A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stocking Stuffer Swap 2010 - Sign Ups 10/05 to 10/15; Send Outs Dec. 3rd  (Read 17167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenfaerie
« on: October 04, 2010 10:29:54 PM »

Gallery!

Do you have a matching set of stockings, but still want to swap stuffers?  Or maybe you don't like stockings, or maybe you're even signed up for the Stocking swap, but still want more stuffers for yourself or others.  All winter holidays are 100% accepted, so no worries if you celebrate Yule, Religious or secular Christmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa or any other winter holiday or combination.

We did this swap last year, and many single moms, singles, people celebrating alone, or even people who just plain old get shorted in the stocking department every Christmas felt it really brightened the holidays.  I personally felt a lot better seeing my fat stocking waiting for me and not stressing over whether I'd be the only empty stocking in the house since my hubby doesn't really know/remember to follow through.  Plus, smalls and extra smalls are super fun to make and don't have to take tons of money if you work with stash, etc.  I also found it a great way to really get to know more about my partner, and ended up making a friend while really delving into her tastes and needs.

Link to 2009 Swap: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=324947.0
2009 Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329416.0 

Since this is a time sensitive swap, please please seriously consider if you will have the time to invest in this swap.  Many of us who are signing up have been disappointed many times in the stocking department, and it would really suck for one of us to have an empty stocking due to flaking or late sending even after we work so hard! 

Also, since many of us are feeling budget and time restrictions this year, we decided to do a mini swap this year.  I say we half the required amount from last year, so we will be crafting 10 smalls, or 20 extra smalls.  Spoiling is encouraged, and please indicate on the questionnaire if you are interested in doing more, but please remember spoiling is optional.  There will also be a larger gift option on sign up to put under the tree, so indicate that as well, and I'll do my best to match you up accordingly. 

From the 12 days of Christmas thread, and what we used last year: (IMHO 2 extra smalls = i small)
extra small:
marble magnets, basic earrings, address labels, basic hair jewelry, origami, needlebook, basic pin cushion, basic pendants, shrinky charms, tags, stickers, bookmarks, simple note cards, sachets, basic magnets, cookies, small supplies,

small:
small handcarved stamps, coasters, decorated frames,  journals, notebooks, ornaments, earrings, bar of soap, zipper pouch, resin pendants, coffee cozy, drawstring bag, potholders, grocery bags, embellished towels with a strip of fabric, simple stitch markers, hair notions, key chains, crochet dishcloths, small amigurumi, ATC's, DIY  kit with enough supplies to make 1 item

(Obviously product cost and time required to make an item can and will change these criteria.  For instance, a needlebook embroidered as the Marauder's Map from Harry Potter will not be an extra small.  I do encourage, as we do in the One Tiny Thing swaps that each item be something you can do with a high level of skill, that's really specifically tailored to your partner, and perhaps with extra embellishment.  Make it something you'd be super stoked to open Christmas morning, worthy of Santa's Shop itself!!)

DC#s will be required, as always, and flakers will not be tolerated.  If you think you're going to be running into trouble meeting the time requirements or something comes up, please PM me immediately.  Early communication is key.  Please also take into consideration shipping times to your partner's address and shipping method of choice.

All subject lines for the swap should start off "SSS -" and then either Sent, Received, Pictures Posted, or some other descriptor of what's going on.  Pictures MUST be posted by either you or your partner of both your packages (you can wait until Dec 25th to open and then post), and I expect thank you messages to your partner when you receive.  You must update me with a PM when you receive and send.  All participants must check in weekly either in the thread or via PM, and lack of doing this will be reflected in your feedback as poor communication.  Lack of photos in the gallery or other lack of courtesy to your partner's hard work will also be noted. Just the general Craftster courtesy and standard rules. Wink

Commence Questionnaire!

Swap name:Stocking Stuffer Swap 2010
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: greenfaerie
Sign-up date range: 10/05/10 -10/15/10
Date to send item by: 12/03/10

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25 unless I get a co-organizer

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? YES/NO no
If so, which country? all

Additional Age requirement? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

Are you willing to ship out of your country:
Are you wanting to do 10 stuffers or 10 stuffers plus medium gift?
Are you opening to spoiling your partner?

Why is sending on time, keeping up with communication, and making items to the best of your ability particularly important with this swap?

Do you have any allergens in your home (tobacco smoke, cats, etc)?
Are you allergic to any common household allergens?
Do you have any aversions or special needs such as avoiding leather for vegans, phobias (like no clown items or whatever), things you just can't stand?

Crafts you love to do:
What types of crafts would you want:
What are your favorite materials (like silk fabrics, polymer clay, etc):
Favorite colors:
Favorite patterns or motifs:
Favorite icons (cats, Christmas trees, gnomes, etc):
Least favorite colors:
Least favorite materials:
Least favorite patterns:
Least favorite icons:
Anything you want to add about general style:

Stuffer wish list (no certain order)

Anything you'd absolutely be bummed if you got:

Would you like supplies?  If so, what?

Favorite scents:
Do you wear jewelry?:
Accessories?:
Pierced ears?:
Hair accessories?:
Do you collect anything?

Hobbies?:

What winter holidays do you celebrate?
What religious symbols do you find meaningful and non-offensive if any?
What are your favorite holiday motifs (Santas, reindeer, menorahs, nativity scenes, etc)?

Do you want anything edible? What?

Crafts you're wanting to learn:
Would you like a kit?

Do you have a camera?  Will you post pictures or ask your partner to do so promptly after opening your presents?  Will you take photographs of your items before you send?

Wist?
Any other sites or stalkable lists?

Gift options

Wishlist:

Anything else?

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

This section will be for partner assignments!

PARTNERS!!

greenfaerie<-> RubyRain
MsMia <-> Miss Barbara
Bugaboo1 <-> Superhooker
emily_rohr <-> ilovesnails
edelC <-> banana_bomb
nostephot <-> chrissycrafts
damara <-> rainbowendings
J_Kievet <-> NinetyNinety
PirateColey <-> lady4feet
mom2em <-> zulibilu

Sent, Send & Received, Received, CONTACT ME NOW
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011 11:18:09 PM by greenfaerie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
margiej
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010 07:48:38 AM »

I think I want to do this but I need to finish and mail off 2 swaps.  I swore I would not do any others because I already have 2 Christmas swaps, but I think this would be great!  I hope there are lots of participants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
greenfaerie
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010 10:17:04 AM »

There was a lot of interest in the new swap idea list, so I have high hopes!  Cheesy  Going to add a photo to the swap list in a bit so it'll boost its visibility. 

And yes, you know you want to join, 10 smalls are surprisingly easy to knock out even when making them super special!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010 03:10:04 PM »

I just sent in my questionaire.  YIPPEE!!

To my future partner:  I am pretty flexible, just blow me away with your creativity.  I just love to receive the awesomeness that everyone here creates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010 03:36:04 PM »

This one sounds fun, but I'm not supposed to be doing swaps. Hmm we'll have to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010 04:34:27 PM »

I'm totally signing up!!  I love stocking stuffers!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010 06:23:05 PM »

Just sent in my questionnaire! love love love swaps where spoiling is encouraged and around the holidays even if not making ornaments and such I just love this time of year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
tonistagg
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010 07:24:12 PM »

I may just have to do this swap.  It sounds like it would be fun and relatively easy. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you hold a cat by the tail you learn things you cannot learn any other way."     Mark Twain     

WISTS - http://www.wists.com/punkygirl
ETSY FAVORITES - http://www.etsy.com/people/tonistagg/favorites
emily_rohr
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010 08:27:16 PM »

Super excited about this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyRain
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010 09:38:00 PM »

Sounds fun and not stressful!
I have a question about the extra gift option-is this a bought gift or crafted gift or either?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Homeschooling mama of 4 kidlets.

Mamahood is not for wimps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coral And Poppy Swimsuit Trends
Cut Exclusive: ACW Casts NYFW Fall 2013
Who Wore It Best: Michelle Obama or Rihanna?
5 Ways To Wear Prabal Gurung For Target Printed Top
Carbon Copy: Get NYFW Street Style Looks For Less
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...