A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crochet and knitting patterns from 70s  (Read 27262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Scarlet
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2005 12:59:32 AM »

Thanks Prunille,

I love that red / gold wrap top it is soooo amazing and thanks for taking the time to translate the pattern!

I have lots of old 70's and 60's patterns and when i get the chance i will post some up They are french magazine "mon Tricot" which have been translated and republished for the English / Irish market.

Will get those up as soon as possible!

Thanks again, & if i get this knitted i will post the pictures  :-D

Scarlet
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2005 06:09:44 AM »

Okay guys, I'm really sorry this took soooo long, but we got a new computer and this is how long it took me to have the drivers and software reinstalled for the scanner. Lame, really !

So anyhow, I've just finished uploading the scans of the original patterns in french if some of you still feel like translating them.
There's the blue lay bikini + purple crochet cape (that's pics number 1 & 3 in the crochet pics on first page of post)
And the two one piece swimsuits (with assorted mohair jacket), and the off-white lacy top and jacket (all in all, the 4 first "knit" pics)

You'll find those there 

Let me know if there's anything I forgot, and really once aagin, sorry for the delay, I didn't forget you guys but i beensooo busy..

Hope this will be of some use. Don't any of you forget to post a pic if you ever knit one of those !   Wink
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005 06:12:42 AM by prunille » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
athena404
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2005 09:30:38 PM »

yay!!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sambot
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2005 10:38:35 AM »

Hey, I even recognize one of the sweaters - the turqoise & grey stringy number. It was in an English edition of Mon Tricot. Anyone interested in the pattern? I'd be happy to root through my pattern books and scan it in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesskate
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2005 11:04:26 AM »

So anyhow, I've just finished uploading the scans of the original patterns in french if some of you still feel like translating them.

Thank you so much Prunille!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
luv2stitch

Sometimes it's knit and sometimes it's crochet.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2005 11:14:11 AM »

Thanks for posting the pattern translations in English. I'll try to post pics of any finished projects. Now that the holidays start next week, I'm really backed up with items that need to be finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BellaDesigns
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2006 05:18:02 PM »

How can I get a copy of the knitted bathing suit pattern and do you know of any other patterns for knitting a boycutt bottom.  If you can email me the patterns or links I would appreciate it very very much

Thank You

Bella Designs Wear What You Are

Lorri
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2006 11:41:15 PM »

How can I get a copy of the knitted bathing suit pattern and do you know of any other patterns for knitting a boycutt bottom.  If you can email me the patterns or links I would appreciate it very very much

Thank You

Bella Designs Wear What You Are

Lorri

I gave the link to the scans of the patterns for those bathing suits just a couple posts above. The blue one piece is "maillot bretelles" (get the "maillot1" & "maillot2" I think) and the pink onepiece is "maillot cordelette" ("maillot2" & "maillot3" I guess)... Obviously, like I said before they're in french.
I wrote a dictionary of french knitting terms that you can find here if you need some help with that....  Wink
(or I can also translate for a fee, just PM me)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
Nuusa
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2006 10:27:04 AM »

Isn't your 'encyclopedia of crafts' called 'Les doigts d'or'?
I think I've got the same book xDDD
I've five of them and I love them so much *___* That's so funny to watch all these clothe...
I have so much fun when I see the difference between 70s and nowadays, specially in the 'sport' clothes xDDD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tenille
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2007 07:54:12 AM »

I know nothings been added to this post in a while, but I noticed the blue cape in the picture. I translated the pattern for someone else last month It's in this thread.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=138923.0 

I'm not sure that I translated it completely correctly. Someone could take a look if they wanted to make that one. It would at least save quite a bit of primary translation. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designers in the Beauty Business at NYFW
Fresh DIY Beauty Scrub Recipe from LUSH
Lipstick Does More Than You Think
Easy Nail Art Tutorial
Night Out Eye Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...