness for myself!  Nice, and it looks like you appreciate it too  Smiley  Happy Potter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2010 01:08:43 PM »

I LOVE that Ravenclaw bag!! I've had a similar 'Puff version wisted for ages. Your partner did a magnificent job on it!

And I love how many different versions of edible wands people made with pretzels. I'm a huge pretzel lover and now I've got a bunch more ideas to try with them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Audania1
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2010 03:31:10 PM »

That Ravenclaw bag is fantastic! And what a cute idea for the rememberall! I would definitely have to hide those and the candy from my kiddos. Pinkleo made these awesome licorice wands for me and my daughter spotted them on the counter the other day... We had to make a quick distraction and hide them better. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

midnight_mail

Keep calm & carry rum.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: November 17, 2010 01:41:39 AM »

I want a Remembrall now! I love how it's so sparkly Cheesy

I just got done with watching the second showing of the Deathly Hallows at my local cinema. Plenty of noisy muggles as usual with their crying babies and fellytones ringing all the time but it was awesome!
I won't give away any spoilers but I feel so inspired now to start crafting for part 2! There are so many craft ideas I want to start working on now, starting with Fleur's wedding dress!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010 01:49:35 AM by midnight_mail » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Save a broom, ride a Quidditch player.

http://wists.com/midnight_mail
honeybone
« Reply #245 on: November 17, 2010 01:58:21 AM »

Fleurs wedding dress? Oh how fantastic, big project!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: November 17, 2010 02:19:23 PM »

Sorry for not posting! I got my package a week ago, but had to go on an unseen trip!

here's what I got

First of all.. this awesome gryffindor scarf which has barely left my neck in the last week

Then this Dobby puppet which I loved

This cool every flavored beans bag with jelly beans inside!! And I'm kind of ashamed to say they didnt make it to the movie!

and the best extra I've ever got:
Books!!!!!

The friday night knitting club has been on my wishlist for about 2 years!!! I'm so happy to finally have it!!
and another crafty/girly book (I love girly books)

Thanks!!! I loved my package!! now... let's hope you get yours soon!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
Ex_Gratia

I sew therefore I am

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: November 17, 2010 09:37:49 PM »

Alright Folks, Prepare thyself.
I got a wicked package from RippledWater
Opened!

1. All my delicious treats including:
From Weasley Wizard Wheezes: Fever Fudge, Ton-Tongue Toffees, and Puking Pastilles. Plus from HoneyDukes: Tarantula Tiklers, Fizzing Whizbees, and from Dumbledore's Secret Stash: Old School Lemon Drops!
My Favorite is the Toffee  Wink

PLUS! Mme. Rosemerta's Pumpkin Juice WHOA!

2. A super awesome and adorable Ravenclaw bag

The inside (under the flap)

3. And my personal favorite: A NARGLE! from LUNA! he's pretty much the cutest thing in the world.

Thanks so much JESS!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy please! I'd love to have feedback from other crafters!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheFlippantFlapper?ref=ss_profile
Audania1
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Christmas crafting all year round...

Magic always comes with a price

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: November 17, 2010 11:06:51 PM »

Ok, so I totally love the NARGLE!!!! So awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ysmeine
« Reply #249 on: November 18, 2010 11:46:22 AM »

I'm so glad you got it. I will be checking th mail soon, so who knows it might be her just in time or if not it will be a great surprise later. I have to admit I was a little worried that I didn't hear from you. I even sent my daughter a test pm to make sure there weren't any bugs in the system.

As for the beans, the beans floating in the window are so that it is never empty. Although they can be removed incase yu need to wash the bag.

The kids and I are so excited to go see it tonight. They have even been given permission to skip school tommorrow, but Charles says he is going anyway. He has too many important classes. But don't worry he says, I have gone to school a couple times this year with no sleep. Really? I did let work know that I was sorry, but i would not be available for call in on 2nd or 3rd today. We have been short staffed and I know the person working 2nd was sick as a dog the other day.

Off to check the mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Giraffe Bath & Body Shaving Wand: Does It Work?
October 2013 Beauty Products to Try
How to Apply Bronzer, Blush and Luminizer
Halloween Inspiration from Celebrities Who Dare to Go Bold
Nicki Minaj Minajesty Commercial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...