A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frugal Living 3: Have Yourself a Frugal Little Christmas Gallery  (Read 17398 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

polutechnos
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2010 06:16:41 AM »

I thought you might wonder! It had to be forwarded up to me from my inlaws. The toffees are sooo good. Hubby said it was like Christmas come early  Tongue.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2010 07:17:53 PM »

Hey all!  We are in need of an angel for kanawinkie.  She lives in Australia, so someone in Australia/New Zealand would be great or someone who's willing to ship overseas!

Please PM Troublet and myself if you're interested.  If I don't hear from anyone by Sunday 9:00 EST, I will post on the angel board!

Thank you, puzzler!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010 05:55:52 PM by kaz814 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
varandra
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011 10:45:09 AM »

Hoping that people still look at this thread!

After a loooong trial of our patience, IdlersDesign's package finally found it's way to me! She sent the first time in early November, yes the FIRST time, the Swedish postal service messed up, the package never got to me and it was returned to the Netherlands. So IdlersDesign sent again, and after another loooong wait (wonder what the Swedish postal service has been up to?? Huh) I finally got the package in my hands yesterday. And what a package, well worth the wait! Thanks for sending again Idlers!

She said I was going to be spoilt, but I did not expect this!!

This is one of the most amazing things I've seen, a garland of tiny origami stars (I haven't counted but there must be hundreds!), made from paper scraps and old magazines. I had it on my wist, but in color, and thought "that would be so neat in silver and white", something IdlersDesign caught onto. It looks great in the bouqet of spruce branches I use for a Christmas tree.

Beautiful handmade candles, molded from old candle scraps.

Another thing of my wist. I'm trying to minimize the amount of plastic I use, which is sometimes tricky when grocery shopping. If I'm buying onions, no problem, I don't need to put them in a bag. But with grapes it's more difficult. Not a problem anymore with these light-weight produce bags made from cheese cloth! (:

A really cool surprise: Soap nuts! I've been wanting to try these for a while now, but you can only buy them in really large containers here. Now I have enough to test 16 washes before I decide if I want to buy or not. (: Also note the container the nuts are stored in, it's made from rolled up newspaper that's been glued together. Very cool.

A beautiful, reversible tote bag made from cotton with an African print and lined with striped Linen. Pardon the picture, which doesn't do the bag justice at all, the only camera I have at the moment is my phone... :/

This little pouch contains a folded up tote bag. It will go into my purse so that I always have a bag when I need one. No more plastic!

Apart from the goodies I've mentioned so far the package also contained: Butterscotch bonbons in a tin, Paper for crafting, Japanese themed Craft magazine, a really awesome crochet shower pouf, a metal candle holder, More cheesecloth and some cute japanese fabric. And a Chocolate C for my fianc who was supposed to pick up the package in the city. Now my brother and father delivered it instead, so they shared the chocolate with him. (:

Oh, and I made little gift bags from the wrapping paper! (:

Thank you so much IdlersDesign! This was one of the best swap packages I've ever recieved! I really appreciate all the thought and time you must have put into it!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap friendly. Friendly in general.

LOOKING FOR COFFEE PACKAGES ( the "heavy-plastic-bag-type") FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. CONTACT ME FOR PERSONAL SWAP. Smiley

Blog

Inspiration for swap partners:  wists
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011 11:07:33 AM »

OOOOH!  I adore that garland of stars!  And those bags and the soapnuts and case and ... what a FABULOUS package!  I'd say it was worth the wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IdlersDesign

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011 11:44:16 AM »

Yay, I'm happy and relieved it finally reached you and undamaged! I had a lot of fun making everything (the garland is one of my favs too, I might just make one for me too next year, if I can find the patience again.... Wink) so you can imagine I was worried it was lost somewhere in between our countries.

Thanks for posting the nice pics and thanks for swapping!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2011 12:14:58 PM »

Idlers - did you just melt the old candles and layer it?  How'd you do the wick?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mamaneedles
)O(

Homeschooling explains a lot of my crafts!

« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2011 12:36:11 PM »

it's an awesome package! I'm happy you finally got it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Previously known as MamanTattoo.
My Blog!
I made a chidlren's book about homebirth!!
IdlersDesign

« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2011 12:37:31 PM »

I indeed melt them (in tin pots I found in the thrift store and put them in a pan of hot water, so it's au bain marie) and pour them in a mold with wick. I buy the wick online from a lady in my region for about 1 dollar for 5 meter (good deal hey?). And 5 meter is a loooot of candles... Wink
It's a nice, relaxing, but very time consuming activity, as it usually takes me a whole evening to make them and you just can't stop in the middle of it to finish it later...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

`No one should do for me that which I can reasonably do for myself D.H. Lawrence

pinterest
kaz814
Cooking Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2011 09:16:30 AM »

One more package to go!  Come on international mail!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2011 03:20:08 PM »

coincidentally I had this other website open while reading this thread..there is a 'recipe' for making candles in a crockpot, using left over wax http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-to-make-candles-in-crockpot.html

clever stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrities Hit the Beach in Their Bikinis
Top 10 Ways to Wear a Little Black Dress
Top 8 New Year’s Eve Looks for Any Age
Top 3 Ways to Wear Nautical Stripes For Fall
Christmas Day Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...