A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lucia's baby blanket!  (Read 954 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2010 03:19:24 PM »

My sister is due to have her birthday any day now (she is already almost a week past her due date!) and so I have been in a rush trying to get her baby blanket done.  This is the third baby blanket that I have started for her.  The first blanket I started I had to abandon because I accidentally bought yarn from two different dye lot numbers.  Then the second I pulled apart because I read the pattern wrong and it ended up HUGE and I was running out of time and yarn.  So this is the third blanket that I started on...but I finished this one.  I love the way it turned out.  I wish that I had done one that was more solid since it will be winter soon, but I am not too worried about it since we live in the south and the days here are still reaching the upper 80s or even 90s in October!! But I got the pattern from the book 'Circular Baby Afghans' by Rebecca Leigh and the color is a light pink.  Please I would love to hear what you guys think!! And I know that my sister would love it if you could all send some labor vibes her way hahahaha!!! She hasn't seen the blanket yet so hopefully she will like it *fingers crossed*

anyway sorry for being so wordy...I hope you like the blanket  Grin Tongue

this is a close up of the edging

the whole blanket

Center

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeffsweetie

I would love to do a personal swap!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010 04:01:42 PM »

I think the blanket is very pretty! Looks like you put a lot of love into it well done! As for labor- tell her to get a pedicure! I swear it works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ConnieStieler
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010 05:27:43 PM »

Wow!  What a beautiful afghan,  I just love the edging.  You did a great job  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010 05:47:19 PM »

Absolutely beautiful! I'm totally jealous..Here's hoping u have a cute little niece to deliver it too REAL soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010 07:01:41 PM »

Your blanket is gorgeous! I am sure that will be one that your sister will keep as an heirloom.

My granddaughter was due on 9/27 and was born on 10/8...... I understand the frustration of the whole family and especially your sister..... sending good vibes her way..... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010 07:46:33 PM »

Thank you guys soo much!!! And I will def pass along the pedicure advice  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raennn
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010 09:10:44 AM »

Oh it's lovely! I haven't tried anything like this, is it time consuming or interesting enough that you keep going? For labor, I was late and told I wasn't ready and it would be a week or so, so we planned some outings to distract myself, and of course my water broke!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is confusing, just when you think it's over it throws you a view like this and you don't know where you are.
- Evy in Driving Lessons
bluegrey

Tutorial Collecter ♡

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010 12:18:24 PM »

That is beautiful!  I love the details.  I wish I had the time and patience to create something like that.  I bet your sister will love it.  I know I would.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tighttights
*~*Tight Tights!*~*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010 09:25:55 AM »

Thanks everybody for the nice comments and the well wishes!!! My niece was born Tuesday October 19th!! She is beautiful!! 8 pounds 2 oz 22 inches long!  Grin  I am such a proud aunt! 

Oh it's lovely! I haven't tried anything like this, is it time consuming or interesting enough that you keep going? For labor, I was late and told I wasn't ready and it would be a week or so, so we planned some outings to distract myself, and of course my water broke!

I actually started 3 but kept messing up lol!! This one was fun because it was in the round.  It was hard only because I think that I might be getting arthritis because my hands hurt soooooo bad while making it.  But it other than that it was fun and my sister loved it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
breeze5301
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010 01:00:45 PM »

Wow! I think it's gorgeous! When my last DGS was born 2 years ago I made several solid blankets & he just never used them. Babies are inside most of the time & if a blanket is used when they are tiny,it's usually very light. So I wouldn't worry about it being lacy. Now, after they get older the lacy ones can cause problems if there is anyway they can get fingers stuck in it or anything torn off it. Great job! This one will probably end up being an heirloom that's passed down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Said Coo Book Trailer
Milly Johnson Discusses Her Book a Summer Fling
John Kampfner Discusses His Book Freedom for Sale
Meet Author Daisy Martinez
Author Philippa Gregory on the Young Elizabeth I
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...