A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What way would you like Yarnies Vs Sewists R3 to be?  (Voting closed: October 16, 2010 09:01:14 PM)
1 partner, 1 medium - 1 (7.1%)
Holiday themed- 1 partner, 1 item - 1 (7.1%)
Claim Style- Check out the current discussion to see how we want to set it up - 12 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 17236 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010 06:04:12 PM »

We would set up like the secret santa wishlist swap, possibly like the birthday swap(but I'm not too familiar with that one)

FOC can have 3 claim/wishes outstanding at a time
First Time Swappers can have 1 claim/wish outstanding at at time
All other swappers can have 2 outstanding claims/wishes at a time
No one may be picked an additional time until everyone has been picked.
I am going to not approve claims made to people who have been chosen 2 more times than they have claimed - to try and avoid a situation like someone gets picked 5 x and only sends out once.
Everyone's names will be listed with how many times they've claimed, followed by how many times they've been claimed. Like If I made 2 packages, and had one coming to me it would look like
pixieval: 2, 1
with it listed like that , if you see I've for another example, claimed 2x, but have been claimed 4x, you wouldn't be able to claim me. Or, if, like most swappers, you'd rather claim someone like this:
pixieval: 6, 2
you'd see that I've sent out 6 packages, but only have 2 coming back to me. It was totally my choice to send out 6, so you shouldn't feel obligated to send me a package, but I know I usually like to send to people who have send more than they are getting in return.

Make sense? I took the rules from:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351291
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010 06:14:25 PM »

I like the concept! But what if someone doesn't get claimed, or makes multiple claims but only gets claimed once? Could there be a rule that someone's who's been claimed more than (x) claims can't be claimed again if there are still people who haven't yet been claimed, or something of the sorts?

I was so spiked for this swap but my glasses just broke, so I'll have to make a new pair priority in my budget... Undecided I'll have to  seriously think about it because I'd love to participate.

The birthday swap works this way and they don't seem to have a problem. For example, the only person in that swap that hasn't been claimed yet, just signed up.
The organizer could post what people haven't been claimed.

Sorry about your glasses. Have you heard of zennioptical.com? Complete glasses start at $8. I got glasses and sunglasses from them. I'd order from them again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010 08:15:21 PM »

so basically I could list what I want and if someone claims me then I would claim someone else correct?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010 08:50:58 PM »

so basically I could list what I want and if someone claims me then I would claim someone else correct?

You wouldn't have to wait. Everyone would post their lists and you could claim, whoever, and whenever, you want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
pookiemccool

"Even when we're apart I can feel you next to me. There's a hidden love connecting us like voices on a string. Even when I'm alone I can tell you're with me. There's a hidden love connecting us and I'm holding on..."

I <3 swaps!

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010 08:52:54 PM »

but what happens if I don't get claimed??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010 08:58:00 PM »

Everyone will definately get claimed at least once.
What would happen is we would have signup dates, lets say 16-25 October. During that time, anyone can join, and lists will start populating.
on the 26th, signups would close, and we would continue playing and claiming for another 2 weeks.
The entire time, no one can be claimed for a second time, until everyone has been claimed at least once. People would have to send me a PM to say they want to claim so-and-so, and I would either respond by sending that person's address, or by saying, "No, I'm sorry, there are still people who have not been claimed at least one time."
Please keep any questions or hesitations coming. I'm going to post a poll if I can figure it out to the first post in this thread to see if this is a style a majority of people would like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2010 09:01:14 PM »

We have discussion going for Yarnies Vs Sewists r3, and we are thinking of running this swap a little differently this time. Just for R3. Let me know which way you'd prefer to do the swap.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361598.0
Discussion for the swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieVal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2010 09:03:00 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361841.0
Started a poll
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2010 10:51:14 PM »

I will totes join this swap.  I really like the claim style swaps, cause you can be sure that you can make something that the person you are swapping with will really like.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010 02:14:11 AM »

I have been stalking this thread for awhile as I am both a yarnie and a sewer.. I just voted as I would love a claim style swap.. I love the OWS and only join other swaps if they have a high interest for me (Tank Girl swap)..

I'm in for a claim style swap..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dudes Attempt A @Mac_daddyy Makeup Tutorial
Beauty Secrets From Celeb Makeup Artist Billy B.
Home Remedies for Acne
A Month Without Makeup; One Girl’s Quest to Find True Beauty
Beauty Routine Tips from Day to Night
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...