A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 315,705
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Frankie Says 'UUGGGHHHHHH'" Dress from T-Shirt (PIC HEAVY!)  (Read 17202 times)
Tags for this thread: frankensteins_monster , reconstructed_from_teeshirts , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

louhi
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010 01:13:57 PM »

I love this. Looks awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010 01:19:12 PM »

I love this.  Thanks for posting the tut!

Thanks!
And no problem--I always try to post a tute when I know I'm gonna be posting something up on Craftster   c( :

This is frikkin' awesome! And it looks great on you!

D'awww, thanks!! Cheesy

What a great recon--love what you did with the top and that you saved the little bats!  Looks great and the color is amazing!

Thank you!!  ^___^
Yeah, I loved the bats way too much to just throw them out  XD

that's really awesome! i bought a 2x social distortion shirt a few months back and haven't been able to think of anything to do with it, but now i know exactly what to do! thanks for the tutorial.

Thanks/you're welcome!  lol
Be sure to show me pics if/when you do it!!  Cheesy

soooooo cute! I love the sleeves and the back. very very cool.

Thank you!!  ^____^

I love this. Looks awesome!

Thanks!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
Poosel
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010 04:00:24 PM »

that is so awesome!! His chin is a little ....i dunno the words...different?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/poosel

Sketchbook Project Theme: Nightmares
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2010 04:40:39 PM »

You made this shirt 10 times better! It looks great on you. Now I'm thinking that I want the one with the bats to make a cute shirt for myself. I couldn't carry off the mini dress!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Luna1375
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2010 07:14:20 PM »

I sure do love it when skinny girls post about how "huge" a 2x shirt is and how they can take something made for ginormous freaks like me and turn it into a cute dress.  Embarrassed No kidding, it really is cute. And no kidding, people who wear a 2x or larger maybe aren't going to enjoy your exclamations of shock and horror at the size of our clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can totally buy stuff I make!  http://www.etsy.com/shop/craftyluna  Smiley
marmalade_skies
I could make that for you, but I won't.

<(-_-)> (>-_-)> (>-_-<) <(-_-<) <(-_-)>

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2010 10:54:02 PM »

HOT
THIS ROCKS   Logged
E-mack
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2010 12:35:01 AM »

Amazing ! Thanks for the tut too - its given me some ideas. (keep 'em coming...)

Elaine :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Opalgryphon
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2010 05:06:14 AM »

So...uh....you wouldn't mind if there was someone in Texas running around in something similar would you? lol I'm sooo thinking about running to Walmart after work to see what I can scrounge up!

I for one am glad to know that I need a "huge" 2x shirt to make this because I'd rather not buy something too small...how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?  I'm 5'7" and don't think I'd want it *any* shorter than yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RenDuH

Let's go ask Mr. Beardsley. MISTER BEARDSLEEYY!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2010 12:38:01 PM »

that is so awesome!! His chin is a little ....i dunno the words...different?

Thanks!  lol

You made this shirt 10 times better! It looks great on you. Now I'm thinking that I want the one with the bats to make a cute shirt for myself. I couldn't carry off the mini dress!  Wink

Hehe thank you!  ^__^

I sure do love it when skinny girls post about how "huge" a 2x shirt is and how they can take something made for ginormous freaks like me and turn it into a cute dress.  Embarrassed No kidding, it really is cute. And no kidding, people who wear a 2x or larger maybe aren't going to enjoy your exclamations of shock and horror at the size of our clothes.

I'm sorry if it offended you, or anyone else, and I'll change the wording, because I don't want to offend anyone.
First off though, I'm nowhere near "skinny".  I'm not "fat", and I don't say I am (I'm a realist), but I'm not skinny.  Just because the photos might make me look thin doesn't mean that I am--the dress just fits me correctly.  I'm 165 pounds (which is about 20 pounds overweight for my height; and again, because I'm a realist, I admit that's not a lot, but it's still overweight, and I am still unhealthy--meaning still at risk for things like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and heart disease), and physically, I have stretch marks covering so much of my thighs and lower stomach that you'd think I had had a baby.  My stretch marks are a minimum of 6 inches long on each of my legs, and extend up to above my hips, to the point that I wouldn't dream of wearing a bikini, and even if I wear a bathing suit, I have to have shorts on with it.  I've also got those same stretch marks all over my breasts and butt, which doesn't help my self image any more.  And yeah, my stomach jiggles like Jell-o even when I'm doing something as simple as walking down the street.  I may not weigh as much as some other overweight people, but I'm definitely not skinny.

What I'm trying to say here is that you may be offended because I called a 2XL shirt "huge", but I get offended when people call me "skinny", because I know it's not true.
Lesson of the day for BOTH of us:  perception can offend some people.

HOT

Thanks Cheesy

Amazing ! Thanks for the tut too - its given me some ideas. (keep 'em coming...)

Elaine :-)

Haha, I'm glad!  If you do something similar, shoot me a link--I'd be interested to see it!  ^__^

So...uh....you wouldn't mind if there was someone in Texas running around in something similar would you? lol I'm sooo thinking about running to Walmart after work to see what I can scrounge up!

I for one am glad to know that I need a "huge" 2x shirt to make this because I'd rather not buy something too small...how tall are you if you don't mind me asking?  I'm 5'7" and don't think I'd want it *any* shorter than yours.

lol, no problem.  I even saw a guy the other day wearing the shirt!  XD
I'm 5'8, and I have long legs, so as long as your legs aren't super long, a 2XL should work for you  :B
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 12:52:46 PM by RenDuH » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Master of all things spelling and grammar related.

.:RenDuH:.
whatthepuck
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2010 02:31:57 PM »

Best Halloween dress ever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honey Forever Vintage Etsy

Swaps
Everyday is Halloween
Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas and Friends
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Add a Dark Edge to a Photo
How to Use Blending Modes
How to Crop an Image
How to Customize a Sports Poster Template
How to Add a photo to a Sports poster
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...