A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 299,173
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Swap Gallery  (Read 45831 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter_swap_gallery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ysmeine
« Reply #250 on: November 18, 2010 12:09:32 PM »

I got all excited because there was a key in my mail box, when I found the correct box, pulled out the package, and looked at the label, I found it was from my mother inlaw. But the box rattled and since she sent us our first Harry Potter book years ago, just maybe the kids told her we were going to the midnight showing and she was sending treats. No, it was just shampoo and cosmetic samples. I should have known, she is always send me stuff like that. Anyone need used lipstain? At least the frizz ease might come in handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RippledWater
Let me sashay your tightroped mind

"That costs how much?!! Psh! I could make that!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #251 on: November 18, 2010 12:10:57 PM »

haha! The glass bottle totally made it!! I would like to thank the mail gods for that! I'm so glad it got to you in piece and that you loved everything! thanks so much ex_gratia!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar Roar!
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #252 on: November 18, 2010 03:49:05 PM »

Wow- another great package. I love the nargle!

Hope everyone has a great time tonight!! Maybe we'll get some new pictures here in the gallery of everyone all dressed up. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whats_her_name
« Reply #253 on: November 18, 2010 05:11:59 PM »

Wowza - that nargle is totally adorable - hopefully he doesn't tear your house apart in search of all things shiny!!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Britters25

Not authorized to answer that, I'm a banjo player.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 18, 2010 08:15:56 PM »

Cry Ugh. I had to give up my Midnight tickets to Harry Potter. Stinking swing shift coworker decided that tonight would be a good night to get sick! So now instead of wearing my lovely swap gear, standing in line in the cold, and watching a hopefully orgasmic movie I will be sitting behind a desk all night wishing.

Have fun all you lovely ladies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Britters23
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/britters23

"Night has always pushed up day, you must know life to see decay."
ysmeine
« Reply #255 on: November 19, 2010 01:10:42 AM »

Freezing cold was right. We met some fun people and saw a centaur. Then as I thought I couldn't take the cold any longer they let us in. Everyone was excited and a group of people went to the front and did the thriller dance. I was concrned that they would not hush in time for the movie, but as the previews started it slowly got quieter.

Although, I am still waiting for my package we had a great time and I look forward to being surprised.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ambermoony
Swap addict

I fix things.

« Reply #256 on: November 19, 2010 01:52:50 AM »

Just back from the movie (I laughed!  I cried!  I'm going again on Saturday.)  Since my partner hasn't had a chance to post photos yet, I thought I'd put up a couple I took before sending.  
I had way too much fun crafting, and sent some chocolate frogs, a pygmy puff, Marvolo Gaunt's ring, a Monster Book of Monsters book box, and the Elder Wand.  (Pardon my craft desk in the background)

She had requested something to help keep her warm in line, so I made a house unity blanket/shawl:

It's a bit more subtly Harry Potter, so hopefully she can get more use out of it Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010 01:53:12 AM by ambermoony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda Swap (Rnd 2): crafting
Doctor Who Swap round 5: crafting

Open to personal swaps~
woobie
« Reply #257 on: November 19, 2010 05:59:23 AM »

Miz monkeystuffer is really busy these days with classes and getting settled after her move, so I thought Id post a few pics of what I sent to her.  I got a p.m. from her saying that she had received and Im really looking forward to seeing her pics when she has time to post.

I sent a Ravenclaw quidditch robe. (click on pics to see larger view)

Really a navy fleece bathrobe with hood.  

Her name is on the back in bronze lettering and the number 7 (like Harry).. I thought she should be a seeker, so I embroidered a snitch on the sleeve.

I made a little beanie dragon, a Chinese Fireball (sent in a black egg).

For the edible, I made milk chocolate fudge with English toffee bits.  I packaged it in this mini Hogwarts lunchbox.

Then I threw in a couple of extras.. I made some little owl boxes from a template I found online.  I thought they were perfect for hold little jewelry items.. so I sent along one with some beaded radish earrings and a butterbeer cork necklace.

Because she has a real fondness for Neville, I really wanted to make something that would be a reminder of him.. I found a little paperweight and modified it a bit so that she could have her own Remembrall.

I just have to say that Ive had a great time getting to know monkeystuffer.  We carried on quite a correspondence back and forth in p.m. and she was fun to craft for.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010 07:04:09 AM by woobie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: November 19, 2010 06:26:26 AM »

That remembrall is to die for! And I love that monster book of monsters. Great job everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
vanessa_nichole
« Reply #259 on: November 19, 2010 08:10:28 AM »

Got home about 11:30 pm last night and found all sorts of goodies lying in wait for me!  I've tried to include lots of photos that show the packaging--it's obvious Karrie spent some time and thought on the wrappings because they are all adorable and came through the mail still looking great!

My package from whats_her_name:

First off, a letter from Professor Neville Longbottom, explaining the contents of the package, which was created in honor of my Take a Muggle to School Day visit! 

Wearable:
Cute Ravenclaw shirt from the Hogwarts House Muggle clothing shop.  The back says "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure"

And Luna sent me some dirigible plum earrings from her shop!

Edible:
I received a delectable assortment from Honeydukes, including lemon sherbets, chocolate frogs, fudge flies, Botts Everyflavour Beans and a packet of pumpkin juice mix!  So far I have only made it into the flies--and they are really yummy and really hilariously detailed, as flies go.  Cheesy

Game:
This might be my very favourite thing I recieved---Muggle-style word searches from Hermione!  She sent enough for my friends to do one, too.  It will be something good to do while waiting for previews to begin Cheesy.

And bonus photo of my dog wearing the ribbon from my Honeydukes package

Thanks so much, Karrie!  It was great swapping with you and I love everything.  Can't wait to sit down and work at my word searches while wearing my earrings and eating some frogs  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I knit. I sew. I paint by number.  I use power tools.  I am a pretty tough broad.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Makeover Lover and Minimalist Swap Beauty Routines
A 61-Year-Old Grandmother Wears Makeup for the First Time
“Law and Order’s” Stephanie March Helps Everyone Look Red Carpet Glam
How to Choose the Right Color to Contour Your Makeup
Classic and Glam Eyeliner Tutorial Backstage at Dennis Basso NYFW 2014
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...