A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,069
Currently Running With Scissors:
617 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pick me up swap Sendouts Nov.22 CLOSED  (Read 38895 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nobodyhasthisoneyet
« Reply #360 on: November 07, 2010 12:28:43 AM »

Hello all,

I've hit the workshop this weekend and made a good start on my goods... but it's not gone terribly well.

I've started with my big piece, the one I mentioned was quite ambitious by my standards and a bit more difficult than anything I've tried to sew before.

Well, that shows in the half-finished project.  It's not bad, and it does actually work, but it's not coming out how I saw it in my head and is really not as good as the other ones I've seen posted on Craftster made from the same pattern.  And when I say half-finished, I've done the easy half.  It's only going to get fiddlier, and I'm not much good at fine detail work.

I was banking on this thing turning out awesome and being the centrepiece of my package.  But since it's looking a bit ropey I'm going to have to make something else to be awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

No longer online regularly - if you need to contact me, try tweeting @artsieaspie.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
spidermom
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2010 08:11:33 AM »

omigoodness people are ready to ship?!?!  i better get crackin!!!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
Ryn
Aim To Misbehave

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2010 08:17:21 AM »

It's good to hear about everyone making such good progress (even if there are some hitches along the way), I'm making pretty good process, I'm really busy this week, but I only have a few small things to finish so I'll be sending out on Friday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taraston
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2010 09:39:30 AM »

Wow I have been so lax, I have just started crafting and have not been on here!  Sending out already!! AHHH  I am so behind.....   But I am off on Thursday and the whole weekend  coming up so I am planning and plotting. I did start one small thing but need to getr my behind in gear!
Have a great week everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

May a sunbeam warm you, a moonbeam charm you, and a craft idea hit like monkeys flinging poo.
Cinnapaste
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2010 10:10:14 AM »

Quick update!:
Sorry I haven't checked in more! I've been super busy with work and school. :/
School is always busy of course and then i've been working more because i'm saving money for a vacation to Florida in december! Smiley

I've started pretty much all of my items and am done with my large item. Smiley I really want to post teaser pictures but I keep making myself wait because I want to do them all at the same time when I send, plus I haven't asked Ilianora if she wants to see a teaser or not yet? Haha.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend (I didn't have a chance to read all of the back conversation yet.  :/ ...)
I'm off to do homework now. Oh joy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.- Winston Churchill

http://www.wists.com/Amandagator
aisy
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2010 11:29:00 AM »

Wow, what a rough week.  I missed a whole night of sleep to drive my boyfriend to Louisiana, during which we decided we couldn't be together since he'll be living in Texas for the foreseeable future.  I knew that was happening, but it's still catching me by surprise how different things are.  And I have to move on Sunday, but my mom and sister backed out of helping me.  So I guess I'm hiring someone to do that, though with what money, I'm unsure.  I've finally gotten some homework done, but now I'm not eating for some crazy reason.  Working to remedy that momentarily. 

On top of all that, all my craft stuff is packed.  So I can't even start on this or craft at all to help myself deal with it all.   

Well- that's a ton of change in your life. I'm sure once everything gets settled youll be able to start eating again. I'm really sorry- that sounds so stressful! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

PenguinSoup
Tutorial Contributor

Reject only your ignorance, and you may survive.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2010 01:37:04 PM »

I keep forgetting what I'm going to make my partner! I know what I am going to make but I just keep forgetting. I guess I should get some homework done before I try to craft to get my head in order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bakeneko
« Reply #367 on: November 07, 2010 01:39:45 PM »

Still have not decided what to make my partner the possibilities are endless
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Noobina
« Reply #368 on: November 07, 2010 01:46:26 PM »

Got some supplies yesterday, which definitely took a lot of stress away. I was buzzing away with my main project, but it started to look a little sloppy, so I started over today. It's going much smoother now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swaps = Yes, Please!
I finally have a wist! http://wists.com/Noobina
VegasZombie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Random? Random is good

You are what you is

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #369 on: November 07, 2010 02:47:06 PM »

I was buzzing away with my main project, but it started to look a little sloppy, so I started over today. 

I hear ya on that Noobina! Luckily I wasn't too far into it when I looked at it and said "Oh hell no." ha ha  But it all works out in the end right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for personal swaps!

Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/vegaszombie/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Trend Takeout: Quilting
Last Minute Halloween Ideas
3 Ways to Rock Turtlenecks
The Sandal Trend You Can Pull Off
Trade Secrets From Christene Barberich
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...