A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,676
Currently Running With Scissors:
659 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to make kitty happy?  (Read 1019 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2010 09:37:32 AM »

So due to the ecomony Im being forced to take my 3 furry babies and move into a tiny basement bedroom (with seprate craft space!). This means my 3 babies have to get along with moms 3 cats (who live next door to my room and have full roam of the basement (as will mine)). Most of my 3 have lived with at least one of moms so this isnt the problem. The problem is I want to make this a happy room and spoil the kittys more. I am planning on making wall mounted cat steps up to my tiny windows. What else can I do? I have one cat who likes to play, one cat that likes being up high and one cat whos whole exisitance revolves around finding someone to pet her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
sultrykitten
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010 04:37:02 PM »

I have this cat rocker thing I got a walmart it looks like this

I got it for like 12$ Though I did have to future glue that tube on the side to the rocker because my cats kept knocking it off. However since then it has worked great even had a 3 year old scoot all over my floor in it and it didn't break. Anyways it's like several toys in one and also pretty small. They also make all sorts of toys you can hang on the backs of doors now (which I'm sure you could make yourself easy enough, you could just go look for ideas). Laser pointers are great for you to interact with your cat and have a toy that takes up no room my cats will spend hours chasing that thing if I'd let them lol.

Also you could hang off little toys on the bottom part of some of the lower steps going to your window, since you will already have them there it would take up like no space.

You could also make a small "rubbing post" for the cat that loves to be petted, so they can pet themselvs anytime.

Good luck! I'm sure they will be happy with whatever you decide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LoveNTheOcean
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010 07:29:59 PM »

1) PVC Pipe Hammock: http://crittergeek.com/?p=86
2) Peek-A-Prize: Get a wide narrow box (that closes on all sides). Cut some holes in it, put some toys (balls) in it. Cats will try to get the toys! Cheesy Google "Peek a prize" to get an idea.
3) Tug O' War and Wand Toy:
http://www.catchannel.com/images/media/AFPECCHO0904_NEW.pdf
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Wavy Curls
How to Do Spiral Curls
How to Do Pin Curls
How to Perm Hair
How to Choose a Perm
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...