A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 63 Gallery  (Read 22381 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 20, 2010 07:13:39 PM »

There is a thread on here for gift ideas for men in the Occasions and Holidays Board If you look at Misc. there are people talking about crafts for boys/men.

I can't get that blue snap setter to work either  Angry  Buuuut I recently had a friend give me one of the plier styles. If I remember I will try that one out tonight and tell you how it went.

Thank you!  I will get right over there!  And I will eagerly await your info on how that snapsetter worked for you!
Okay so here are the reports. Interestingly enough I can't get the plier type to work but I can now suddenly get the blue one to. The reason why is because I didn't realize I was doing the blue one wrong. I didn't realize the tool was 3 pieces on a hinge. After I discovered this I gave it another try and it worked! Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's all I know for now. Now I have to figure out how to use the pliers properly, because whatever I'm doing isn't working.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Pistola
« Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010 07:16:42 PM »

Ok...so I received from goddessgarb this morning, and have been trying to get photos up all night!  I did manage to get this one up...will keep trying for the others, or she is going to post the pics she took.

She sent me 4 headbands, this one being my favorite, and it's reversible! The blue matched what I had put on today, and it is perfect! I asked for headbands, thinking I'd start wearing them, but never wearing them before. I asked hubby how it looked, and he said, "Oh, it's definitely a different look." Then a few minutes later..."It makes you look younger." then a few minutes later..."Actually, I kind of like it. Gives you kind of a hippie vibe." Then a few minutes LATER, "I really like that headband! It looks really great. So you have the pattern to make more?!" So I think it took him a minute to warm up to the change, but in the end he really likes it! LOL! I guess that's important, since he has to look at me all day!  haha
I got 3 more, one other is reversible, one side with tomatoes, and one with pickles! I tried the pickle side on, and from a first glance it doesn't scream "Pickles!" but actually looks like just a nice green pattern...so I may brave this one this weekend! I think I can rock the pickles...

Anyway, hope I can get up more pics. And I forgot to mention...She knows I'm teaching myself how to sew, with not too much luck, so she sent a template and instructions for the headbands so I can make some myself! Or at least try. Hence the hubby asking if I was going to make more...

Sorry for the long post, here's the picture:

Giving a 'look' to husband, who is telling me to "make love to the camera" in a bad French accent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Lady Pistola
« Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010 08:10:53 PM »

I got another picture to work! Smiley Here is all the stuff together, except the headband I'm already wearing of course!

At the top are 3 drawstring bags that everything came in, the 3 strips to the right are the headbands...plaid, fall flowers, and tomatoes, reverse side is pickles. Left is a bib she made my boy, I'm going to finish it with a velcro closure (I can't do snaps either) and attach a teething ring to the bottom tab. Perfect teething bib! Then is a little buggy needlebook, SO CUTE!  has needles inside and everything! Then in the same fabric as my headband (Smiley) is a sweet checkbook cover! The inside has cute fabric too...but these dang pictures are just not working for me! I hope she posts photos if she has better ones!  And the fleece fabric with the pups on it? She sent that too! She really made my day!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010 08:26:21 PM »

Oh, I'm so tickled you like it all so much, Lady Pistola!  Oh, btw, the fall flowers and plaid are reversible too, just to plain white and natural cotton colors, which I thought would be good neutrals.   Smiley  I'll post my pics since you're having such a time of it!

All the headbands laid out so you can see both sides:

The inside of the checkbook cover, with little pink ribbons to hold up the pages of your check register.  Outside is the same as the lining which you can see between the pockets:

The outside of the needlebook:

The inside of the needlebook, with strawberry needle threader and pins, and there were needles on the next page of it:

It was more red than that, not so much orange, but I could NOT get the color to come out right on the pics.

Your pics showed the bib and gift bags just fine, and you look so awesome in that headband!  And yes, now you can make them for every outfit and mood.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
Lady Pistola
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010 08:32:27 PM »

Oh, btw, the fall flowers and plaid are reversible too, just to plain white and natural cotton colors, which I thought would be good neutrals. 

Haha! I didn't even realize!  Tongue Genius!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2010 08:37:15 PM »

Those headbands are AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 20, 2010 08:43:31 PM »

fab headbands - fantastic package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 20, 2010 08:50:44 PM »

I definitely need to make myself some of those. Good destashing project to get rid of my scraps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #68 on: October 20, 2010 09:30:51 PM »

Those headbands are AWESOME!

Thanks!   Grin  Hmmm...I claimed you for some surprises...and it's all ready to send out tomorrow...wonder if maybe you got one?   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #69 on: October 20, 2010 09:33:13 PM »

I definitely need to make myself some of those. Good destashing project to get rid of my scraps! Smiley

It's awesome for that, and I made a template that is just the right size for using fat quarters, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kelly Osbourne Dishes On Fall Trends
How-To: Chic and Functional Ponytail for Athletes
Makeup Mistakes To Avoid
Facial Toners You Can Make At Home
Need to Know: The Return of Penny Loafers, Cheap Eats, and Closed Circuit
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...