A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
832 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat Crazy  (Read 868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nopocky4kitty
« on: October 09, 2010 04:55:46 PM »

So I'm a cat fanatic and ended up making all these cat related jewelry!  Because this is only my second post since joining this wonderful community, you'll have to visit the links to see what I'm talking about ^_^

This piece was inspired by an artwork by Japanese modern artist Yoshitomo Nara.  I tried to reproduce the drawing on a bottle cap, but it turned out to be an original work since it's so unrecognizable haha.  The materials used are just various fabrics I bought and shredded to create this design.  The lace part has bolts and fake pearls.  Overall I think it turned out very punkish and I like it a lot.

This cat brooch is somewhat simple and made out of leather, part of a zipper, light pink chiffon-like fabric, chains, and studs.  Simple, yet edgy ^_^

This cat-shaped brooch was inspired from too many drinking nights haha!  It's made out of black leather, a Sapporo beer bottle cap, a blue plastic rose bead, and chains.  I've made it into a brooch, but it can be worn as a pendant.

This one was made for a friend as a farewell present.  He loves Happy Tree Friends so I added a picture there and glued it in between pieces of plastic for durability.  The cat itself is made out of blue fabric and bordered with zippers.  The ears are yellow flannel and small buttons, the eyes are crocheted with a small green button on it or lined with brown lace and the happy tree friend picture.  The chain is just to give it an edgy feel and connects to the zipper going along the outside border.

This hair band turned out to be the favorite of my friends from when I showed them my initial design sketches.  It's quite simple and made entirely out of three zippers of varying colors and styles.  I've added the big black button, tiny buttons and zipper fastener to give it a bit more variety.

Broach made out of 3 fabric yo-yos, zipper, lace, shift key and cat button.

Broach made out of a fabric rossette, yo-yos, cat button, zipper, pearl, and a felt cat with a fastener for its tail and beads for its eyes and paws.

Bandit tech cat made out of fabric, buttons, beads, esc key and a burned out memory chip.

Cat made out of a yo-yo, Sapporo beer cap, organza, and some stitching.

Not a cat but cute nevertheless ^_^

So what do you guys think?

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011 08:28:00 AM by nopocky4kitty - Reason: Added more handmade items » THIS ROCKS   Logged
shadowbox

You can catch me cutting paper snow flakes in hell

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010 05:59:20 PM »

I'm not much of a cat-lady myself, but I adore the second and the last pieces.  Wonderful Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cephalopod Swap! - Organizing - Sent!

Gnome Swap - Crafting! - Sent

One Tiny Mustache Swap - Organizing - Sent 1/2

I am looking to do some personal swaps, I need wall art and lots of it!
random70435
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010 06:02:44 PM »

These are neat! I especially like the punk cat one. I don't wear a lot of jewelry, but other people might buy them... anyway, it couldn't hurt to try, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mink_bikini

A very proud Craftster best of 2012 awardee

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010 06:08:46 PM »

These are amazing, I'm not the type of person that buys things from other people even, I always think I can make it myself (craftsteritis I call it) but if I saw these on Etsy I would definitely definitely make someone else buy them for me  Wink

My fave is the zipper one  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eskimocha

I like to pretend I'm Buddy Holly.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010 07:01:10 PM »

These are super awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a crooked tree, growing strong and growing strange.
My Wist!

Wist Swap: Sent! *anxiety*
Pick Me Up Swap: Crafting!

I adore personal swaps! PM me!
nopocky4kitty
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010 07:30:48 PM »

Thanks for the comments guys! It seems the zipper one is the fave all around ^_^ Maybe I can make more versions but dang, it's so hard making things more than once.  I like to just make it and move on to something new haha.  Currently I'm thinking of making pendants and bracelets. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Crayon and Water Color Combo Fish
How to Start Seeds Using Toilet Paper Rolls
How to Make Seed Balls for The Garden
How to Make a Craft Bendy Rainbow Picture
How to Make a Craft Bottle Cap Buddy Magnet
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...