A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,025
Currently Running With Scissors:
464 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Poll
Question: What way would you like Yarnies Vs Sewists R3 to be?  (Voting closed: October 16, 2010 09:01:14 PM)
1 partner, 1 medium - 1 (7.1%)
Holiday themed- 1 partner, 1 item - 1 (7.1%)
Claim Style- Check out the current discussion to see how we want to set it up - 12 (85.7%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarnies Vs Sewists Holiday Wishlist Swap Discussion and Gallery  (Read 15127 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010 02:54:56 PM »

You guys are onto something really fun! The birthday swaps and there is that secret santa wishlist swap. We could do it like that, everyone has to claim at least once, and no one can be claimed for more than twice the amount of times they've claimed. We could even call it:
Yarnies Vs Sewists Santa Wishlist Swap

If you guys like that, I'll figure out the first post this week, and get the signups started mid-October.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010 03:22:12 PM »

Sounds like a lot of fun. Mid-October works for me. I should have a spot by then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
CoanTeen
Witch who Walks without Feet

Searching for my own "Golden Path"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010 11:31:03 PM »

I'm soooo in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geek chic, Gamer Gorgeous, Punk Pretty, Angry Beautiful.
You want it? I Made it!
preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'www.ShinshayOriginals.com')

Wist- http://www.wists.com/Coanteen

Need crocheted hats, Will sew anything for you if you can make me hats!
Annchen

Yarrrn...

Yarn keeps me sane(ish)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010 06:23:51 AM »

That sounds really fun! However, I think it would be wise to set a lower limit for packages. The OWS rule that each claim/package has to add up to at least one medium item is a very good one in my opinion. I know they had some problems with skimpy packages before that. Not saying it would happen, but if something turns up it's always easier to be able to point at a rule saying that you have to send at least so-and-so much.

Are you going to try to balance out the participants so that there aren't a huge amount of sewists and no yarnies or the other way around? Oh, and I think it would be neat if yarnies could list yarn stuff they can't make themselves too. Some can only crochet, some can only knit. Or would that be overly complicated?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010 08:40:27 AM »

Great ideas Annchen. I agree that there should be a minimum. A medium sounds good.

How about participants can list any sewn or yarn item? What about supplies? Most of these claim style swaps have a spot for supplies. Maybe allowing supplies relating to sewing, crochet or knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010 10:30:55 AM »

Supplies and allowing anyone to claim from everyone would be great too. I also spin so I wouldn't mind sending another yarnie some handspun. I both knit and crochet, but I don't often craft for myself so that's still an option with me. Infact, in the Ongoing Wishlist swap I am currently in I'm receiving knitted slippers and knitted yoga socks! I could do it myself but the fact is I never get around to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
kayrun
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010 11:43:39 AM »

This sounds really interesting, doing it in a claim-style format!
Keeping my eyes on dates for this one....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oyhana
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010 03:28:45 PM »

I love this idea!  I love sewn items but would really like to receive someone else's knitting or handspun.  Do our claims for this round have to be seasonal related or can we make wish lists for whatever we want?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest     

Personal swap friendly!  Especially ATCs!
PixieVal

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010 04:45:57 PM »

Don't have to be seasonal related at all.
Medium sized sounds perfect.
Supplies would also be fun.
I think it would be neat to be able to ask for other yarnie or sewn stuff even if you fall into that category, like somethings you can't do. I can sew quite a bit of home appearal, but suck like the wind at anything felt, and I love felt ornaments. So cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010 05:33:34 PM »

I like the concept! But what if someone doesn't get claimed, or makes multiple claims but only gets claimed once? Could there be a rule that someone's who's been claimed more than (x) claims can't be claimed again if there are still people who haven't yet been claimed, or something of the sorts?

I was so spiked for this swap but my glasses just broke, so I'll have to make a new pair priority in my budget... Undecided I'll have to  seriously think about it because I'd love to participate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get the Look from Christian Dior Spring 2014
Naomi Watts Makeup Tutorial
Learn These Tricks to Creating a More Grown-Up Wardrobe
Iconic Beauty Brands
Red Carpet Up Do How To Video
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...