A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
752 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Louder Than God's Revolver  (Read 1741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gala_apples
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010 12:42:57 AM »

And Twice As Shiny!

So basically My Chemical Romance has begun to release their new CD. It's incredibly epic, the concept this time around is a pirated radio broadcast set in post apocalyptic 2019. Just like they were The Black Parade just as much as they were MCR for their last cd, they're now the Killjoys. The Killjoys are a rebellious group that lives in the desert and tries to fight the government oppression group Better Living Industries with art and colour and music and ray guns.

Gerard has also said though, that's it's not just MCR that are the Killjoys, that the Killjoys can be anyone that fights the same way. The band has requested that people cosplay at their concerts, which are starting in a few weeks. The rest of my outfit is thrift store bought, so it's not applicable to post here. However, I did need a raygun.

This is one of the clearest examples of their guns (they each have a different colour, this one is Show Pony's [yes, they also have code names]).

I didn't want to make an exact replica of anyone's though, I want to be my own Killjoy. I started off with getting this from a thrift store:

And then I picked up some Krylon for plastic, and after about ten coats ended up with this:

My dad, who laughed at me the entire time for doing this, after he saw finished project he picked it up and started running around the house saying pew pew. (for the record, that means I WIN.) (for the secondary record, rayguns say crackle, not pew) After I wrestled it back I took a live picture:

I'm thinking of adding more, it's a bit plain for a Killjoy. I have black krylon as well, but I don't want to make it too similar to Party Poison (Gerard's) gun, which is yellow with black stripes. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it yet. Also, there's no point in making it too detailed, it is going to spend most of the night in a thigh sheath.

Finally, I'll leave you with their brilliant, true words: Art is a weapon against life as a symptom: Defend yourself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010 05:08:34 AM »

I just watched the new video on FB, so I knew right away where the first picture came from. I *heart* the new song. Okay, now that's done...
  Your ray gun looks great! I would maybe (if you can) hand paint some words on there. Like lyrics from the song? Or your Killjoy name? Even if no one sees it at the concert, it would make a cool shadowbox display afterwards. Especially if you could take pictures at the concert. Unfortunately, I know from experience that it's very hard to do. Tongue Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
eskimocha

I like to pretend I'm Buddy Holly.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010 07:03:26 AM »

I'd add pink to it! But, I think that's just me. I'm a little obsessed with things that are pink and yellow...
I adore MCR and I totally agree with the shadowbox thing. As long as it doesn't get wrecked at the show, you should save it! Fond memories, my friend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a crooked tree, growing strong and growing strange.
My Wist!

Wist Swap: Sent! *anxiety*
Pick Me Up Swap: Crafting!

I adore personal swaps! PM me!
sisterspooky
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010 01:30:37 PM »

eee! love it.  as soon as I saw your topic title I got very excited.  I need a ray gun too but may keep searching in case mine gets taken away at my venue (stupid security spoiling my killjoy fun!)  i'm trying to make a holster though so it has the same effect as the rest of my costume.

ART IS THE WEAPON; MY WEAPON IS DIY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kirastorm
storms of creativity

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010 12:33:39 AM »

omg thats fantastic! i am flailing all over the place and making noise.

so what would your killjoy code name be?

and the gun makes me think 'look alive sunshine' because of the color used. so totally prefect!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

living with an inferno doesn't mean it has to swallow you whole, you just have to know when to feed the flames.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=38663
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Living Iambic Pentameter
Sherri Browning Erwin Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Paul Malmont Talks About Jack London in Paradise
Tony and Angela DiTerlizzi Read from Big Fun!
Joseph Maroon Explains the Term Xenohormesis
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...