A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Loop-d-Loop"  (Read 53564 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rebeldaisy
here's the yadda yadda yadda and the blah blah blah

Some where between what you want and what you need

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2006 08:29:23 PM »

Neither of these pictures are great, but I do not have anyone who can take a picture for me so the bathroom pictures will have to do.  These are both made with Cotton-ease doublestranded.

This is the steek vest, I made it longer then suggested just by increasing the ribbing.

This is the ballet t.  Which I again made a lot longer for a less cropped look.  I also added little sleeves to it.

Sorry about the bad pictures! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spirals420
I swear to the stars... I'll burn this whole city down

turn it up, so you know it's got soul... jellyroll

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2006 08:30:46 PM »

those are super! i need to make more stuff from this book!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess76
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2006 06:54:49 AM »

Lovely- thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedali

I don't know what that means. - Brennan

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2006 07:45:08 PM »

Ooh, rebeldaisy, I love your ballet tee. Did you use the same gauge called for in the pattern? I love that pattern, but some of the pictures I've seen of the finished products make it look kind of meshy, and I'd really like to be able to wear it without having to put a camisole or something underneath it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This is why I suggested attack dogs, but no, my mother wanted an alpaca.- Logan, Veronica Mars

http://redheadedali.livejournal.com
rebeldaisy
here's the yadda yadda yadda and the blah blah blah

Some where between what you want and what you need

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 21, 2006 05:14:28 PM »

Ooh, rebeldaisy, I love your ballet tee. Did you use the same gauge called for in the pattern? I love that pattern, but some of the pictures I've seen of the finished products make it look kind of meshy, and I'd really like to be able to wear it without having to put a camisole or something underneath it.

I made the smallest size, and it does stretch a bit (the picture doesn't really show this).  My gauge was just about spot on.  Just to give any idea of how small this shirt really is, I weigh about 108 pounds, and it does stretch a bit on me.  I don't know how it could fit anyone with out a lot of stretching.  Hope that helps!  I think it would be pretty easy to adjust the pattern, just look at the pattern and see where they added stitches for the larger size, and add a few more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brightlights
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2006 10:30:12 AM »

SO I made the steek tank, and when i tried it on the medium was too big, and my cast on edge was too tight to fit over my hips....  So I frogged it, not a big deal since it didn't take long to knit, I cast on for the small last night, and tried to do a really loose cast on edge, but after knitting a couple inches of the ribbing I think it might still be too tight.  Any advice on how I can check if its too tight before I knit the whole thing again?  I would have cast on the a bigger needle but 15s are the biggest I own.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princasss
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2006 08:48:31 PM »

I finished this scarf months ago but figured now would be a good time to share it with the world Grin This is the corkscrew scarf and I love it and get a lot of compliments on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Necia
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2006 07:31:07 AM »

Can you cast on with a 15 and say a smaller needle.  Just hold them side by side and do your thang.  It might feel awkward, but it should get the job done.  If you need a really really loose cast on you can always cast on using both 15's.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SylvChezPlum
Knitting and crocheting in France

J'adoooore Crafster !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: May 07, 2006 09:30:52 AM »

So I made a yoke vest a few months ago (posted here too) with some brownish recycled yarn from Tibet (how cool is that !). I love it but haven't been able to wear it yet due to pregnancy... ;-)

Anyhow, then my friend Anouschka came over and saw it, and she said she wanted to knit one as well .. So she left with the leftover yarn (plenty  enough for a second one), circs and stitchmarkers (17 needed !). She finished it a couple weeks ago but just sent me the pics:

That's her modelling it in Brittany. Mmm, barefoot in the sand by the ocean  I'm jealous ! And then on her little boy too...  ;-)

Don't know if you can see well on that pic, (didn't want to post a huge pic) but because she's quite tall she started with a few extra rows of st. st. before starting on the actual pattern instructions, and yet it was still not enough so she added some ribbing down the waist after she was finished.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Patterns & free Patterns: ChezPlum - Blog - Etsy -
Rav - Craftsy
snowwhitesuicide
Thrash&Burn

Another twenty-something knitter with an attitude.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: May 11, 2006 11:58:55 AM »

I'm halfway through the ballet top for my daughter...but it's coming out way smaller than I thought...so now it's a gift for my roommates daughter...

For anyone planning to knit the kids version, it's like a 7 or 8 hour knit, not bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kicked Up Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Emeril Lagasse Talks Food Trends
How to Make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Top Summer Beach Foods With Marc Summers
How to Make a Turkey Sandwich Using Pepper Chutney
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...