A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 63 Gallery  (Read 23910 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #190 on: November 06, 2010 07:51:00 AM »

It's been like Christmas here for the past few days.  Since Thursday, I've gotten my last 4 round 63 packages!

First up, this long awaited t-shirt from mixer145.  I constantly tell my daughters not to be so "smarmy".  I actually thought I'd made the word up for years until I read it in an old English novel a couple of years ago.  My youngest ( the 22 year old) is without doubt the smarmiest of the two, so I asked for a shirt for her:

The writing is actually a pretty medium purple.  I was extremely picky about the style and fit of this shirt and mixer got it 100% right. 

Next is one of the most impressive things I've seen in a long time ( not to take away from all the impressive things I've seen and gotten).  Craftybeachgirl claimed me for a tote made from recycled bags.  I fully expected this to be quite "homemade" looking, because to strip the plastic bags into even strips would be hard enough, but to crochet them would be crazy hard.  Look at this perfectly even, wonderfully made bag:

and a close up of the work:

babalina had told me that craftybeachgirl did beautiful work, and it wasn't just a mom bragging about her daughter.  It is really exceptionally well done.

Surprise!  She sent a pretty sleep mask along as a surprise.  I'm actually going to give this to my friend Terri.  She works three jobs ( to support her kids after her scum husband.... well, anyway...) and has to grab sleep at all hours whenever she can.  I love giving her little things to brighten her day.

My best friend's daughter is passionate about breast cancer support/research.  We don't know why but its her pet cause, and a wonderful one at that.  She owns about all the "store bought" breast cancer stuff, so I needed a OOAK for her Christmas gift this year. 

lafemmefatale stenciled this great bag for me and even sent a cd supporting breast cancer research and a pin.  There was even an newspaper in the bag with an article about a breast cancer event.  It's so nice to have another gift marked off my list for this Christmas.

She sent me a rotary cutter too!!!!!! but somehow it didn't make it in the picture.

And finally; Ink_A_Dink claimed me for a wisty surprise and sent me a box of wisty goodness!

She sent two beautifully stitched embroidered pieces.  I love all things owl and the other one is one I've been wanting forever.  I'm 47 so most of my friends are in those wonderful peri-menopausal years.  I'm just waiting on the first one to have the first hot flash so I can stick this one in a frame and give it to her. 

And to all my kittie's delight, we got new mice with wonderfully long tails just waiting to be ripped into shreds!  I would have done action shots, but I felt that I had taken too much space up with my huge haul of goodies

Thank you mixer145, Thank you craftybeachgirl,

Thank you lafemmefatale, Thank you Ink_A_Dink

I am so happy with all my gifts!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lafemmefatale

Can't be old n wise if you are never young n crazy

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #191 on: November 06, 2010 08:41:10 AM »

Hahahaha,
That newspaper is only in there because I'm a space cadet and forgot to take it out after the stencil.  But I'm so glad it had something relevant on it. 
I mean, yeah.... it was purposeful.  I searched for hours for the piece that would go with the bag. Smiley

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  Smiley You got some amazing stuff this week!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ink_A_Dink
There's nothing like stepping through the threshold into adventure.

« Reply #192 on: November 06, 2010 09:08:22 AM »

I received a box full of wonderful stamps from MCook72677. I have learned that taking pictures of stamps is quite difficult, so this is the best one I got. I can't wait to start using them. There is a beautiful Angel that will be fantastic for one of the scrapbooks I make.

THANK YOU SO MUCH MCook72677!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"-Helen Keller

http://www.wists.com/InkSpot
gamemom42

« Reply #193 on: November 06, 2010 09:36:53 AM »

Hahahaha,
That newspaper is only in there because I'm a space cadet and forgot to take it out after the stencil.  But I'm so glad it had something relevant on it. 
I mean, yeah.... it was purposeful.  I searched for hours for the piece that would go with the bag. Smiley

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!  Smiley You got some amazing stuff this week!!!

Are you serious?  The front page story is about a walk for breast cancer research.  That's too funny. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zilamonster

Who's awesome? ...you're awesome.

« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2010 12:21:39 PM »

I received a beautiful and thoughtful package from jemimah on Thursday and it really brightened my day!!

She sent this soft and lovely yarn (15% possum, 15 alpaca, and 70% merino) and I know just want I'm going to use it for too! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/hawthorne-3

She also sent along this mini-journal with handmade paper- which I love. And, the owl is adorable

Then, my favorite, an embroidered song bird. This is pure indulgence for me as I can't do anything like this. I can hardly express how much I absolutely adore this little bird. At first I thought I would hang it in the living room (so all could wonder at its loveliness) but then I decided to be selfish and hang it next to my sewing desk so I can be constantly inspired by it.

ETA: you can't tell from the pictures but the bird has different textures throughout the body and the wings. No picture can do it justice, it is really amazing and artful.

Thank you so much, jemimah, you are wonderful and generous and very talented!!  Grin
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 12:24:35 PM by zilamonster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2010 01:29:19 PM »

I'm so glad you like your things, zila! Cheesy

For the little notebook, I used some of the lovely paper lindyv321 sent me - thanks again lindy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Acadian Driftwood

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil

« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2010 02:46:25 PM »

I received half of my claim from goddessgarb, the wall art part! It's an easy size to frame since it didn't come with one, and I really love the colors. It reminds me of the shifting patterns of sunlight through water. Smiley

Thanks again ggarb, and I can't wait for the second half!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Anyone have a couple extra felting needles? I'll trade for them!

Pinterest

Etsy shop
goddessgarb
Artful Journeyer

I am not your carpet ride; I am the sky...

« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2010 06:06:19 PM »

I received half of my claim from goddessgarb, the wall art part! It's an easy size to frame since it didn't come with one, and I really love the colors. It reminds me of the shifting patterns of sunlight through water. Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/138272_06Nov10_DSCF0093.JPG

Thanks again ggarb, and I can't wait for the second half!

Oh yay, that's exactly what I was going for.  Smiley  I hope you like the rest!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 07:12:03 PM by kittykill - Reason: Quoted Image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://theartfuljourney.wordpress.com
Paper and Ephemera Swap Rd. 11 http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431439.20
Open to Personal Swapping, esp. mail art, supplies, and ephemera
babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2010 07:27:51 PM »

lafemmefatale that dress is great and so pretty on..Just a thought if you have to you can remove the pockets and use the fabric if needed to let the top out a bit and let the girls breath LOL...

Gamemom42 she has a few of these she has done. Funny she does a great job with cut bags but yarn is a diff story LOL she can do paper too it is cool too..the hard part is cutting the strips but I help her out with the rotary cutters...Her gramdma tough her this craft.

Thelast man that looks like it took a long time to do. It is quite lovely and I thought water as soon as I saw it too...Michael's has frames really cheep with a coupon Smiley

ZILLA doll when did 15% possum become yarn?? HOW I thougth they were short hair animals that is cool...Funny is it just a name or really from the Opossum?? WOW
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2010 08:39:55 PM »

ZILLA doll when did 15% possum become yarn?? HOW I thougth they were short hair animals that is cool...Funny is it just a name or really from the Opossum?? WOW

It is real possum, but no it is not quite the same animal as American opossum, though they look a bit alike and are both marsupials I think. NZ possums are originally from Australia, they were introduced here. In Aussie they are native and protected, but here in NZ they are a major pest (and I mean MAJOR, there are millions of the evil little beasties), one of the worst environmental disasters for our forests and birds. They have really nice, warm, lightweight fur, which is great for fur things and in yarn (blended with merino for length). So it is a truly eco-friendly fur, and very nice to wear!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010 08:43:39 PM by jemimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 27 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Choose a Tankini
How to Choose the Correct Swimsuit Size
How to Choose a One-Piece Swimsuit
How to Choose a Monokini
DIY Elsa Costume For Under $30
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...