A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: At Least in My Mind Dress  (Read 5127 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewingmachinemadness
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2009 01:00:38 PM »

i love the fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fromvenuswithlove
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009 02:31:21 AM »

I love this pattern, I've made A in a cotton plaid (i really should get around to posting it!)

I have this pattern and I'm waiting to do views A and B in a wool plaid.  Actually, a couple different plaids.  I'm glad to see that it fits a real person Smiley, since I have to make my bodices longer and accommodate bigger boobs than any of the models they use in the pictures.
definitely make the bodice longer! I read a few reviews on patternreview.com and they mentioned the bodice is too short. I measured the paper pattern and then myself and i think the ladies at patternreview.com were spot on.  I added a couple of cm and it worked out perfect - I dont usually alter patterns, so yeah, if you usually alter the bust you'll definitely need to for this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009 09:58:53 AM »

If you wanted to fix the belt loop you could add interfacing to them. That should help prevent them from stretching out. I'd test on a scrap first though as some stretchy materials melt under heat.

I like the fabric a lot! It's interesting and I bet the dress is comfy. I don't know if I like it made into a dress but It could just be the shine from the flash. Smiley If YOU like it isn't that what matters though? If it makes YOU feel good, pretty, and confident then what does it matter what any of the rest of us think. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sulrij
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009 07:46:24 AM »

I tried making The middle dress for Christmas out of a Shantung and had issues also. The pattern calls to cut 2 pieces for the skirt, but it looked odd with a seam down the middle, especially for hte fabric I used. i bought more fabric and am going to try it again cutting the skirt on the fold and see how that turns out. You'd think for such a simple dress, it wouldn't be that difficult. Good luck on your second one! Cute Dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Sassy
psychobillybutterfly

I'm a Psychobilly Nerd and Proud

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010 07:02:26 PM »

I like it, very pretty on your skin tone. I'm working with this pattern and apparently my boobies are three dress sizes bigger than I thought.  The muslin I made looks beautiful on my mannequin but the botice cuts right across the middle of my chest.  Horrid Sad  Any advice would be great
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ugly. Is irrelevant. It is an immeasurable insult to a woman, and then supposedly the worst crime you can commit as a woman. But ugly, as beautiful, is an illusion. - Margaret Cho

My Wist - http://www.wists.com/psychobillybutterfly
My Pinrest - http://pinterest.com/sewsarcastic/
graverobbergirl
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010 06:50:34 AM »

Yay! for not listening to fabric recommendations (I rarely do!), even if it is a bit too stretchy. If you're afraid of the stretch on something that's meant to be done in wovens, you can always try interfacing it before sewing piecing it.

I think the fabric's print is great! More 60s than 50s, but so retro and it looks great on you! Very nice work, especially with the difficulties the fabric caused you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
AdrienneP
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2010 06:38:09 PM »

This is a great dress for you; the length is absolutely PERFECT and I love the color. What a cute pattern Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Emo Hair
How to Treat Dandruff
How to Use a Round Brush to Curl Hair
How to Use Hair Straighteners
How to Use Heated Rollers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...