A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: quotes-y shoes (one green pair and one rainbow pair)  (Read 2140 times)
Tags for this thread: sneakers  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: October 11, 2010 07:09:48 AM »

Hey, all.  Grin

This is my first post here, so I hope I don't mess this up. Apologies for what may be overly large images. I'm not quite sure what would be a good size for posting.

Anyway, I love sneakers. The two pairs of sneakers are some sneakers I bought and made over. This first one I made about two years ago. It started as a pair of plain white sneakers with black soles, laces, and trim. They were a just a pair of cheap sneakers, $7. Here's how they look now:

This pair gets a lot of use and survived being stuck in a flood for 3 days. So, yeah, kind of scruffy-looking and dirty. I just wrote a couple of my favorite quotes all over the shoe in black sharpie. The green accent is just green acrylic. They faded a bit after the flood fiasco, but I haven't been able to buy acrylic paints again, so haven't been able to retouch them. The soles have gotten really thin, so I decided to make a new pair about a month ago. Although I might recreate the green shoes again one day. But I was at the bookstore and I fell absolutely in love with the new multi-colored sharpie permanent markers. Which led to the new rainbow pair. This one's made with practically the same kind of sneakers, only all in white.

I started just having the lines following the lines of the shoe like the first one, but the rainbow sharpies were just too cute. Also, around the third or fourth time I used them, they got wet in the rain and some of the colors bled. I was kind of frustrated at first, it was supposed to be permanent markers and I never had that problem with the black sharpie. I don't know why the colors of this pair bled a little. But after the initial frustration, I still think the shoes are still pretty cute.

(one of my fave Gaiman quotes from Books of Magic)
The multicolored ribbons are laces I made for the shoes. I found the white laces that came with the shoe pretty boring, so I bought a couple of meters of ribbons and made these laces. I may be adding more colors to my collection sometime. If you're ever making ribbon laces, get the laces with hemming on the sides. Trust me, speaking from experience here, those without hemming fall apart. I made aglets using green thread I had in my stash and clear nail polish using the tutorial on Ian's Shoelace Site: http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/agletthread.htm. Here's a close-up of one aglet:

Thanks for looking.  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010 07:14:06 AM by zzdia » THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
StickerChic87
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010 08:42:19 AM »

These are sooo cool! Great job! The green ones are my favorite Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Faesissa
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010 11:57:52 AM »

These are really cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is an artwork without an eraser.
librarylover
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010 09:03:37 PM »

What a great idea! These must be really fun to wear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zzdia

oh-my-golly-wow-bananas

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010 10:16:22 PM »

thank you so much for the comments.  Grin And yes, they are fun to wear. They're my feel-good shoes, especially the rainbow one. I can't help but grin whenever I see my feet when I'm wearing them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog :: pinterest

Swapping international? Read up on swapping tips!

Tomorrow is another day. Never say die. Tomorrow is the day I die
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get a Snooki Hair
How to Get Lauren Conrad Hair
How to Get the Half-Up Half-Down Look
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 2/2
How to Get Selena Gomez Hair Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...