A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
677 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living 3: Have Yourself a Frugal Little Christmas Gallery  (Read 16174 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2010 07:17:18 AM »

Thank you, I am much better.  I still have the sniffles but I am now fully functional.  This "crud" is going around the Seattle area and is very much flu like.  My darling hubby brought it home from work to share with me.  Everyone so far has had cold like symptoms for a week, then get slammed hard by flu like symptoms.  We've all had to go on antibiotics to kick the "crud."  My hubby is very much a lay and watch TV 27/7 kind of guy.  I on the other hand want everyone to leave me alone in a quiet room.  Usually, I read but my mind couldn't take that much "noise."  Instead, I bonded with a few new sets of circulars I'd purchased.  During my horizontal, head glued to the pillow haze, I made 3 new very simple hats and a wool coffee cup cozy (that I still need to felt), and napped on and off for 3 days.  It is brilliant to be vertical and in the land of the living again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2010 11:48:33 AM »

I received yesterday from MamanTattoo, and here's all my lovely goodies, they arrived whilst my little man was around so excuse the not so great photos of what I received, bless him he likes to get amongst everything which can make it tough getting good photos.

Ok without further ado I received:
Recycled crayons (it appears that they didn't make it into the photo oops!)
3 Dryer balls (have to try these out)
An embroidered felt stocking for my little fella (great stitching, much better than I can do)
A set of the cutest woodland creatures to decorate our tree (Might have these around Noahs room all year round as they're not typically Christmas (which is great)
A stand up recipe book which is perfect for my hubby who loves to cook.
A Coupon clutch with separaters for the different types of coupons, perfect as I'm always forgetting mine.
and last but not least, a wooden peg family based on me, hubby and Noah. My boy has not left these alone since I unpacked them, he insists on kissing them several times a day Smiley

Group shot

Noah kissing his woodland creatures

My family, these are so cute.  Grin
Thank you so much Andreann I love everything <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

polkadotts

Life is good when your HEART's in the right place

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2010 08:15:46 AM »

Received from Suzeqz an awesome "pink" frugalistic package of greatness.
The whole loot minus the chocolate biscotti & one bag of pralines....a reversible booty bag, spa bag filled with goodies, giant mug with hand painted butterflies, moon pads, fabric napkins, & a dish scrubbie.

the insides of the spa bag......butterfly soap, lavender tea bags, chamomile green tea eye teas, socks, and a bath fizzie

the reversed side of the booty bag

Thanks sooo much Suz, I love it all and the biscotti / pralines were to die for.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010 08:22:05 AM by polkadotts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What's better than Pink, Butterflies, Glitter, Mermaids, Fairies & Angels......NOTHING!!!
Time to load up the Unicorn and head to the rainbow!!!
suzeqz

Easily distracted by shiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2010 01:41:07 PM »

And I got mine from Polkadotts! LOTS of wunnerful stuff!

An angel altar and a pearl charm bracelet ("In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit"), and a money-drawing charm bottle and a lovely pack of Tarot cards. (The best deck to use is one that is given to you!)

Tuscan-themed trivets (match my kitchen!).  A prism key ring, MORE pearls: bracelet and matching errings, shell beads and still MORE loose pearls!  (Yeah, she knows I like pearls...)  A dream pillow and a neat little felt booklet with landscape-cut pages.  And monogrammed notecards!

Thrifted patterns of classic business clothes (Polkadotts knows I just got promoted!) and a totebag pattern, for which I've already picked out fabric.  And instructions for these cute little gift boxes that look like purses that I'd Wisted -- perfect to stuff with a gift card and hang off the tree.

More great notecards, another prism (now, I do NOT remember telling her that I have a fascination with those things...how'd she know?!  Cheesy) and a delicious little multifaceted perfume flask.

And tons of beautiful tissue paper and ribbon to reuse!  SO MANY marvelous surprises.  Thank you, Polkadotts, for making my first swap so incredible!  Now I really can't wait for my next one.  (Tho, I'll have the shipping timing down better, eh?)

Polkadotts, you're the BEST!

suzeqz
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010 05:34:23 PM by suzeqz » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/suzeqz
Frugal Holiday 3 swap - first swap completed!
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2010 05:55:55 PM »

Wow, ladies!  Those are two very awesome packages! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vote now for the New-To-You Recipe Cooking Challenge!
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2010 08:18:08 PM »

I'm glad you like everything, Mink! It's great seeing what I did getting so much love Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
stellou
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2010 01:20:30 AM »

Oooh

I love the butterfly cup...and so does my son, he says it's his favourite Wink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

back to quilting...hurray and I dusted my art material Cheesy
yzzilnoaj
« Reply #77 on: November 21, 2010 06:31:50 AM »

Everyone has received such great packages!  Personally I am really proud of what I made because everything I used I already had or I found around the house...a first for me (not buying anything).  quaisior asked for Christmas wrapping and I did go a little crazy in that I sent her 10 gift bags and bows and gift tags....but I was inspired  Smiley. I have since sold a bunch at local craft fairs.  Anyways, thanks for a great swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

« Reply #78 on: November 21, 2010 02:34:17 PM »

Me too everything was from stash, and I know that was the idea but sometimes it's tempting to a buy more goodies when you're doing a swap Wink

Can't wait for you to receive MamanTattoo, maybe tomorrow?

Frugal note: Just got Netflix, DH has agreed to see how much we watch tv over Christmas (maximum viewing) and then maybe get shot of Cable or at the least go down to basic. It's been a long hard slog Ladies but three rounds of this swap have worn him down from Never to maybe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suzeqz

Easily distracted by shiny things

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 21, 2010 06:16:03 PM »

Oooh

I love the butterfly cup...and so does my son, he says it's his favourite Wink.

SO glad you and your son like the latte mug!  It was my first shot at freehand with a Vitrea paint pen; in the past, I've used stencils, but this time, I couldn't find one I liked.  I LOVE those pens -- a few years ago, I did holiday gifts for the office by painting everyone's name on a thrifted mug in calligraphy and filling the mugs with biscotti (my trademark, obviously!), but the pens are becoming hard to find.  Luckily, I had this one in my stash (and it hadn't dried out!), since Michael's used to have a huge selection, and now they're down to just a few colors.  Our brand-spankin'-new Hobby Lobby has none and hasn't heard of them, and I don't remember seeing them at Jo-Ann's either. I use them at work in the lab -- I number my ceramics, then bake per the directions. The only problem is that the paint is dishwasher safe only if you don't keep putting it back in the oven, and as my glassware gets "baked" after every wash, I have to redo my numbers a couple of times a year. (Still works better than a Sharpie.)  So, Polkadotts, don't bake your mug every week, and the paint should stay on!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/suzeqz
Frugal Holiday 3 swap - first swap completed!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Takes on the Printed Pants Trend
Olivia Wilde Shows Us How to Rock a T-Shirt
Style Sound-Off: Lady Gaga, Rihanna, and Beyonce
How to Find the Perfect Pair of Jeans
Fabulous Fall Fashion Finds For Under $30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...