A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Please take a moment to congratulate and thank our newest Craftster Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss!
Total Members: 305,649
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 63 Gallery  (Read 31148 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2010 07:05:57 AM »

ZILLA doll when did 15% possum become yarn?? HOW I thougth they were short hair animals that is cool...Funny is it just a name or really from the Opossum?? WOW

It is real possum, but no it is not quite the same animal as American opossum, though they look a bit alike and are both marsupials I think. NZ possums are originally from Australia, they were introduced here. In Aussie they are native and protected, but here in NZ they are a major pest (and I mean MAJOR, there are millions of the evil little beasties), one of the worst environmental disasters for our forests and birds. They have really nice, warm, lightweight fur, which is great for fur things and in yarn (blended with merino for length). So it is a truly eco-friendly fur, and very nice to wear!

I need Possum wrist warmers LOL....Need Need Need ROTFL..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Dawl
Have glue gun, will travel !

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2010 07:29:41 AM »

Omg I'd love to try some of that possum yarn, question though, how do they harvest it ? Shear them like sheep ? Or is it more gruesome than that since they're considered pests there ?

Everything is gorgeous ! I love that wall art, that'd look great on our boat...you know the one we haven't bought yet LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PixieVal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There is no right or wrong, when it comes to making art. Making sure that you have fun is the most important part. -Mickey Mouse

Did he just go crazy and fall asleep?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2010 09:39:33 AM »

2 awesome pages I received last week!

First from banga a Halloween wall art inspired by a quilt on my wist. I love it so much!

Thank you!

And from Lady Pistola, ornaments for my daycare providers, I love those ladies so much! She was inspired by foods you would see in a daycare, and these are absolutely freakin' darling! Its so hard to not keep these for ourselves!

This is a closeup on the 5 different ones, I believe the salt on the pretzel is all french knots! Holy crap! This is not all of them, there are 5 of each kind of ornment, giving each of my girls a set of their own. Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2010 10:23:25 AM »

I saw those animal cookie ornaments in my new book just two days ago and thought they were absolutely amazing!  Sooooo cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
gamemom42
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2010 11:42:59 AM »

I am not at all into Halloween/witches/etc... but I really love that wall art.  And those animal ornaments are way too cute.  I can't believe she made you 25 of them!  Your daycare providers are going to love their gifts so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2010 11:47:33 AM »

Omg I'd love to try some of that possum yarn, question though, how do they harvest it ? Shear them like sheep ? Or is it more gruesome than that since they're considered pests there ?

Let's just say ... the possums do not survive. (The fur is harvested from pest animals, not farmed, trapping is done as humanely as possible.) Which, even though I am an animal-loving softie vegetarian, I can assure you is A Good Thing. They do enormous harm here. They make lovely gloves and things though! I have a possum merino sweater which is the lightest, warmest thing I own. The fur is hollow, so it is much warmer and lighter even than things like merino and cashmere.

There are a few places that sell possum products, the yarn here (http://www.thewoolcompany.co.nz/Products5.aspx?CategoryId=37) seems to be quite good value when I've shopped round online. The particular one I sent zila is a one off special batch from the local yarn factory, one colour only. If any of you are really interested in possum stuff, you can PM me Smiley

Oh and babalina ... noted! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugaree
.:loser:.

If I was a bed, I would stay unmade.

« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2010 05:52:02 PM »

i received from udhillb a little bit ago.
she sent me 3 pairs of bamboo knitting needles ( Shocked) and this tote bag

sadly, one of the patches fell off and the rest are all threatening to do the same  Undecided  udhillb, any suggestion how to reattach them?  i don't have an iron, so heat setting isn't an option...

thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*shut up you know nothing know it all*~

.:when you wist upon a star:.  http://www.wists.com/sugaree
Lady Pistola
« Reply #207 on: November 07, 2010 06:47:08 PM »

I'm so glad you like the snack ornaments! And I didn't realize BEFORE I started how long it takes to do french knots on everything, especially when you have to switch colors every 3 or so knots (for the animal cookie ones). In the end I really like how they turned out though, so the process was worth it! And I hadn't seen them in any book either! It started with the goldfish crackers, and the idea went from there. I just traced images I found online. I'm glad you like them enough to give them as gifts to your girls! It was super fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have vintage smurf sheets and do embroidery and stenciling...wanna swap?
Dawl
Have glue gun, will travel !

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2010 02:39:47 AM »

Let's just say ... the possums do not survive. (The fur is harvested from pest animals, not farmed, trapping is done as humanely as possible.) Which, even though I am an animal-loving softie vegetarian, I can assure you is A Good Thing. They do enormous harm here. They make lovely gloves and things though! I have a possum merino sweater which is the lightest, warmest thing I own. The fur is hollow, so it is much warmer and lighter even than things like merino and cashmere.

There are a few places that sell possum products, the yarn here (http://www.thewoolcompany.co.nz/Products5.aspx?CategoryId=37) seems to be quite good value when I've shopped round online. The particular one I sent zila is a one off special batch from the local yarn factory, one colour only. If any of you are really interested in possum stuff, you can PM me Smiley

Oh and babalina ... noted! Cheesy

Thanks for the info and the link Smiley I just might have to order me some possum yarn lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

claire313

Make Tea, Not War!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2010 06:57:18 AM »

that dress is GORGEOUS (i need to add one to my list now haha) and i love the owl book!!

possum yarn does not bring good images to my head hahaha but im thinking of the narsty weasle-y possums that eat our cat food. i'm assuming NZ possums are cuter Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Designing a Brand That Even Non-Designers Can Work With
Testing Geo Restrictions
Bars2.Mp4
Bars4.Mp4
Giant Artwork Viewed From The Sky
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Painted Background
Easy Summer Salads
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...