A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft book swap  (Read 4511 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010 08:09:52 PM »

Everyone is getting awesome packages! I will be updatign everyones feedback as I see pictures posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordpress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010 06:43:48 AM »

I received my wonderful package from China.  Monkey_girl sent me my first Chinese craft book.  I love the projects in this book.  Mostly there are bags projects and a few Christmas projects.  I love making bags and there are many in this book that I am going to try soon.  I can't read Chinese but there are lots of diagrams and not much text anyways so I am sure I will be able to figure it out.

There are two adorable felt ornaments one has a key ring on it and the other a loop.  I may hang these on my Christmas tree.  A small zipper bag decorated with sewing themed buttons and fall leaves buttons.  I got extras of the buttons too.  And two pairs of earrings one with sewing machines and the other with scissors.   

She sent me several notions for making a bag.  A cute little hinged purse frame, some appliques of bunnies and cherries, some lovely covered buttons ( I love me some buttons),  I am not sure if the doll is a sticker or an iron on.  I haven't opened the package yet maybe I will be able to tell after I open it.  But isn't she cute.  There are some cute little labels too.  I love everything especially the book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

h-chan

<3 Xia Junsu (duck butt) <3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010 08:31:15 PM »

Wow! I just checked the tracking for that today and all it said is that it had arrived in the US. lol

I'm so glad you like every thing! It was fun to shop for and gave me a good reason to go to the Pacific Mall which is a very large Asian mall in Toronto. The dottee was the first I have ever made and, truthfully, I had no idea what they were until I saw one on your wist. Cheesy Now I want to make one for everyone!! Grin

Oh and that pirate necklace was a comedy of errors. lol First I lost everything. Then, after I found it, I realized I had bought the wrong beads for the string. *headdesk* So it's a plain necklace but I couldn't not send him. He's awesome! LOL

Lol when I saw the pirate I was beginning to think you were either psychic or had super stalking powers coz I can't remember posting that anywhere...but its possible? As for the dotee, its a fabulous first! I had not clue what they were either, until I saw it on LadyLeitzen's questionnaire and googled it ^^ Then I checked out a swap gallery and wisted some. I'm certainly going to do a dotee swap when I get a chance now and hang them in my sewing room like all my anime convention badges. Thanks again!

@LadyLeitzen Now you've got TWO people into doing dotees inadvertently just by adding it to your questionnaire!

Yes.. yes.. I'm psychic.. ya.. *shifty eyes* LOL On your questionnaire you said you would like a pirate necklace. I had this grand idea of a spectacular piece of jewelry that would know you off your feet! Things don't always come out the way you plan.  Cheesy Cheesy

Ha ha I didn't remember putting that down Tongue Sometimes simple is awesome too! My pirate speaks volumes of cool all on his lonesome Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eu Kyang Kyang!!!

http://www.wists.com/h-chan
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010 08:25:01 AM »

Ekka - Yay!!!! the hat fits! i was soooo worried cuz i don't have any babies at home (not for want of trying) to test the hat on.

fabulous packages everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2010 09:26:54 AM »

What pattern or stitch did you use for the hat?  someone sent me a link to a site that has the standard head sizes for babies and kids...that is the only way I would be able to fit a hat to any child as well...

It is a great hat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010 03:57:32 PM »

i did a looong rectangle, holding the yarn double, alternating colors in rows of single crochet. when it was tall enough, i folded it in half, slip-stitched across and around the corner, and turned it inside out and did a double-stranded border of pink around the edge.
pom poms are a pita, though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010 12:21:31 PM »

I've received from Zombie_Queen! Cheesy

The books: Not Your Mama's Crochet and Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook
I love both of them & I can't wait to learn to knit!

Awesome yarn Smiley

Paper & stitch markers Smiley

A close up of the stitch markers - there are some for knitting & crocheting Grin

Alphabet stamps & Perfect Pearls metallics (I've been wanting alphabet stamps! Tongue)

Knitted Gryffindor bookmarks & a sewn checkbook cover. Smiley
I always need bookmarks & I love Harry Potter, so these are awesome! Cheesy
And I really like the fabric you used for the checkbook cover - my checkbook is already in it!

Thank you Zombie_Queen! I love everything! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wonderwoman1976
I usually have paint on my fingers and on my jeans.

"Believe it or not, I really can draw" -Basquiat

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010 03:43:08 PM »

Sorry for the delay, but I was told I better post pics or else! LOL!
I haven't had the time, because I've had my head wrapped around a workshop of mine that was being filmed today! So I wanted to make sure I was on point.
so here are the pics of my stuff.

So that's a lovely jewelry box. It's a vintage jewelry box that was dressed up with flowers and such.

that's the book I was sent-it's great! I'm using it so much already!

a wonderful pack of all kinds of papers, fabrics, etc!

pigments, and other fun ATC stuff!

There were other things that didn't make it in the picture, like a nice stash of candy and some other things. But I have a three year old, and when I get packages I pretty much have to put everything away RIGHT away or else she thinks it's hers! LOL!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-The Craftaholic
http://www.thecraftaholic.com
--------------------------------------------------------
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2010 03:11:57 PM »

Monkey_girl has been busy and hasn't had time to post picture but I am dying to show what I sent her.  She says she loves everything.  I want to see how the dress fits her.  We had similar measurements so I tried it on before I sent.  This is how the dress looks on me.
the books and some supplies
Some fabrics to make several stuffies in the books

I hope she post pictures soon I feel kind of odd posting my own.  I had three swap partners in a row who never posted pictures even though they said they loved everything.  I know it is easy to forget if you don't have time to do it right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monkey_girl
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010 06:02:17 AM »

Hello Eye_on_sparrow and eveyone else! So sorry I haven't posted pictures earlier!!

I feel terrible as I am working so som much - but the happy news is I am leaving Taipei on 16 December - I am returning home to New Zealand and a real life! (no more 11 hour days for me!).

Anyways here's what I recieved - I really wanted to do an action pick but I tend to work late and therefore get up late.....not much light for decent picture taking. However, I will try one more time tommorrow to get an action pick of the dress as I really want to show eye_on_sparrow how it looks.

Anyways here's the other awesome goodies I recieved! Firstly the two craft books - I have looked at buying this plush-o-rama book before! It's seriously cute. I love the more softies book too! I love the pattern inside for half eaten gingerbread men.

Next up are the supplies - I am SO happy to recieve so much floss! My partner has recently started up an esty shop selling robot themed cross stitch and he wants to make "real" versions of his patterns to promote his shop so this is very timely^^ Also the start to stitch kit is SO perfect! I love it and the little plastic container has bead, buttons and some sparkly thread - loving it all! Finally a little kit for making bags - can't wait to try this out when I return home!

Finally - I like to call this picture - fabric explosion!!

I recieved so much great fabric from eye_on_sparrow! From felt to fake fur and everything in between - the lady has a mighty fine eye for fabric!

As you can see from eye on sparrow's post she made me a very pretty dress which is great because I love to wear dresses. Here's one very poor non-action pic - I will try and take an action pic tommorrow

Everything is lovely and eye_on_sparrow is such a great partner....oh I nearly forgot....here's the super cute card she sent me!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

So many crafts, so many ideas, so little time!

My wist!

http://www.wists.com/Trees

I love charms for jewelery making, got anything gothic? Want to swap? PM me!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christmas Day Style Tips
Three Chic Ways to Rock Winter Pastels
Top Fashion and Style Trends of 2013
Beautiful Christmas Day Makeup
How to Style a Glam Holiday Hairdo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...