A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
664 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Music that changed my life swap Gallery!  (Read 3581 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2010 07:48:13 PM »

Let's share some musical love!!!
PARTNERS
Sent
Received
Sent & received
Feedback
CONTACT ORGANIZER!!!

janiegrrl <--> TheBeldam
rantyhippie <--> DeSade13
DreamChild556 <--> malisha
mellyp --> TheSavoyTruffle--> Miss Barbara --> mellyp

ORIGINAL THREAD: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=357525.0
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010 12:13:31 PM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010 08:01:32 PM »

oh cool we already have a sender!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

Respect ghosts and gods, but keep away from them -Confucius
TheSavoyTruffle

I want a head like the heads I see on EasterIsland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010 03:20:53 PM »

I'm so excited to see what everyone did with this swap!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lay me down and close my eyes where the red-winged blackbird flies...
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010 05:04:57 PM »

Great someone has received!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

TheBeldam

Wait! I'm confused.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010 10:28:41 PM »

Ohhh!!! I'm super excited to see what everyone made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But why is the rum gone?
mellyp

QFA - you know you want to...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010 12:07:20 PM »

i received from my partner miss barbara and boy, was it a lovely package! she included a note explaining how she listened to each of the songs i chose and what they made her think of and feel...and how she came to craft each piece. it was such a great way to go about this swap - and it really made me appreciate the thought that went into each item.

record bowls (i've never seen a small one before!) the rainbow in the large bowl is a nod to a lyric in one of the songs...i love that kind of little detail:

i have been wanting a wind chime but i didn't actually tell her that, look at the lovely one she made me - crafted from a 45 (record). another of my song picks made her think of the sound of chimes blowing in the wind:

and my favorite, the beautiful pillow that matches my living room perfectly. i wish you could see how saturated the colors really are.

a close up of the patchwork (she really paid attention to my favorites list) and the verigated rainbow thread!

this was a really good swap, i'm so happy to have been connected with such a thoughtful partner - thanks so much miss barbara - you did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alberta alberta - crafty goodness for you and your home
albertaalberta.etsy.com
http://albertaalberta.blogspot.com/
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010 03:56:09 PM »

Looks great! Can't wait to see everything that everyone made!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010 05:18:28 PM »

You're welcome!  And how cool are you...you even noticed the varigated rainbow thread!  I've never, ever seen anything like that before, and thought it would be perfect for your pillow!  Glad you like everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010 02:58:01 AM »

I love your package!!!!

I received today but will post tonight!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DeSade13

We're all mad here...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010 05:25:25 PM »

My 'Beatles/John Lennon' package from RantyHippie.

An 'Imagine' wall hanging. Love the colors Smiley

'All You Need Is Love' framed cross-stitch and 'Let It Be' bookmark.

'Imagine' embroidered hat with peace sign.

NOT PICTURED: A lovely multicolor bead bracelet. I wore it out and left it in my car (and I don't want to go out in the rain to retrieve it right now).

Thanks Rantyhippie! I hope you like your package Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010 05:42:24 PM by DeSade13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness is ideal, it is the work of the imagination.

-Marquis de Sade

(Wist: http://wists.com/DeSade13)
rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010 06:25:44 PM »

I am sooo glad you liked everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you have some spare roving you're willing to part with? Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010 04:15:45 PM »

Cheesy  I was part of the 'round robin' in this swap, and I received today from my partner, TheSavoyTruffle!  Unfortunately, I cannot post photos so she will be doing so soon (thank you again), but I do want to post a description of the really thoughtful and talented package she sent me!

(Keep in mind that my musicians that I chose were:  Eminem, Pink, and Louis Armstrong.  A tough crowd and a tough mix of types of music to really delve into if it's not your thing.  TheSavoyTruffle did a really, really good job!)

-A set of three magnets:  two have fancy type lamps on them and one says 'shine'

-A very interesting painted wooden frame with many different types of pictures of women on it with the words "It's just the way I am" in magazine cutouts on the bottom (pictures and words decopauged)

-Unique and lovely charms representing different things:  a mirror with beautiful flowers on top, a blue translucent jewel, a flower, and a flying bird (sent in a pretty mini drawstring bag)

-TWO AMAZING PAINTINGS!  TheSavoyTruffle is truly, truly talented and really interpreted the songs and the meaning behind them so well.

My heart was very much touched by the thought that went into this package.  I would prefer not go go into details on why I chose the songs I did, but I was a bit concerned that whoever received me as a partner would not be able to see how much those songs meant (and still do) mean to me.  I didn't need to worry.  I am THRILLED with this package!  Thank you so very much, The SavoyTruffle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSavoyTruffle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2010 10:33:55 PM »

Miss Barbara - I'm so glad you liked your package!! Yay!
Here are the pics:

Magnet set

Frame

Charms

Painting with lyrics from Pink's song "18 Wheeler"

Painting with lyrics from "It's a Wonderful Life"

I'm so happy you liked everything - especially the paintings (they were really fun to plan and make)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010 05:07:15 AM »

I love the paintings!! They are wonderful and absolutely gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010 12:13:39 PM »

HEY GIRLS PLEASE CHECK THAT YOUR STATUS ON PAGE 1 (AND PAGE 1 OF THE MAIN THREAD) IS OKAY! IF NOT PLEASE PM ME AND I'LL CHANGE IT. Remember that feedback won't be given until you send, receive and post pictures.

THE BELDAM: HAVE YOU SENT YET?Huh
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010 12:20:58 PM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2010 12:00:55 PM »

By the way Miss Barbara, I loved your package! The paintings are awesome!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010 05:25:56 PM »

I received from DeSade13 today! I got:

a record bowl that was a single to my favorite springsteen song. Unfortunately, it broke a little bit but I can still use it.

And a faith hill magnet

a james otto shirt and a bruce springsteen bag

Thanks  a bunch! I love everything!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010 03:29:40 PM by rantyhippie - Reason: to edit images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010 09:38:25 PM »

hehe!!! awesome package! but I cannot see the bag... I see the same picture as above!!! hehe!!! Updating status and giving feedback right now!!

I'm soo happy to see that we're having a flake free swap!!!! congratulations girls!!! Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010 09:48:07 PM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rantyhippie
Carnivore Extrordinaire

Drunken Crafter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010 03:29:56 PM »

thanks for letting me know! I fixed it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBeldam

Wait! I'm confused.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010 10:41:34 PM »

All right ladies, here's what I received from my lovely swap partner, janiegirl!

It's a super snuggly pillow! janiegirl also sent along a wonderful note explaining the pillow as well. This is the front of the pillow. The sun and the flowers represent the song "5 years time" by Noah and the Whale. This is happy song and a happy picture!  Cheesy

Close up of the flowers. Aren't they so cute!

Close up of the happy sun! I wish I had a better camera so that yall could really see the incredible detailing on the embroidery, because it is INCREDIBLE! I'm super jealous of janiegirl's mad skills!

The other side represents the song "Sleep" by the Dandy Warhols. This is one of the most beautiful songs ever. Seriously. You should go listen to it.  The music note represents sleep, dreaming, and calmness.

Here's a close up of the music note. IT'S HAND-TATTED, PEOPLE.  Shocked  And beautiful!  

Here's another pic of this side...

But wait! What's this?  Huh

It's a hidden pocket!! But there's something inside it!

Inside the pocket I found this!  It's my favorite quote form the Nine Inch Nails song "The Fragile".  The pocket is in black because this song respents my darker days in the past. But the pocket is hidden because it's all in my past (thank god).  The quote is hidden in the pocket because it's a very important part of who I was.

When I first opened the package and read the letter my inital reaction was something along the lines of the famous Wanye's brothers quote "I AM NOT WORTHY!" Seriously.
I was just blown away by janiegirl's talent and all of the love and effort she put into this project.

In  summation: I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!! Cheesy   THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!  
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010 10:44:22 PM by TheBeldam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

But why is the rum gone?
TheSavoyTruffle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010 04:10:48 PM »

Hey! I received from Mellyp the other day! She sent a really pretty wall hanging:

The image is inspired by my favorite place in the world: Winona Minnesota! She totally got the look of the bluffs and the river. The lyrics around the side are from "the farmer and the nomad" by the band Jayber Crow (one of my Favorite bands) who also totally understand the beauty of MN. Thanks so much Mellyp!! It's already on my wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBeldam

Wait! I'm confused.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010 11:41:25 PM »

Ohhhh! Everybody has received such cool can't wait to stuff!!! I can't wait to see the rest!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But why is the rum gone?
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2010 10:46:25 PM »

Sorry for the delay! I could finally upload pictures!! I dont know why craftster wouldnt let me.

But here they are:

First of all & not pictured, 2 cool postcards from a beach near to her house, One of them really made me laugh!!!
And yes, swaps tend to be addictive!!

Now to the pictures... These awesome glasses inspired in one of my fave songs Les rois du monde - Romeo & juliette (france)

Then... I was soo happy that I started shouting "omg!Omg!! OMGG!!!" This Cat Stevens poppet

With different clothes which are sooo Cat Stevens (I love him, I could seriously have been in love with him):

but my fave stuff (really I loved them and ran everywhere with them) were these awesome pillow covers with the lyrics of a song that is really special to me.
One says "this is dedicated to the woman I love wherever she stands I give her dedication" is now on my pillow because it's my fave quote and the other one says "this is dedicated to the front lines that are dying for dedication, this is dedicated to the child of mine wherever she stands I give her my dedication" is the one on boyfriend's pillow.
Sorry for the crappy picture, I'll take a better one, or at least a close up of the quotes!!!

and as if it weren't enough... I got extras!!!!

Doll clothing patterns!!!!!! really needed because I just finished repairing a doll my dad gave me. And I collect dolls... so.
And QUILTING FABRIC!!! In my fave combination!!!! Omg!!! I couldnt have asked for a better partner!!!!

Thank you for being such a thoughtfull partner!!!! I really loved everything!!! Really I cannot find the words to say how much I loved everything!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010 05:25:39 AM »

Malisha asked me to post a picture of the pillowcases I made, if I had one. Apparently, I only took a picture of one. But the other looks the same, just different words.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2010 03:33:40 PM »

tHANKS for posting it!!!
I loved it!!!
havent you got your package?Huh I'm starting to worry hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2010 09:51:19 PM »

Nope, it's not here yet. I keep checking the guide number, and it says it's in the US. So maybe soon Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
DreamChild556

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010 05:12:04 PM »

The post office finally felt like giving me my package!! It's so awesome! I love everything! On to the pictures...

First up, the box:

I love looking at packages that have come from another country. I think it's neat.

And I opened it, and the first thing I pulled out is.... A wonderful zippered pouch with stars. (One of my songs has a line about "Looking to the sky to count the stars." (from "Walk On Water Or Drown" by Mayday Parade)

It's the perfect size for my purse!

And next we have... a gorgeous flower with weeds! As strange as it sounds, this is a collection of lines from another of my songs. ("The Good Left Undone" by Rise Against)

I couldn't get a really good picture of the flower. It's a gorgeous purple-ly color, and the weeds are a bright green, with darker green and brown woven in. And they're at least 3 feet long! I'm thinking on wearing this instead of a belt. I love it! My daughter already tried to steal it! And purple is my favorite color, so double awesome!

And next, we have a tiny coffin with a red flower on it. (from "Thank You For The Venom" by My Chemical Romance)

And inside the coffin we have... earrings!! The earrings look like little pills, another nod to My Chemical Romance, and inside are tiny little stars. So amazing!

And next.... (no, I'm not finished yet!) We have an angel... ( another nod to Rise Against)

And then there was... This gorgeous flower. I'm not sure what it's made out of, it doesn't look like a normal dried flower. Unless maybe it's dehydrated? But I love it! And it's a really pretty dark purple/plum color. And glitter! It's already proudly on display in my living room!

And then... (nope, still not done) as an extra, sugar skulls! No really, they're made out of sugar!

I love sugar skulls! And these are awesome! I don't know how they make them so tiny. There's no size reference, but they're only about the size of a quarter. Awesome!!

I love everything so much!! Everything is so awesome!! I think my favorite is the flower with weeds, followed closely by the earrings. Thanks so much malisha !
THIS ROCKS   Logged

5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010 11:03:43 AM »

I'm so glad you liked it.

The flower is actually a scarf but you can wear it as a belt too

The skulls... well they are typical mexican candies, specially in these months so you can find them in a huge variety of sizes, from a little bit smaller than those to... around 15 inches (of course those are amazingly heavy, and not that cute)

AND the other flower is made out of .... corn leaves and then waxed. It's not made by me, but by local craftsters, anyhow, I thought you could like it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010 11:21:15 AM »

THANK YOU ALL GIRLS FOR BEING PART OF THIS SWAP!!  

WE ALL GOT TO SEE THE COOL STUFF YOU DID FOR YOUR PARTNERS, AND THAT REALLY INSPIRED ME!!1

BUT THE THING THAT MAKES ME SMILE THE MOST IS THAT WE HAD A TOTALLY FLAKE FREE SWAP (IT'S THE FIRST TIME I SEE THAT HAPPEN ON A SWAP) CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

By the way... i'm jealous of most of your packages!!!

HUGS!!! Kiss
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010 06:42:54 PM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LadybugsAndBumblebees

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010 03:52:18 PM »

Malisha, that was a really really nice way to end a swap!  Thank you soooo much, and good luck in your studies!  (And YEA for NO FLAKERS!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janiegrrl
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010 08:54:32 PM »

This was my awesome Headband my music craft partner The Beldam made for me

a very awesome necklace to go with it.
[/img]

and my all time favorite my very own lady gaga disco bra. I couldn't believe she had found one in my size that actually fit me and put all this work and effort into it.. I love it.. Thank you so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Ultimate Game-Day Dish: Buffalo Wing Hot Dogs
Authentic Barbecued Rib Recipes
How to Make BBQ Sauce and Coleslaw
Peppered Grilled Hamburger
Fourth of July Chicken Salad Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...