A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lonestar Eagle Quilts with Pattern  (Read 10336 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Supermutts
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: October 04, 2010 02:20:12 PM »

Lonestar Eagle Quilts with Pattern

This quilt design was taught to me by my grandmother and we worked on this quilt together over a period of three years because it kept having to be put on hold when I had to go back to grad school. But it is finally finished and I gave it to my brother as his Christmas present last year.

This is my quilt top but I still haven't managed to get around to actually putting the front together with the back and the batting (laziness). Sadly the edges puckered allot more than my brothers quilt that I made but since this one is mine I guess I can live with it if I ever bother to finish it.

The quilt is based off of a standard Lonestar quilt pattern with varying color placements to form the eagles. The pattern was drafted by my grandmother. She saw a picture of a similar quilt in a magazine at the hospital the day we found out my grandfather was dying and this pattern has had allot of significance to us ever since. My grandmother spent allot of time figuring out the pattern pieces afterwards and I then made her sketch into a computer diagram which is available below so that anyone else who is interested in this beautiful quilt pattern doesnt have to go through all the trouble trying to figure out the placement of colors.

I have a nice PDF of the quilt pattern so if you are interested its available on Deviant art at the link listed below

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/284/6/e/lonestar_eagle_quilt_pattern_by_supermutts-d30jyig.pdf

Hope you enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010 12:27:53 PM by Supermutts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." -Captain Mal
randl
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010 05:14:21 PM »

Your quilt is beatiful and so is your story! I wish soo much that I had've done things like this with my grandmother. You're very generous for sharing all your grandmothers and your hard work. Thank you! You've done a wonderful job on both quilts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
madkaysea
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010 06:11:34 PM »

Wow!!  That is so cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010 10:32:56 AM »

Very cool.  I love how it is just an alteration of a lone star - such cool things you can do with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
niktorious
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010 05:10:32 PM »

beautiful!  I love the colors in the brown one, the same pattern in two different color schemes really changes the feeling. 
thanks for sharing the pattern  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
njfish
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010 04:53:22 PM »

Wow, I like this quilt very much.  How creative, would love the PDF That's very generous of you.  Thank you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photographing a Red Squirrel
Tools of the Trade
Low Light Digital Photography
Simple Supplementary Lighting
Finding and Archiving Digital Images
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...