A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What way would you like Yarnies Vs Sewists R3 to be?  (Voting closed: October 16, 2010 09:01:14 PM)
1 partner, 1 medium - 1 (7.1%)
Holiday themed- 1 partner, 1 item - 1 (7.1%)
Claim Style- Check out the current discussion to see how we want to set it up - 12 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 14245 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2010 11:06:32 PM »

WE'RE OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=362409.0;topicseen

I would love to do another round before the holidays, if there is interest. A couple of ideas..
1. 1 medium
2. Holiday themed, 1 medium item
3. Claim style, in the way of the ongoing wish swap. You would list either yarnie or sewist items that you would like(or both), and someone would claim you. You would get up to 1 claim(as a swap newbie) 2 claims(as regular Craftster member) 3 claims(as an FOC), and 2 weeks to craft. Looking for input as to what you guys would like to see!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010 08:19:40 AM by pixieval » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohiodiygirl
"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010 09:01:51 AM »

I just posted an idea for a poppet vs. amigurumi swap because I would love a poppet so actually I think the yarnies vs. sewists claim style would work because I already have an idea of what I want. Could you just do it as a claim your partner?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010 10:28:24 AM »

I think the claiming option is an interesting one! Would you have to have a sewer claim a yarnie who is then claimed by a sewer? Or would you limit lists to only sewn or knitted/crocheted items?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010 11:02:32 AM »

I just posted an idea for a poppet vs. amigurumi swap because I would love a poppet so actually I think the yarnies vs. sewists claim style would work because I already have an idea of what I want. Could you just do it as a claim your partner?
Definately!

I think the claiming option is an interesting one! Would you have to have a sewer claim a yarnie who is then claimed by a sewer? Or would you limit lists to only sewn or knitted/crocheted items?
It would go back and furth between a yarnie and a sewist, s claimed by y, y claimed by s, s claimed by y,
I thought I fun think about this option would be for those people who only want to make 1 item, they can claim once. For those of us who love to craft gigantic packages, they can claim over and over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010 11:05:36 AM »

That could be fun, though I can also see a small potential for the swap stalling a little bit... In the past, other ows-type swaps haven't always faired too well.  BUT, I'd be interested in trying. Smiley

Besides, limiting my claiming to what I know I had time for could help me stay out of trouble!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohiodiygirl
"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2010 12:34:18 PM »

i've never done a claim type swap.. so do certain size items equal a certain amount of claims? say for example I want a poppet but I crochet amigurumi's would I have to claim multiple people to equal 1 poppet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010 11:14:32 PM »

Yarnies versus Sewists again! Fantastic Smiley
But if you don't mind, I'd like to put my two cents in.  The second round I feel like I didn't live up to her giant package of awesomeness she sent me.
SO, the claim style sounds interesting as far as getting what you want and not feeling guilty of being spoiled but I was thinking maybe what would work better is kind of a cross between an IYP and the DIY craft kit swap I'm in where everyone lists what they can do and would love to get, and people can start to pair themselves before sign ups close. Because the thing is like lapoli mentioned already, the ongoing wishlist swap stalls a lot and it'll be difficult if say all the sewists get excited and use up all their claims immediately, and we're stuck on a yarnie.
THEN AGAIN, there were a lot of yarnies who were also sewists last round. Hmmmz. I suppose that would have to be taken into account so that a person isn't ONLY labeled as one if they do both.
Another idea would be to open it up to all fiber crafters and needle crafters also. I think it'd be fun to see some spun yarn, needle felting, versus embroidery, cross stitch, etc. That would open it up to more people and help keep from stalling. But in that case, I'm not sure I would make sewists claim from only yarnies and vise versa because im sure some yarnies would love some hand spun lol
Anywho, those are my ideas but I'm sure whatever comes out of this I will most likely be apart of. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010 11:33:29 PM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
brielauren
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2010 11:45:24 PM »

i am totally in for whatever style you guys end up going with. i had such a great time last round!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
craftaddiction
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010 09:58:53 AM »

What about doing it claim style, but like the birthday swap instead of the wish swap? That way you don't have to worry about it stalling. People could post their lists and you can claim anyone, not just the last to post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010 09:59:09 AM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
brielauren
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010 02:12:44 PM »

ooo! i like that idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to make a quilt from squares from other craftsters. want to send a square? lets swap!

i also would love to swap for handspun yarn!!!!!!!

Scarf Swap ~ Crafting
Spell My Name Swap ~ sent

http://wists.com/brielauren
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Joe Wallace Talks About His Book Diamond Ruby
Naomi Wolf on Her Powerful New Book Give Me Liberty
Author Becca Fitzpatrick Reveals Herself
Interview with Rick Springfield at Home in Malibu
Deadly Charm Book Announcement by Claudia Mair Burney
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...