A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Projects from "Loop-d-Loop"  (Read 55893 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

so soon
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2005 08:38:40 AM »

I just finished the one-shoulder tunic! I bought this yarn to make the steek vest, but it worked much better for this pattern.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010 07:57:13 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
waterpolocathy
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2005 09:49:41 AM »

that is SO amazingly gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisonegoesupto11
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2005 10:03:33 AM »

so soon, that's beautiful!  i love the color.  i've been wanting to make that top but i wasn't sure how it would look on me since the model is flat as a board and i'm not.  but yours looks great so maybe i'll try it!  what yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dramageek
« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2005 04:54:46 PM »

So I ordered the Knitpicks Panache for the Lace Leaf pullover, and it is absolutely gorgeous - so soft, and the color is wonderful. Sadly, though, I don't think it's going to work for the sweater. I could have sworn that it called for a gauge of 3 stitches to the inch, but when I went back and reread the pattern, I realized that the gauge is actually 2.5 stitches an inch. The Panache label states that gauge is 3-3.5 stitches an inch. Oops. I played around and sort of got gauge on size 13 needles, but I don't like the resulting fabric - too floppy. Bummer. I'll use the Panache for something since I adore the color, but I would have loved this sweater in that yarn.

I went to School Products yesterday looking for something to use, maybe some Lamb's Pride Bulky. Well, I found the Lamb's Pride to be too itchy and stiff, and I didn't like any of the colors. When I mentioned to the sales girl that I was obsessed with a sweater from Loop d Loop, she immediately knew it was the green one with the leaf :-)
She steered me to an unlabeled merino-cashmere blend that seems a bit stiff initially, but they have a washed swatch there and in becomes unbelieveably soft and thick once it's washed. So I bought a skein to play with in a beautiful foresty green, and it looks like I may have found a winner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frozen_peas
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2005 05:22:28 PM »

I just wanted to post a quickie regarding the very first project (the tank):
Anyone seen Matrix/MR/MR? Because

the movie's "real world" costumes are just like this! Color, raggy-look, and all. This is an ok pics, but yeah. More reference, if you feel like looking. Links, because I felt like I was already pushing it with the biggish pic:
http://milkplus.blogspot.com/matrix%20ship.jpg
http://www.scifi.sk/Matrix/archiv/photos/trinrags.jpg

I didn't read the whole thread, so if anybody has already made my (random and mostly pointless) point, sorry!

Great work everybody on everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MMMmmm... summer.
so soon
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2005 08:30:07 PM »

I used OnLine Linie 15 "Orlando" that I bought from Elann.

Here is the link http://secure.elann.com/productdisp.asp?NAME=ONline+Linie+15+%2D+Orlando&Season=&Company=&Cat=ALLY&ProductType=5&OrderBy=&Count=56

I used size 11 circulars, and the gauge was just barely smaller than sugessted. The width of the finished garment was about 1/2" smaller than described in the pattern.

One problem though- what to wear underneath? I think I'm going to have to get some pasties before I wear this outside my apartment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

selling shoes, knitting sweaters
http://www.anothershopgirl.blogspot.com
Meet me on Ravelry. My profile: shopgirl
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2005 05:35:28 PM »

Here's my finished ballet t-shirt to add to this thread.

Ta da.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
linda63pt
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2005 06:14:51 PM »

Here's my finished ballet t-shirt to add to this thread.

Ta da.
Looks great!  What size did you make?  I was confused for the size said 28.5 " chest for the largest size!  That is a little bit small to me for an adult! What yarn did you use?! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2005 08:26:43 PM »

thanks linda63pt!  Smiley i made the small/med size.  the fabric is very stretchy so keep it in mind when trying to figure out which one to make.  i am a 36B/borderline C.

Oh and I used the yarn that was recommended in the pattern, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece.  I used the color Pinkaboo.  The yarn is good stuff.  Feels awfully nice, especially for cotton.  Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
ijsblokje
is superbacana

gypsy punk

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2005 09:57:05 PM »

wow, that is so pretty, especially with the necklace!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...