A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What way would you like Yarnies Vs Sewists R3 to be?  (Voting closed: October 16, 2010 09:01:14 PM)
1 partner, 1 medium - 1 (7.1%)
Holiday themed- 1 partner, 1 item - 1 (7.1%)
Claim Style- Check out the current discussion to see how we want to set it up - 12 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 15358 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2010 10:15:09 PM »

Pixieval, I use those clips for tons of things.  The most common for me are clips for messenger type bags.  I've also used them on the handles of lunch boxes, so they can be attached to bike handles or backpacks or carseat headrests, so lunches don't get smashed.  I've seen smaller versions used on lanyards and keychains so you can detach sets of keys, but still keep them handy.  I lucked out and found a pack of 50 or so clips at a thrift store on a road trip for $3.  What a bargain!
*headsmack* I thought they were attached to the draft dodgers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2010 11:08:27 PM »

LOL @ Pixieval, that's a good one. That would drive me crazy too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2010 02:30:27 AM »

Very cool!
But what are the clips for?

If you put them on a bag strap, they make it both adjustable and removable.  Smiley  They're great for large bags when you want to switch between short carry straps and a long crossbody strap.  I'm assuming DQH gave them to me because she knows I want to design and embelllish bags of all kinds.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2010 02:54:49 AM »

I'm happy you liked everything, goddessgarb.  I knew I had to claim you when I saw those hankies on your wist & I had the fabric sitting on my ironing board.

Pixieval, I use those clips for tons of things.  The most common for me are clips for messenger type bags.  I've also used them on the handles of lunch boxes, so they can be attached to bike handles or backpacks or carseat headrests, so lunches don't get smashed.  I've seen smaller versions used on lanyards and keychains so you can detach sets of keys, but still keep them handy.  I lucked out and found a pack of 50 or so clips at a thrift store on a road trip for $3.  What a bargain!

Wow, I wanna shop with you!  LOL!  Seriously, that's so cool about the fabric.  Where did you buy it???  I'd love yards of that stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Disco Queen Highness
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010 09:49:56 PM »

Actually, my friend and I are making flannel rag quilts for lots of our family for Christmas this year.  Those were one of the sets of leftover ones that she had.  She'd been trying to cram them in every quilt possible and they just weren't working with all of the primary colored kiddy quilts she's been working on.  We've got a growing stack of onsie, twosie mismatched squares that we're trying to work into corners here and there.  Anyway, I nabbed that particular set to give to you and save her sanity.  I think originally she started out with 2 yards of it and bought it on sale at JoAnn's.  They've got it for $2.50/yd at least once a month.  Good luck on your search!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap for this knit Death Flake hat

Wists
Etsy
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2010 10:17:47 PM »

Joann's?  Seriously?  I didn't think I'd ever seen anything that cool there in the flannels.  I will SO check that out.  I want a flannel quilt made of THAT flannel.  LOL!  I'm saving flannel squares for two quilts, too, btw.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brielauren
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2010 11:00:57 PM »

i work at joanns (even though i dont support their ridiculous pricing on most things)  and they stocked a TON of flannels because of winter. if you wanted to know if your store had a specific fabric just find the sku number from the website and tell the people at the store to do a stock search. dont let them lie to you, they can do it haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
gingerpeachy
Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

« Reply #127 on: November 17, 2010 10:17:11 AM »

I've already received from BOTH of my claim partners.  Unfortunately, the cats have already ran off with the lovely cat toys that Spoopy made.  If you took pictures, please post them for me.  It may be awhile before I find the cat's secret stash.  I also received a lovely ball of mango coloured fun fur.  Thanks so much Spoopy Smiley

Here's the package that DQH sent...

Holy MOHAIR!  She sent a TON of mohair yarn that she is allergic to, plus some stuff to make pot scrubbers with.  Love it!

Knitting needle pouch with some of my knitting needles in it.  this will prove to be very handy (plus I LOVE dark purple)

Here's a photo of the other side.

Thanks again Spoopy and DQH.  You're the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
Spoopy
« Reply #128 on: November 17, 2010 03:16:23 PM »

unfortunently I don't think I took any pictures of the toys because my own cats were trying to steal them every second.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2010 04:09:15 PM »

Awesome package! Too bad about the pics, but I'm guessing they are super loved since the cats already hid them! Cheesy

I will update everyone's statuses tonight, remember sendouts is December 1st!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Manicure Bible: How to Ace a Manicure at Home
How To Get A Quick Smokey Eye Look | MacDaddy Makeovers
Choose Your Own Eye-Venture
Get Glam With Gretchen: Best Makeup to Wear for a Workout
#Crisising: How to Look Good the Morning After
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...