A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 301,975
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stocking Stuffer Swap 2010 - Sign Ups 10/05 to 10/15; Send Outs Dec. 3rd  (Read 18907 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

greenfaerie
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010 10:09:35 PM »

In keeping with the spirit of craftster, I would say either a crafted item or supplies.  It should be a larger item, so a medium or a large in size, depending on what the partners agree on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
J_Kieviet
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010 10:54:10 PM »

seriously thinking about this one, knowing I'd have a month to craft is really playing into signing up (I'm also in the advent calendar swap)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
greenfaerie
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010 12:21:40 PM »

Okay ladies who have sent me your questionnaire, this swap should be listed on your profile.  I must say, so far we've gotten some amazing crafters on our team, so this should be an awesome swap.  Those of you who are on the fence, please do consider signing up.  I think with the month long crafting period, and with the lower shipping cost of many smalls, it could be a great swap to add to other Christmas swaps or as your only Christmas swap.  Cheesy

So, what is everyone looking most forward to for Christmas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big collection of Kenmore presser feet to swap/trade/sell!!  Ruffler foot, etc.  Please PM for details!
Wist!
Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010 06:26:30 PM »

So, what is everyone looking most forward to for Christmas?

I don't have family other than my husband and children in this area so my created family of friends all come over Christmas eve for a huge dinner. Even in leaner times my kids have even stated they would rather have everyone over for that dinner than any gifts under the tree.

And I love small crafts because every year, in some new way, I hide gifts for my guests. Such as one year I ran woven sleigh style baskets down the center of the table as a centerpiece with small boxes made out of Styrofoam and wrapped in paper to look like it was full of little fake presents, but, at the end of the meal I had them all pull the ribbon attached to their place holder and attached to the end were small gifts I made for each of them.  This will be my 14th year doing this and we still manage to get someone new every year who has no idea and its fun surprising them and all the guest who now know have fun trying to figure out where they are this year and waiting to see how the newbie will react.

So thats really what I am looking most forward to other than this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010 04:55:38 AM »

Oh I am so glad that you did this again this year. I had to pull out last year.

This is a brillliant swap for single moms or people who's partners just don't get christmas stockings, so I am so in...Since I am a single mom and my stocking always tends to be on the skinny side. One thing we did last year was have the goodies posted to a SO if possible, so that they could be put into the stocking without the recipient seeing them until christmas morning..I plan to ask my partner to do that this year.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010 08:23:26 AM »

I want in! I want in! Going to go fill out my questionnaire.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010 08:53:32 AM »

I would love it if my little gifts were all wrapped up, so I could just stick them into my stocking.  (I love waiting for christmas to open presents!) 
I would wrap my partner's stuff too, and/or send to an SO to do the stocking filling...whatever would work best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
Angelicus
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010 11:42:36 AM »

I did this last year and it was such good fun. I signed up on my mums behalf last year and she was so happy to get a super full stocking - my partner nailed all of the gifts.

I'm not sure whether to do it this year. I probably wouldn't do it for my mum again and I am already signed up for the advent calender swap. But...

Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog:thoughtsonbubblesandstuff.wordpress.com

Don't frown because someone might be falling in love with your smile.
mom2em
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010 12:35:10 PM »

Ok I only have 1 spot open and I am already in the advent calendar swap but this sounds like so much fun that I am working on my questionairre now! 
My dh and I spoil our daughter at Christmas plus her birthday is 6 weeks before Christmas so we don't have much money to buy each other gifts and he never gets me stocking stuffers anyway so it will be nice to receive a bunch of little gifts for myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Christine~
Proud SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11).
http://www.etsy.com/people/mom2em/favorites?ref=pr_faves
http://pinterest.com/mom2em/
ilovesnails

Slugs are just homeless snails.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010 02:33:12 PM »

Well I'd sworn off swaps for a bit but this is just too tempting to resit. Add to that the fact that my husband just plain sucks at stuffing stockings this is a great reason to join!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Haul: Gina and Jasmine Share Their Bargain Picks For Summer
DIY Idea: Embellish Shirt Collars the Cool Way
Diane Von Furstenberg Designs First Archive Collection
Samii’s Beach Fashion Haul
Style Council Nataliee’s Summer Beach Haul!
Latest Blog Articles
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat
Hooray for the Red, White, and Blue

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...