A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,478
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Your Best Pumpkin Recipes!!  (Read 11176 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe , pumpkin  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PepsiTwist
« on: October 08, 2010 12:47:51 PM »

Hey everyone, with Halloween approaching and pumpkins becoming abundant, I was looking for some good pumpkin recipes! I will add my favorite recipe after this initial post, if this gets long enough, I will use this thread to "bookmark" all the recipes.  Grin So come on, post your favorite tried and true pumpkin recipes!! As always, pictures are more than welcome!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010 12:49:34 PM »

The BEST Pumpkin Roll
Tip: Put cream cheese and butter in bowl and set aside to soften. Line a 10x13 or 10x15 cookie sheet with foil, leaving about 2 inches of foil on each end and fold under. Spray with cooking spray or grease with shortening (not too much though). Preheat oven to 375

Ingredients for the Roll
3 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup plain flour
1 cup sugar (we use white sugar)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Chopped pecans/walnuts/any nut really (Optional)

Ingredients for the Filling
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
3 TBSP butter, softened
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar

Directions
1) Combine the eggs and pumpkin.
2) Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon.
3) Add the dry ingredients mixture to the pumpkin/egg mixture slowly and mix well.
4) Pour batter into cookie sheet and spread evenly.
5) Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if so desired
6) Bake for 15-18 minutes (DO NOT OVERCOOK, it will continue to cook after you bring it out of the oven) Sides will be lightly brown and middle will spring back when touched.
7) Cool enough to move foil with cake to counter to prevent continued cooking. (you should do this within ~2 mins)
Cool Cool about 30 minutes, then loosen the foil from the cake with your hand. Roll the cake up in the foil and set aside to cool completely (a couple hours is best).
9)Combine all of the filling ingredients and mix until smooth.
10) Unroll the cake and spread with filling.
11) Roll the cake back up and wrap with foil or plastic wrap.
12) Refrigerate for a couple hours
13) Serve when chilled.

It can be frozen if desired.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 01:01:16 PM by PepsiTwist » THIS ROCKS   Logged
strwberesh0rtcke
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010 01:19:55 PM »

OMG. I am obsessed with pumpkin recipes! Me and my roommate (and luckily some friends and coworkers also helped us) just finished eating through 36 homemade pumpkin muffins. I will absolutely post the recipe when I get home! I am sooo excited to see what else people post.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I REALLY want some funny hoop-framed embroidery! Wanna do a personal swap?
SMLounsbury
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010 01:20:35 PM »

I am so using that pumpkin roll recipe this year.  That is something everyone looks forward to and the only way I'll eat pumpkin.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Licer

Leg warmers are my friend.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010 04:47:49 PM »

Definitely Turtle pumpkin Cheesecake. I just made it today and can't wait until tommorrow night when I get to eat it!

Crust:

•1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
•1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Filling:

•1/4 cup all-purpose flour
•1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
•1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
•4 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
•1 cup packed brown sugar
•2/3 cup granulated sugar
•5 eggs
Topping:

•1/2 cup chopped pecans
•3 oz. dark chocolate, roughly chopped
•1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
•1 cup Caramel Sauce
Method:

Heat oven to 300 degrees.  Wrap foil around sides and bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.  Spray bottom and sides of pan with cooking spray.  In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture on bottom and one inch up sides of pan.  Set aside.

In another small bowl, mix flour, pumpkin pie spice and pumpkin.  Set aside. In a large bowl or stand mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth and creamy.  Gradually beat in brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth.  Beat in eggs one at a time at low speed just until blended.  Beat in pumpkin mixture until smooth.  Pour liquid over crust.

Bake 1 hour 15 minutes or until outside of cake is set but center still jiggles slightly when shaken.  Run a knife around edge of pan to loosen the cheesecake. Turn oven off and prop door open at least four inches. Allow to rest in oven for 30 minutes. Remember, cheesecake is not like cake and may not seem done when in fact it is!

Cool pan on cooling rack for 30 minutes.  Refrigerate at least six hours before serving.

Just before serving, run knife around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake, remove side of pan. Sprinkle pecans over top of cheesecake.  In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate and vegetable oil uncovered on High (100%) for 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds, stirring once halfway through, until melted.  Drizzle chocolate over walnuts. Drizzle with Caramel Sauce.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010 08:20:58 PM »

Wow Licer, my mouth is watering!!! I can't wait to try that!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PepsiTwist
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010 08:22:34 PM »

OMG. I am obsessed with pumpkin recipes! Me and my roommate (and luckily some friends and coworkers also helped us) just finished eating through 36 homemade pumpkin muffins. I will absolutely post the recipe when I get home! I am sooo excited to see what else people post.

I'd love the recipe for the muffins! I just had a pumpkin muffin with cream cheese filling from Starbucks and it was amazing, I'd love to have a great pumpkin muffin recipe! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deasil7riley
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010 11:06:32 PM »

My best Pumpkin Recipes is Pumpkin cake, i love it. i will not wait until eat it. Cry Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oak kitchen cabinets an Ultimate option to your office styling
noisy_penguin
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010 12:30:25 AM »

I just made pumpkin coffee cake muffins last night! They're AWESOME. (There are more pictures and junk my blog if you're interested.)

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4113/5061942192_0df4985edb_z.jpg

Pumpkin Coffee Cake Muffins
Streusel Topping
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground cardamom (if you don't like cardamom you can omit this or just use pumpkin pie spice or something - I just really like the way pumpkin tastes with cardamom)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour

Muffins
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamom (again - you can use pumpkin pie spice if you'd rather)
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F. Line 18 muffin cups with paper liners.
Prepare the streusel first. In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light. Beat in ground cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, salt and vanilla. Working at a low speed, blend the flour in slowly until it is incorporated. Mixture should look sandy and coarse.

Prepare the muffin batter. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, spices, and salt. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in pumpkin, followed by vanilla extract. Working in two or three additions, alternate mixing in some of the flour mixture and some of the milk, ending with an addition of the flour. Mix only until everything is just combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.

Fill each of the muffin cups a bit less than half way up. Top each with a small handful of streusel. Divide remaining batter evenly over the muffin cups. Top each with a generous handful of streusel. If you squeeze the streusel tightly in your hand before placing it on the muffins, it will form nice clumps. Be sure to use all the streusel.

Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the streusel is lightly browned.

Carefully remove from muffin tin and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.

Vanilla Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over completely cooled cupcakes. Allow icing to set before storing. (If you don't the icing is kind of sticky and mushy and it's not quite as nice.)

Makes 18 muffins
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013 04:42:52 AM by MissingWillow - Reason: Changed non-working image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010 08:44:06 AM »

You guys are totally sabotaging my diet...Cheesy

Everything looks so yummy! Thanks for posting the recipes...I love pumpkin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014
123/150
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snow, Sleet or Rain: The Best Boots for Winter Weather
Will Sexy White Gowns Dominate the 2014 Award Season?
10 Iconic Golden Globes Gowns!
How to Wear Whatever You Want Without Risking a Slip!
How to Get Cleavage Without the Padded Bra
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...