A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,013
Currently Running With Scissors:
382 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stocking Stuffer Swap 2010 - Sign Ups 10/05 to 10/15; Send Outs Dec. 3rd  (Read 16401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenfaerie
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010 04:15:44 PM »

Woohoo!  I've got a bumper crop of PMs to sort through!  Thanks for signing up, ladies!  Cheesy

And for any of you considering, we've got a lot of really talented people signing up, so no hesitation needed!

It's 100% okay if you want your items posted to your SO, just tell your partner when you get one. Smiley  I figured I would let everyone decide if they wanted wrapped or unwrapped depending on how everyone feels about wrapping paper, I know a few people who are adamant about it being a waste.  While I see their side, nothing shiny is ever a waste to me.  j/k, but I am a magpie. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010 01:33:23 AM »

greenfaerie....I am with you on shiny...and glitter....!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010 10:58:56 AM »

I was sure I sent in the questionare, but my names not on the list, and it's not on my profile, if it doesn't show by Monday I will resend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
greenfaerie
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010 01:20:34 PM »

J_Kieviet, you're on my list of people to add.  It takes a bit of time to sort through everything and I've been sick with a migraine today so no looking at the screen until I recovered mostly.  You hadn't sent in your questionnaire for the first batch I put in, but never fear, I haven't lost you. Smiley

Bugaboo1, I love the way Christmas in your house sounds!  We too, have no family in this area, and even though I love my family dearly, we differ so much on values, tastes, and all those little things that create friendship that it's hard to feel Christmas-ed just visiting with them.  Add into that in-laws that seem to think that every family wedding, holiday, etc, regardless of whether we have to work or even got an invitation is a sacrelige to miss... we're currently working to figure out ways to celebrate around the mandantory 5 hour away holiday events we, in all honesty, don't really enjoy.

I think personally, I'm looking forward to what may perhaps be our first Christmas without being so poor that being full was a rarity.  We're still only buying useful items to grow our business or basic necessities, and making everything else, so we're still being responsible.  I'm just looking forward to being able to relax perhaps a bit more and try to enjoy the holiday season.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
greenfaerie
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010 01:51:58 PM »

All right!  All of you should have feedback, and everyone has been listed on the front page.  Thank all of you US swappers who are willing to ship out of the country, we have 3 non-US swappers so far, and it will make partnering you much easier!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist!
lady4feet
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010 03:23:29 PM »

I'm really excitted for this swap, it's like and OTT on steriods Smiley

Last year it was really hard for me to get into the Christmas spirit, my normally scrooge of a husband was quite worried about me. I'm hoping a swap will help me keep the Christmas spirit up.

We don't have any family near us either but we're debating if we're going to try for a Thanksgiving or Christmas visit this year (we're in AL and everyone else is in OH).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenfaerie
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010 03:32:27 PM »

I hear you on the lack of Christmas spirit last year, it was the same for me, and seemed to affect a lot of people.  I'm really trying to keep the Christmas spirit intact this year, too.  We're actually planning to have a Hogwarts Christmas, since my husband and our housemate both love the books and movies. 

So far, I'm working on how to suspend candles from fireproof metal holders from our tall part of the greatroom ceiling (yes, I have a fire extinguisher just in case lol), I think I might make a Dobby character to hold stockings or a platter or something (it just came to me, so I'm not sure yet), and of course have everyones favorites on the Christmas menu even if it doesn't match in the traditional sense.  Anyone have any other ideas?  Maybe serve butterbeer or firewhiskey or something, I'm not quite sure. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist!
superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010 05:38:20 PM »

You could make everyone Weasley Sweaters....or, if you can't magically knit, you could stencil everyone weasley t-shirts...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2010 07:24:40 AM »

I'm seriously thinking about this one. It sounds like such a fun swap. I'm going to see how far I've gotten on the 12 Days of Christmas swap when sign-ups get a little closer to ending and then decide.

As for your Hogwarts Christmas... check the after Halloween sales the first part of November. You might be able to find some magic-y goodies to use. You could fill cauldrons with Christmas bulbs or get potion bottles to serve drinks out of. You might even find some neat wizard-y fabric on clearance that you could use for table runners or window treatments or something.

The new "Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook" actually has some really neat recipes you could try also. (or you can find some on the interwebs).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MsMia

Christmas, Fall, and Winter Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010 12:46:45 PM »

Due to my new baby sleep deprivation, I neglected to mention on my questionaire that I do not decorate in traditional Christmas colors (red/green), I decorate my home in jewel tones prefering mostly purple, teal, navy blue, emerald green, gold and silver. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Large Smiley Flower
How to Crochet Jolene Sugarbaker Sweater Cuffs
Duct Tape Bracelets
Duct Tape Jack-O-Lantern
Duct Tape Cell Phone Cases
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...