A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 298,645
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wine Themed Centerpieces  (Read 2731 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Snootzie

Proof that my brother once adored me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 16, 2010 08:56:44 AM »

I am getting married on July 9, 2011 at a winery.  I've been working on ideas for my centerpieces which don't involve flowers.  So far, this is what I've come up with.  The labels will be removed from the bottles, and the little votive candles will have purple glitter on them.  The able clothes will either be orange or yellow.  We haven't decided yet.  The colors for the wedding are yellow, orange, and purple...

there will be two votives on each of the four sides of the centerpiece...  they aren't all there in the pictures...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
cankle

I'm a piece of work.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010 01:27:52 PM »

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I love the idea of using wine bottles for your centerpieces. You could even have some wine labels of your own made up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Snootzie

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010 06:14:08 AM »

I'll try to get a better shot of them.. my future MIL took them as we were starting to put the stuff back up, so it is a little haphazzardly thrown together...

I actually plan on making the table numbers look like labels and putting those on the bottles..  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just bought a new house... okay the house isn't new... it was actually born in the same month and year I was!!
Vampira_666
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010 05:19:20 PM »

Great idea!! I just got married in August so I know what your going through!! It's lots of work but it'll all be worth it in the end- just remember to keep calm/stress-free while planning and take time for yourself!!!

I love the centerpiece idea!! It looks beautiful... although I'd probably just have one bottle int he center holding the candles with the table # label on it. & just one votive on each of the 4 sides of it also... the tables can get pretty crowded at a wedding with large centerpieces, once you add dishes, glasses, cutlery, napkins etc.

also are the little lamps wine glasses? if so are you going to use candles/LEDs in them to light them also?

Oh and be sure to check with your hall/location to make sure open flames are allowed... because My original centerpiece ideas had candles and I ended up having to purchase hurricane holders for them.

(sorry to seem pushy or whatnot.. I'm just trying to help...because I just went through it all)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*~ Vampira_666 ~*
Snootzie

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010 07:27:49 PM »

We did decide to do just one votive, but we are going to stick with multiple bottles because our tables are actually really big and we are not going to have place settings arranged on the tables. 

The lamps are wine glasses.  Not sure if we are doing votive candles or led lights.  We are allowed the votive candles....

I am toying with what size tapers to put in the bottles.  We can get 10 or 6 inch tapers, and I am thinking that 10 inch tapers would be the best thing... that 6 inch tapers would look too short....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkitty
Beading & forum addicted!

www.kitschkitty.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010 11:24:06 AM »

That looks fab!  Smiley

I never would have thought of putting the shades on wine glasses even though I'd been looking for that kind of thing - it's great! (had seen shades on jars, and candle holders shaped like various drinking glasses, but never thought of combing the 2)!

Have you seen this project: http://www.mariamcbride.com/holiday_ideas/holiday05.html for place name holders. It would look fab on your tables too!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 06:04:17 PM by kitschkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love to chat about beading come join us at www.uk-beaders.co.uk/forum.htm
Find hundreds of UK based bead suppliers and more at www.uk-beaders.co.uk

Kitty's Unique Boutique
Custom creations designed to delight   www.kitschkitty.co.uk
puppybreath

everything we do, is just everything we've done

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010 02:38:21 PM »

That looks fab!  Smiley

I never would have thought of putting the shades on wine glasses even though I'd been looking for that kind of thing - it's great! (had seen shades on jars, and candle holders shaped like various drinking glasses, but never thought of combing the 2)!

Have you seen this project: http://www.mariamcbride.com/holiday_ideas/holiday05.htmlfor place name holders. It would look fab on your tables too!

Your link needs to be fixed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschkitty
Beading & forum addicted!

www.kitschkitty.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010 06:05:14 PM »

I only missed a space between the address and the next word in the sentance!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love to chat about beading come join us at www.uk-beaders.co.uk/forum.htm
Find hundreds of UK based bead suppliers and more at www.uk-beaders.co.uk

Kitty's Unique Boutique
Custom creations designed to delight   www.kitschkitty.co.uk
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coney Island Barbecued Hot Dogs Recipe
Country Fried Potatoes with Onions Recipe
Cincinnati Chili Recipes
Fried Green Tomatoes Recipe
Breakfast Pizza with Hash Brown Crust Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...