A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,543
Currently Running With Scissors:
605 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: dress and scarfs, some things i've been playing with...  (Read 2913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kynshiri
« on: October 09, 2010 12:24:33 AM »

I had this idea that I wanted to do something with poppies...and i like free style embrodery, so I gave it a try... worked out really nice I think. I'm thinking about making a miniskirt with the same flowers on the bottom.

Then I have an other scarf... I mixed and matched the colors and materials and desided I wanted to make something out of those things. it became this scarf and i like it, yet there's something that is bothering me and I can't put my finger on it  Undecided
someone with an opinion??  Tongue

and last but not least I made another retro dress. I found this fabric in a second hand shop and I just had to buy it  Grin i wanted to give the dress a little extra by adding orange accents. I also took an orange zipper for that reason, but again I'm a bit doubty iff that was the right choice  Roll Eyes

and one of the fabric !

THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010 12:48:24 AM »

I am in love with that poppy scarf! Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BettyBravo
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010 03:24:03 AM »

I, too, am in LOOOOVE with the poppy scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you've lost your ticket to paradise, make sure you have money for the bus" -Pokey Lafarge
MissFrosty
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010 05:58:30 AM »

Great work! Love scarf nr1 and the dress. The purple scarf however, is nice, but the purple poppy things bothered me Huh, don't know about you.. But, in all, great work on scarf nr.1 - it's absolutly fab! Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Do you know what I like about Christmas? It's not the giving, it's not the recieving - it's the loving! - Merry Christmas" Garfield
graverobbergirl
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010 06:41:29 AM »

Those poppies are very intense (crazy amount of work, I'm sure)!

I like the purple pom-poms on the second scarf! Maybe it's the white lace or silver ruffle throwing it off?

That dress is so perfectly retro, in the lines, the trim, and the fabric.

Nice work all around!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Duct tape? That stuff's a rip-off! I make my own tape."-Joe Garrelli, Newsradio

My Etsy

Just Another Crafting Blog
Jonny boy
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010 08:17:25 AM »

That scarf with freehand poppies... I find it absolutely high class. Perfect composition and in a style that I really love. It has its place at a designer exihibition.

The second scarf is really freestyle, and a hit too. Would easily pay for it in a fashion boutique, if I was looking for a special thing as a gift or something. I agree with graverobbergirl about the silver ends though. Maybe its what should be lost for the scarf to lift.

Nice dress too. Id like to get my hands on a couple of yards of the fabric... I think that the choice of an orange zipper is perfect. A visible zipper that gives the garment a well designed touch.

Well done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kynshiri
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010 12:14:42 PM »

yeah well the second scarf keeps on playing in my mind. Mostly I start from 1 idea and just go from there. with that one i started from a pile of lace, satin and ribbon I had put together not knowing what exactly i wanted to do with it. At that time it looked perfect together, but now I'm wondering what's off with it... I tried leaving the satin of, but then it looked plain and not Chic. and the purple on the other hand was necessary to give it some extra spice... grr the line between off en right on top can be so thin...

also good to hear that the visible zipper does not bother people... I had my doubts if that would look unprofessional... ow and the fabric was just a coupon I dug up, so I'm afraid I don't have a clue if there even still exists any more of it

and as for the poppies: yes I spend quite some hours on that, but when I can ready see the way I want something to become, I can go for hours to get it done  Cool
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010 12:19:34 PM by kynshiri » THIS ROCKS   Logged

chineseathena
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010 07:45:29 AM »

The poppy scarf is adorable, and I think that design would look absolutely amazing on a skirt or dress. As for the purple scarf, I think the problem for me is the ruffle at the end. I would take it off, or you could redo it to make it super ruffly. Good job overall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThriftNSnip
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010 09:49:08 AM »

did you do the poppy embroidery by hand, or with a machine?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kynshiri
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010 10:36:13 AM »

with a sewing machine. by hand would have taken forever  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Shadow Boxes - Dreamweaver
How to Create a Glossy Textured X - Adobe Photoshop
How to Tween - Adobe Flash CS3
How to Create a Digital Firework Part 2/2 - Adobe After Effects
How to use the Displacement Filter - Adobe Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...