A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Halloween House: Updated, new photos and items.  (Read 953 times)
Tags for this thread: papier_mache  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MainSarahJane
I am what I am, I be what I be.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 08, 2010 07:45:10 AM »

Here is a house that got a make over.  I built the house part and base out of recycled cardboard and paper mache a few years ago. I added some paint, paper, sparkles, moss, handmade trees, the bead type stuff on the trees, pathway and part of the roof is actually the insides of a brita water filter recycled, and the fence is made out of floral picks.  This was a lot of work, I don't think I am done with it yet though. 

Updated I have added some clay characters in the trees that I sculpted, painted and decorated.  Also a bit of a backdrop scenery that I designed and cutout of black construction paper.

Any questions and comments are welcome.  Thanks for looking.

Photos Updated.....

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 11:38:54 AM by MainSarahJane » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Indiana
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010 08:09:47 AM »

It looks great! Have you considered some tombstones in the garden and maybe some little ghouls floating around? It looks awesome just as it is though. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, PM me!

Happy Crafting! Smiley
BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010 10:20:37 AM »

I love it!!  It looks very Tim Burton-ish.  I don't know if that's the look you were going for.  I think it needs "people" populating it.  Whether its monsters or something else, it just needs a body type element.  Its a GREAT scene though.  How big is it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MainSarahJane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010 03:55:58 PM »

It looks great! Have you considered some tombstones in the garden and maybe some little ghouls floating around? It looks awesome just as it is though. Smiley

Thank you.  I actually have some tombstones that I haven't refurbished yet. Oooo ghouls are a good idea now i'm trying to consider how to make them, maybe hanging in the trees and stuff.  Thanks for your kind comment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
MainSarahJane

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010 04:02:43 PM »

I love it!!  It looks very Tim Burton-ish.  I don't know if that's the look you were going for.  I think it needs "people" populating it.  Whether its monsters or something else, it just needs a body type element.  Its a GREAT scene though.  How big is it?

Thanks for your nice comment, my boyfriend said it reminded him of that aswell lol.  The idea just came as I was decorating it, no specific plans really. I was thinking it needs some people or ghosts or something but i'm not sure what I could make them out of that I already have here.  I've been trying to think of something that would be fairly light as the whole thing is quite light. 
The taller house is about 14 1/2 inches tall by 6 inches wide, the little one is 9 1/2 inches tall by 5 inches wide, the whole base is about 27 inches by 14 inches.

Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah Wink
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Make-A-Wish: New York Model For A Day
How to Fill in Your Eyebrows to Make a Statement
3 Simple Ways to Spring Clean Your Skin
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
4 Contouring Mistakes to Avoid
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!
Meatless Monday: Vegan, Raw, Gluten Free Chocolate Bars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...