A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frustrated  (Read 599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

follie
« on: October 03, 2010 07:49:05 PM »

I'm sorry for posting a rant thread, but I need to get this out to people who would understand.

I am so frustrated right now! It seems like lately, everything I try to sew turns to mush! I have yet to get a bought pattern to work out for me (even the "Very Easy even my dog can do it!" patterns). The patterns I've drafted myself, which have worked several times, are not turning out! Boo!! I want to get working on things- my costume, my fall wardrobe, and just something new to wear, but am so frustrated with everything turning out wrong.

I think I'm going to go crochet and pout.  Undecided

Thanks for listening!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonRhapsody
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

AP Practicing, Crafty Momma

Crafty, AP Momma of 2 boys!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010 12:53:07 AM »

Ha! I know the feeling! At least you know how to sew a lot! Or draft your own patterns! I want to alter some of my clothing, or make some new stuff and it's so hard trying to find anything that would suit my body style! @___@;;

As for the crafting front, everything I've touched has turned to mush much like yourself! I started knitting socks and they turned out .25" too big! >___>

And as for sewing, I majorly messed up my wall-quilt for my MIL! @___@
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010 09:56:50 AM »

What problems specifically are you having? Perhaps someone can help. Sometimes the super easy patterns don't look very good because super easy means less sewing, less sewing means baggy and shapeless. I don't know what you are trying to make, so that could not be the case. PJ pants are in the super easy patterns and they should turn out like PJ pants.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
OrangeKnickers
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010 02:29:24 PM »

You're not alone!  I think we all have periods of crafty hell where all we're churning out is crap.  It's hard to remember that here where we all the beautiful things other people are making.  It might make us feel inferior or a tad bit jealous, but we have to remember that everyone posts items that they think turned out.  They aren't posting their failures, but they certainly still have them.

I think it's healthy to walk away for a bit.  I like to have several crafts going at once so that when I'm frustrated I can move to something else to build back my crafty self-esteem before returning to the problem craft.  I'm sorry that you are frustrated.  I hope that it is short lived, and remember that we all feel that way sometimes.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist list

Will do private swaps for keys, cogs, and steampunk goodness.
Alexus1325
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010 11:57:47 AM »

*pat, pat*

And that's why I drink while I sew Tongue

Your strategy is a good one, in my experience. Once you've crocheted for a few days, you'll keep looking at your sewing and sigh and eventually grumble, pick it up and stick it back in the sewing machine. I often frog my "frustration-releasing" crochet projects. Or else half a hat will sit there for a month til I decide to re-ball it Tongue

Don't worry, you'll find your mojo, even if it's next month.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

follie
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010 07:08:21 PM »

Periods of crafty hell- the perfect way to describe it!!!

Thanks for the nice words, everyone! I did go and crochet some more, and it did help. I've just decided to put sewing on the side for now, and focus on getting Christmas presents done (I have so much to do!). This weekend, I'll try again to get my costume going.

hoxierice: It's all user error. I don't cut it right, I don't read the instructions right...someday I'll figure it out! Once I get my brain screwed in right, I'll go back to the TNT patterns I drafted. It's a way of getting back on the horse.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010 03:34:29 PM »

OK, I totally understand. What I hate the most is when I say something like "remember not to make THIS mistake" and then down the line you realize that in fact you did make that mistake!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dramatic Reads: Chris Roberson
Dramatic Reads: Ian Brill
Dramatic Reads: Chris Sebella
Dramatic Reads: Christopher Hastings
Dramatic Reads: Ryan North
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...