A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,029
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 63 Gallery  (Read 22674 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2010 11:48:08 AM »

Your son's "model pout" is too funny!

Hey, it's "blue steel!"   Wink  Cute wallets and hat!  Someone has mastered the snap installation process...I am in awe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2010 12:34:59 PM »

Hey, it's "blue steel!"   Wink
Oh I donno, looks more like Le Tigre to me  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vdbonnett
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2010 12:37:40 PM »

Great things, batman wallet makes me smile Smiley
Hey, it's "blue steel!"   Wink  Cute wallets and hat!  Someone has mastered the snap installation process...I am in awe.

Thank you so much! I appreciate the compliments. Y'all just made my day! Grin

They are actually Nintendo DS cases that I made for SMLounbury's kids.  This is what they look like on the inside:

Please ignore the messy stitches at the bottom of the Batman case- I had to stitch it up by hand because my machine refused to do it.  I think it was due to the fact that I had to use Batman flannel because I couldn't find ANY Batman cotton.  I was so disappointed, but I think it turned out alright anyway.  As far as the snaps go, my husband helped me.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/vdbonnett

My blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'ourminiatureadventures.blogspot.com')
jessiben

I wish my execution was on par with my inspiration

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2010 01:26:10 PM »

I love the Hello Kitty DS Case...and the TARDIS shirt. JEALOUS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you think this is near death you haven't lived yet."
-The 4th Doctor

http://promptedprojects.blogspot.com
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2010 03:36:00 PM »

Thank you so much! I appreciate the compliments. Y'all just made my day! Grin

They are actually Nintendo DS cases that I made for SMLounbury's kids. 

Oh wow, those are AWESOME.  Look at all the pockets for games!  And the stylus!  I made my son one out of felt with elastics to put the games in, but this is waaaaay better.  He takes his DS EVERYWHERE.  I might actually have something I can make him (he's 14) that he'll use and that won't be so uncool he'll get called names at school.   Undecided  Thanks for the inspiration!  We need a board just for crafty gift ideas for men and boys...maybe I'll start one, or maybe you should, with these!

Did you use cardboard inside the fabric, or just heavy interfacing?  And what kind of snapsetter?  I bought the little blue one from Joann's and dritz snaps.  Crap, let me tell you.  I don't know if it's the setter or the snaps, but I ruined every set trying to get it to work.  I really want to find a way to set snaps, so any help you can give will be deeply appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2010 03:54:20 PM »

We need a board just for crafty gift ideas for men and boys...maybe I'll start one, or maybe you should, with these!

I bought the little blue one from Joann's and dritz snaps.  Crap, let me tell you.  I don't know if it's the setter or the snaps, but I ruined every set trying to get it to work.  I really want to find a way to set snaps, so any help you can give will be deeply appreciated.

There is a thread on here for gift ideas for men in the Occasions and Holidays Board If you look at Misc. there are people talking about crafts for boys/men.

I can't get that blue snap setter to work either  Angry  Buuuut I recently had a friend give me one of the plier styles. If I remember I will try that one out tonight and tell you how it went.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindyv321
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

That is sooo Craftastic!

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2010 04:27:15 PM »

Hey, it's "blue steel!"   Wink
Oh I donno, looks more like Le Tigre to me  Cheesy

HA!!! You guys are cracking me up!  Here I thought he was just blowing all you lovely ladies a kiss  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2010 04:29:30 PM »

There is a thread on here for gift ideas for men in the Occasions and Holidays Board If you look at Misc. there are people talking about crafts for boys/men.

I can't get that blue snap setter to work either  Angry  Buuuut I recently had a friend give me one of the plier styles. If I remember I will try that one out tonight and tell you how it went.

Thank you!  I will get right over there!  And I will eagerly await your info on how that snapsetter worked for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2010 04:43:17 PM »

LOVE the Hello Kitty DS case!  I would have one on my list if my daughter didn't already have a case.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vdbonnett
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2010 07:11:35 PM »

Thank y'all so much  Grin

I used this tutorial:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=304534.msg3517609#msg3517609

But I didn't add the straps to make them into purses and I didn't had the little wrist strap.  It was SO simple to make and her directions are very easy to follow.  I used a light weight pellon (iron on interfacing) and then fun foam for the inside.  I got the fun foam at Walmart for like $5 for a package of 12 legal-sized sheets.  You can probably get it individually at a craft store.  For the snaps, I used pearl snaps and I didn't buy the little tool kit.  The tool was extra and the box had directions on the back. 

This is what we did:

1. marked where the top (pearl part) was going to go and pushed it into the fabric. 
2. then took it's other half (the female part of the snap) and pushed it down on top of it with the fabric sandwiched in between.
3.placed the strap where the pearl side was facing the table and put fabric underneath it so it wouldn't crack and beat the other half with the rubber end of a screw driver.

For the male half of the snap:
1. we left an opening in the ds case and pushed the male half onto the fabric first
2. then pushed its other half into the other side of the fabric.  (on the inside of the ds case)
3. we took a thread spool (because of the little hole) and stuck it on top of the male half to keep it steady
4. then beat the top of the spool with a hammer. 

I hope my directions make sense.  It took a couple of tries for us to get it right.  I think we ended up breaking 2 or 3 before we figured it out.  Just make sure that you have plenty of padding underneath the pearl part and it shouldn't break.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/vdbonnett

My blog: preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'ourminiatureadventures.blogspot.com')
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Recycled Paper for Rolling and Drying
How to Roll and Dry Recycled Paper Art
How to Create Landscape Art with Recycled Paper
Types of Art You Can Make with Recycled Paper
How to Make Kirigami Hanabi Fireworks Paper Cutting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...