A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yes more bits o' flesh! Zombies and now introducing Vampires! Pic heavy!  (Read 1523 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

beautifulpirate
« on: October 18, 2010 11:41:36 AM »

Yeah I am a total dork. Here are even more of the bits o' flesh series. I think I am done with these for a while though. I have been trying some new stuff and also replicating some of my other pieces but with slight alterations. Would love to know what you guys think afterward. And sorry this is such a long post. I feel it is important to include the story for each piece.

Some people like to stay as far away from the leftover bits and pieces as possible. Some people burn them. I suppose it's because they think they will turn, that some virus or infection is still pulsing through the veins of the creature that died a second time. Eh, that may be true. But if it is, I haven't been turned yet. I like to think that zombie parts come in handy. Firstly, there's the fact that they smell bad. I mean, that doesn't sound so appealing, but zombies have typically strong olfactory senses. Get a zombie around another one, and all they smell is rot and that stench keeps them from attacking and eating their own kind. Now put a blind-folded zombie in the same room as a human, and the smell of fresh meat... well, you know the rest. But the whole "smell like a zombie and the zombies stay away" rule isn't the only reason why I carry around small trophies like this one. To be quite honest, out of all of the survivors I have met, most of them are annoying as crap. And truth be told, most of the time, it's the paranoid virus myth believers that survive. So maybe they're right but carrying around my little "treasures" keeps their annoying behaviors far from me. I like being alone. I'm a loner, I was even when the world wasn't overrun with the dead. I really like being alone. Maybe one day, I truly will be.
---The zombie huntress

This necklace features a detached zombie finger pendant. The pendant measures 3 inches tall by 1 inch wide and is strung onto an 18" black cord necklace with a lobster claw pendant. This pendant was hand sculpted without the use of molds by me. It is a time consuming process and results in a one of a kind pendant every time.

You know every once in a while, things come along that aren't alive, but aren't zombies. They have been called by many names, but vampires happens to be their most popular name. I'm not normally into killing vampires. I mean let's face it, in most cases, they are pretty hot. And they don't typically gorge on one human after another. They pretty much keep to themselves, trying to fit into society in some cases, and they typically only eat when they are hungry. Now, there's no blame in that. But when one comes along who is really hungry and tries to feed on me, well, let's just say that I take personal offense to it. I'm not really a fan of being eaten and/or fed upon. So call me quirky but I would like to keep my blood for a bit longer. So, when one of those vampires who happens to be past the brink of good judgment comes along and tries to attack me, it's only fair that I protect myself. I just happen to carry a blade made from the bones of a vampire who was a friend of mine. He cut it out himself before setting himself in the rays of the sun. But that is another story. Needless to say, vampire bone, being made of the same stuff as vampire teeth is sharper than diamonds. It's good for killing other vampires and for carving out their lips.
---The Zombie Huntress

This necklace features a handmade pendant which was hand scuplted by me without the use of molds. It is a very time consuming process. The lips are a lovely shade of red and feature vampire fangs and blood surrounded by porcelain colored skin. The pendant measures 2 1/2" wide by 2 1/2" tall and is strung onto an 18" black cord necklace with a lobster claw clasp

Sometimes, they just piss me off. I can't stand it when they get up in my face and growl, like they are going to try to intimidate me. You know, in the wild, when a dog or some other creature growls, it's typically a defense mechanism that is used to scare off potential predators, or other variable creatures who are bigger and badder. Essentially, it's a bluff. So, let's see how well they snarl without their lips, and how well they growl without a mouth. Not much of a bluff then. And I'm not really the kind of person you want to bluff to anyway. I got nothin' to lose so I don't bluff and I don't hesitate to call a bluff even in the midst of a showdown.
---The Zombie Huntress

This necklace features a zombie mouth or pair of lips which were hand sculpted by me without the use of molds. This process is a very time consuming process with all of the small details. The lips pendant features reddish purple lips, surrounded by bruised and decayed skin as well plenty of blood not only from it's last meal and from being skinned. The pendant measures 3 inches wide by 2 inches tall and is strung on an 18" black cord necklace with a lobster claw clasp.

I hunt them. I hunt the dead, the undead, the zombies, or whatever you want to call them. I make sure they stay the way that they were meant to. Dead. And on occasion if I happen to have a tough time with a particular beast of a zombie, I skin it afterward, leave it's flesh out and use it for bait for a few more. And then I wear the skin to remind myself of how it could have been different. How it could have been that zombie pushing it's face deep into my own flesh, wearing me instead. Yeah, I know it's weird, but in these times, there isn't much left that makes sense or even much that isn't weird.
--- The zombie huntress

The pendant is hand sculpted by me with no use of molds at all. It measures approximately 3 inches wide by 2 inches tall and is linked onto an 18" black cord necklace.

As far as we knew, we were the only ones left. My husband, my best friend and myself were alone in a world full of animals, full of fury and rage and violence and hunger. All of our friends and family were already taken, already eaten or already turned. We had too far to go in too little time and we didn't realize we were running from zombies only to run right into a few more. Unfortunately, my best friend didn't make it but I promised her I would take her body back home to be buried with her family. And this is all that they left behind of her.

The ear is approximately 2 3/4 inches tall by 1 1/4 inches wide. It is completely hand sculpted. I did not use a mold and this was very time consuming because of it. I modeled it after my husband's ear. It comes strung on an 18" black cord necklace with a lobster claw clasp.

It is slightly smaller than the last one

Left 4 Dead Inspired piece created by my husband. He hand sculpted the piece without the use of molds which can be a very time consuming process. This piece features the bitten and decaying zombie hand in various shades of green, with plenty of blood on the finger tips and on the torn fleshy parts. The pendant measures 1 1/2 inches long by 1 inch wide and is strung on an 18" black cord necklace with a lobster claw clasp.

All of the various pieces that I have done past and present:

I would love comment, critiques, etc! Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy my stuff!!!:
http://www.kawaiibuddies.com

Follow me on facebook for exclusive discounts and giveaways:
https://www.facebook.com/KawaiiBuddies

Check out my makeup page on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/visageFX

Capt'n Candy (the beautiful pirate)
azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010 12:17:27 PM »

So gross  Grin Loved the green on the first finger, after that I started to get queasy lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beautifulpirate
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010 12:49:05 PM »

So gross  Grin Loved the green on the first finger, after that I started to get queasy lol

If you honestly were getting queasy, then I am super sorry! If you were just being funny, then lol. I assume you were being funny but you never can tell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy my stuff!!!:

azreno
Lynn

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010 03:25:32 PM »

lmao no, not truly queasy, you do a good job of making bits of flesh Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducktapebunny
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010 03:50:48 PM »

Those are so awesome, a little gross, but in an awesome way. I would totally murder a zombie to get one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nougatgee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010 08:50:00 PM »

well done - these are way so disgusting awesome!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beautifulpirate
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010 11:37:17 PM »

lmao no, not truly queasy, you do a good job of making bits of flesh Tongue

lol, a year ago, I don't think I would have taken that as a compliment! lol

well done - these are way so disgusting awesome!!  Wink

Either adjective works...

Those are so awesome, a little gross, but in an awesome way. I would totally murder a zombie to get one.

Thanks! I don't know if it is considered murder if you kill a zombie. That probably always falls in the line of defense! lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy my stuff!!!:

SanDorfALot
SanDorfALot

Chaotic Good

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010 11:36:07 AM »

OMG, amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Twice the mayham, triple the force, ten times the action: total hardcore.
CraftasaurusRex
beautifulpirate
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010 04:19:34 PM »

OMG, amazing!

lol, why thank you! I do try!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy my stuff!!!:

suonko
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010 08:04:34 AM »

sooo creepy!  Shocked but I love it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Find Studio Photography Jobs
Learn How to Take Pictures of Food
How to Create a Makeshift Studio For Photography
How to Find a Photo Studio
Learn About Studio Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...