A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,607
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: short woolies from felted sweaters  (Read 828 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hildare
« on: January 04, 2011 09:06:34 AM »

I used a combo and an internet tutorial to make these shorties from 2 different old felted sweaters, then attached hearts to cover some holes in the wool (goodwill sweaters- cheap but imperfect).  you can just google shorties from sweaters and find several tutorials, but basically you use the cuffs to make the legs.  cloth diapers ROCK!  and these cover and absorb Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There's no government like NO government!
le-y
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011 09:24:56 AM »

those are darling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jannapy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011 08:34:34 PM »

Are felted sweaters scratchy on little ones sensitive skin?  I ask because a little girl gave me a hug while I was wearing my wool coat and she said "Ouch, you're scratchy!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
hildare
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011 06:51:30 AM »

Are felted sweaters scratchy on little ones sensitive skin?  I ask because a little girl gave me a hug while I was wearing my wool coat and she said "Ouch, you're scratchy!"
I shuffle through the goodwill offerings for lambswool for the shorties/longies.  the lambswool stays nice and soft even with felting Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jannapy
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011 09:33:23 PM »

I shuffle through the goodwill offerings for lambswool for the shorties/longies.  the lambswool stays nice and soft even with felting Smiley

Oh, well does the tag say "lambswool" or just "wool"?  If it just says "wool" do you just have to feel the sweater to see if it's scratchy or not?  Thanks for sharing your expertise!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you can't do it with duck tape...it can't be done!

http://sundayinthecountry.blogspot.com/
hildare
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011 07:51:35 AM »

Oh, well does the tag say "lambswool" or just "wool"?  If it just says "wool" do you just have to feel the sweater to see if it's scratchy or not?  Thanks for sharing your expertise!
it usually says, at least on the newer sweaters.  the ones i've gotten so far at any rate.. i think though if it feels soft or scratchy, that's pretty much the same way it will feel when you felt it.  felting makes it a little smoother, but lambswool is the way to go...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Face Paint a Fairy
How to Draw Mickey Mouse
How to Draw Spongebob Squarepants
How to Draw Goofy
How to Draw Patrick Star
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...