A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 299,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tank Girl Swap - Gallery  (Read 6420 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

stitchFIGHT
« on: October 01, 2010 08:00:39 AM »

Original thread - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355425.0

Partners:
stitchFIGHT <> jen0cide
Hebe73 <> zombiecazz
MommyTheMaid <> lanikins
MissCrafty29 <> Kaiser Scissorhands
KasmiraGypsy <> Lady Lovecraft
CoanTeen <> TrickyMcVomit

Green = Sent
Purple = Partner has received
Orange = Late with communication
Red = Problem *Contact me ASAP*
Strike Through = Feedback Given
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010 03:53:11 AM by stitchFIGHT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010 10:24:11 PM »

Someone received! Need pictures nooow. :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CoanTeen
Witch who Walks without Feet

Searching for my own "Golden Path"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010 10:30:48 PM »

I have pictures of what i sent if Tricky McVomit isn't able to take pictures soon!! I hope she liked it all >>nervous<<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Geek chic, Gamer Gorgeous, Punk Pretty, Angry Beautiful.
You want it? I Made it!
www.ShinshayOriginals.com

Wist- http://www.wists.com/Coanteen

Need crocheted hats, Will sew anything for you if you can make me hats!
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2010 02:57:06 PM »

I received today and I am absolutely over the moon.

I got two wonderful t-shirts, which I can't wait to wear.

A fabulous Hat, I love it. great for the scottish weather.

Super cute earrings.

And finally my absolutely favourite thing........My very own Mini Tank girl. The detail is fantastic, down to the red lace underwear and the booga on the shorts.

AND SHE HAS BOOBIES.    Grin

Thank you Hebe73 this has been an awesome swap. I hope you like your goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010 03:29:28 PM »

Yay.. Glad you like everything.. I found a pattern on the internet for the doll and it didnt have boobies.. So I amended the pattern.. or so i thought.. I had to redo her body as I put her boobies on her back!! I now have a request from my boyfriend.. He wants Bison from Street Fighter.. lol..

The hat is awesome and I am making one for myself (and my bf, and a colleague and probably more when I show it on facebook) The tutorial and pattern are on threadbangers.. When I found i knew i had to make one..

Many firsts for my this swap.. Bleaching.. the black t-shirt, fabric spray paint.. the white t-shirt, friendly plastic. the earrings, making a doll.

I should get yours tomorrow.. but in work till 6.. So fingers crossed.. I got 3 packages from the us and 1 from you to recieve..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010 01:56:37 AM »

The dolls hair is awesome! Just like the movie Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MommyTheMaid
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010 06:34:33 AM »

Fabulous package and I am in LOVE with the black shirt. 

Lani and I met up last night and exchanged and I am blown away by the goodies she made me and by how cool she is.  I will get pics and post later today. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010 10:19:09 AM »

Get your wisting fingers ready.  You are going to want everything that Lani gave me.

Here is a group pic:

and a close up of the bag:

she HAND PAINTED it!!  It took her like 4 hours and it is absoulutly amazing.  I took everything out of my purse at the table and put it all in my new bag. 

and the poppet.  She is my new love.  I took her to coffee with me and played with her all night.  PA PA PA POW!!

look at all the detailing:

and here is a picture of the poppet I made for her sitting next to the beauty she made for me.  I have so many ideas how to improve my poppet skills now.  This doll is seriously AMAZING. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010 10:44:19 AM »

So awesome! I love the apron:) I feel bad that everyones starting to receive and I'm still working on it:/ I was up till two last night working on it and it's still not quite done yet... I was going to ask if I could send everything else and then send the last thing late when I was done, but then I noticed the new rule on "partial packages". Boo.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010 04:02:32 PM »

Tank Girl twin poppets Tongue Nice! I usually don't like poppet but these rock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010 04:51:32 PM »

I missed my package delivery by a second! Going to try to pick it up tonight, but if it's not back at the post office yet i'll be getting it tomorrow morning! Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CoanTeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010 07:59:39 PM »

So here is the package i made for Tricky Mcvomit <3

Her box was covered in RAINBOW cuze... uh it was cool.

Here are all the contents together. A stenciled Crafting bag, on the back it says 'walk softly and carry and big gun'. A Stenciled Tank top with chain and lock that says 'lock up your sons!' A pain of painted Doc Marten boots, a hand made hat and a ton of Tank girl lines on shrinkydink pins!!

Ignore my laundry, i made this hat with a ton of Tank girls lines as Shrinky-dink pins. It's lined with blue skull print <3 so awesome!

And yeah, there it is! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You want it? I Made it!

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010 08:33:59 PM »

Holy balls! Most beautiful package! I love the messy, dirty look of everything. Right up my ally<3
I have boot envy right now and I love love love the back pack and hat. Lucky Tricky McVomit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010 12:42:27 PM »

Wants those Docs!! Love the package, great job Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hebe73
Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010 03:32:45 PM »

I received from Zombiecazz today.. Got me some awesome goodies!!

All of them together

I got a sockpuppet Booga!! Look at his shorts!! An awesome embroidered bag with cute lining and the most awesomest purple skull and crossbone fingerless gloves!!

Close up of the embroidery

the detail is amazing!

And action shot of the gloves.. I am planning on going dressed up as Tank Girl this Halloween!! Making myself a bomberhat like i send Zombiecazz and these gloves are going to be part of it as well!

Thank you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists
lanikins
you can't take life too seriously...you'll never make it out alive

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010 06:18:16 PM »

I got a big ol batch of awesomeness!!!!!!!!  I got a Tank Girl poppet (with gun), the softest, most awesome socks EVER, a white tee and transfer paper so I can add the Tank Girl pic of my choice, and my Booga pants, which I am presently wearing!!!

Of course...the group shot:

My beautiful Tank Girl poppet...she's been hanging out with me in my living room since Monday.

And my AWESOME Booga pants...because I <3 Booga SO HARD!!!

This was the coolest swap...it was almost like we had the same brain for our items (as you can see from the pic of our poppets together).  We hung out for HOURS and it flew by...it was so much fun!!!  So thank you for all the amazing goodies!!!  BEST SWAP EVER!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010 09:19:01 PM »

I received the most AMAZING package! :

This incredibly amazing helmet! I've wanted one for an insanely long time, I love it so much!

The MLP kept falling off, I got the behind to stay now I just gotta get the front to stay:D Such a good idea. The barbie is my favorite.

Amazing crocheted goggles!

And two lovely bleached shirts! They fit perfectly!

Thank you so much Kasmira Gypsy ! You did a wonderful job with everything!

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010 09:20:00 PM by Lady Lovecraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged
KasmiraGypsy
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010 09:54:59 PM »

AHHH They seemed sturdy when i mailed it Sad. Maybe a different kind of glue? I used hot glue clearly it didnt work out. Maybe some kind of super super glue? Sorry about that.

I'm so glad the goggles and T's fit! I had a blast making everything. The T's where a first for me. They turned out way better then i thought they would. I now have requests from the family for T's based on there favorite video games lol.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchFIGHT
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010 09:39:49 AM »

!Awesome look Lady Lovecraft, love it!

Ooow I want a helmet like that, rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
marleymiss
Only Skin

Stitches 'n' Hoes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010 09:57:02 AM »

Wow everything in this gallery is awesome Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MommyTheMaid
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010 03:03:41 PM »

The helmet is brilliant!

I am so glad you like everything and that the pants fit Lani!  It was so awesome to meet you and chat.  We should totally do it again sometime over coffee Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CoanTeen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010 03:34:46 PM »

I received today from Tricky McVomit!! This proves to be a truly amazing swap! at first it was hard to come up with ideas, but seeing all the great stuff it just mindboggling!! How just one woman touched so many of our lives forever!

Man I needed a new wallet, how did you know??

This is AMAZING!!! It's going up in my smoking lounge just as soon as mah boy wake up from his nap! <3 <3 It's amazing, check out all this detail!!

AGAIN, AMAZING swap! Ticky McVomit Ur wonderful!! <3 <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You want it? I Made it!

TrickyMcVomit
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010 11:34:29 PM »

The hat was very much inspired by this particular photo
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/14274/tankgirl2.jpg
(not the Fairuza part, but hot damn anyhow)

The shirt and the hat I had to make similar ones for myself because I didn't want to give them up! I did give you the better of the two(s) I am not about to try those checkerboard sleeves again so soon, they were a pain, but I LOVE THEM!!

The painting was originally by Lora Zombie
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FLOnZeTX6TI/SS5jUVjTvSI/AAAAAAAADrg/62Zs1lp1EqY/s1600-h/tank_girl.jpg

I didn't know how to fill the background, so I did paper mache smoke cloud and filled it with all sorts of fun teeny tiny eye spy things and painted them to match.

This swap is coming along great, I'm so impressed with everybody and I am thrilled to have been a part of it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jen0cide
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010 09:05:19 PM »

I'm so excited looking through everyone's pictures! I can't wait to actually get my package sent out. I had a whole ton of life get in the way, boo. But sooo close to being done and sooo excited!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010 09:12:13 PM »

I'm so excited looking through everyone's pictures! I can't wait to actually get my package sent out. I had a whole ton of life get in the way, boo. But sooo close to being done and sooo excited!

Wooosh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't sent out yet. But I'm super excited to be finished and send as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2010 11:36:01 PM »

I've given positive feedback to everyone whose partner has received. Just a few more days to the 2-week deadline (which is when I need to give negative feedback to everyone who hasn't send yet).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010 05:35:40 PM »

I've given positive feedback to everyone whose partner has received. Just a few more days to the 2-week deadline (which is when I need to give negative feedback to everyone who hasn't send yet).

What's a few more days? :/
I'm so super close to being done.. I just realized I'm going to LA tomorrow to celebrate my birthday so I'll have the car time to work on it! And hopefully also finish it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaiser Scissorhands

Why am I sticky & naked? Did I miss something fun?

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010 10:54:13 PM »

I received today! it was awesome. I love everything!

I'm going to start with may favorite:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4091/5077106928_8b127fb66d.jpg

I don't know what level of stalking Miss Crafty did, but this perfectly matches the paintings that hang in our living room (of Wonder Woman and Electra). I just redecorated, so I need to get everything back on teh walls, but i'm going to post a picture of everything up together.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4001/5077107038_fd8fe0dae0.jpg

A really cute bag with Tank stenciled on. It's a small messenger bag. There is a cute bomb safety pinned on the corner.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4090/5076512395_c24924f3de.jpg

Jewelry set, which also includes an anklet, bracelet and ring. These are super cute. I'm planning to wear them on date night this week. they are hanging on the inside of this:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/5077106732_7df3143c9e.jpg

Its funny, because this directly correlates with something that I sent her. Jet girl is may favorite character. I love this!

I also got some awesome maple lollipops. Maple is my favorite candy ever.

Thank you, MissCrafty!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013 08:42:33 AM by rackycoo - Reason: changed non-working images to links » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010 11:11:20 PM »

Everything is so amazing! I'm loving all the tank girl art pieces. and the bag is awesome! As is the jewelry. I love the nuts and bolts and is that a bottle cap that the targets on? Such a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010 11:24:25 PM »

October 15th^

Great package, and the painting is awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010 11:52:20 PM »

October 15th^

Great package, and the painting is awesome!

Ah! Okay, gonna try with every part of my being to send out before or by then! If I can't send lets say till saturday or monday, but I do send out is my negative feedback changed to positive? Or did I eff up too much to reverse it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2010 02:22:03 AM »

It changes back to positive after you've send Tongue don't worry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissCrafty29
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2010 05:16:59 PM »

KaiseScissorhands: I am so happy that you like everything and if I had known about you loving maple candy, I would have sent more. Ah well, I am just so happy the package made its way to you and that you like everything! Enjoy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
MissCrafty29
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2010 11:13:16 AM »

I received a fantastic package and am in love with the crafty goodies within! Without further adieu...

A group shot. I received a sweet a$$ shirt, an amazing wooden box (which shall hold my secrets...lol) and the coolest dollz!!!! A tank girl and jet girl....SUPA SWEET!!!

The ladies...

A close up of the ladies' faces...

Thank you so much, Kaiser Scissorhand, for the killer goods Smiley P.S...I think I shall return with an action shot of the shirt. Sitting, folded on the table, does it no justice Wink
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 04:29:57 PM by MissCrafty29 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
Kaiser Scissorhands

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010 08:08:09 PM »

I love that pose you have the dolls in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
MissCrafty29
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2010 11:23:52 PM »

LOL...I thought someone might get a kick out of that Tongue My daughter wants nothing more than to play with them but their boots arre a bit tacky still and besides, they are MOMMY'S dollz...tee hee hee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2010 02:20:32 AM »

Very cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kaiser Scissorhands

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2010 08:26:34 AM »

LOL...I thought someone might get a kick out of that Tongue My daughter wants nothing more than to play with them but their boots arre a bit tacky still and besides, they are MOMMY'S dollz...tee hee hee!

I thought they were a little weird when I packed them to so, but I just chalked it up to clammy hands. Hopefully the paint didn't get all over the place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Living dangerously.
MissCrafty29
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2010 01:36:34 PM »

No need to worry, nothing got ruined. I think a little black paint got on Tank Girl's leg warmer, but nothing major. The feet come off, so if it stays tacky, I will just change the feet Smiley I still love them just the same though! Now, I just need to find them a home, in my place Smiley
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010 06:16:37 PM by MissCrafty29 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2010 08:33:45 PM »

I'm sending out tomorrow! I feel so so terrible for taking my sweet time, but I'm still super super excited for KasmiraGypsy to receive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010 07:13:25 AM »

Oh man, I can't wait to show off the stuff I've made Tongue I'm still holding my package though
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissCrafty29
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2010 01:09:33 PM »

I am still lurking, on occasion, to see the rest of the Tank Girl crafted goodies...Can't wait to see more goodies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All about the homemade!
jen0cide
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2010 09:09:50 PM »

gah! Finally got everything done! So excited to send it out tomorrow morning!!!! (And feeling very sheepish for taking so stinking long!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2010 09:43:25 PM »

I sent awhile ago so KasmiraGypsy should receive any day now! I've momentarily lost the DC# so I'm unable to keep track:(
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KasmiraGypsy
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010 10:19:59 PM »

Got my package from Lady Lovecraft yesterday! She sent me a really kick ass package!

On to the pics!
Super cute target lap blanket! Mad Max liked it alot.

Matching Target shirt

Earrings

Hair Clip and Pin

Tank Girl Bag

Bottle cap necklace. This has to be my favorite out of all the stuff she sent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010 10:24:17 PM »

Oh my poop! Your dog's name is Mad Max ^_______________^ and he looks so beautiful on the blankie. That pictures makes me super happy. I'm glad you liked everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2010 03:03:58 AM »

Really cool package! Love the necklace Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jen0cide
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010 05:45:51 PM »

So my swap package came today! Yay!! I'm so excited with everything that I got! First pictures of what she sent me, then pictures of stuff I sent because she hasn't had a chance to take pics yet. Smiley

First is a super awesome cross stitch that I love!

Right away I put it up in my kitchen with my other favorite things

And also this super awesome painting!!

under that was the coolest stack of clothes I think I've ever gotten, starting with this skirt which I can't wait to wear!

I love the POW! on the butt Cheesy

This crazy awesome target tanktop

and this super awesome one which i cannot wait to wear!

complete with buttons

and a sweet deconstructed back

and finally the coolest gloves ever!!! (Which I haven't taken off since I got <3)

I'm so super stoked on everything! It's awesome!

And she loves her package too which makes me extra happy

I sent her:

a shirt, bag, barrette (which i forgot to photograph) and an embroidery!

First up, the shirt

It was my first try at bleach stenciling, and I'm actually happy with how it turned out! The bottom was a second shirt that I hacked off and stitched to the bottom of the black one to make it longer. I think it turned out pretty well

The bag was by far my biggest piece. I made it from scratch, which I had never done before, but was super happy with the results

outside (You can see the barrette there!)

A better shot of the buttons and camp koala patch

and inside the flap

and the embroidery! (Wow, i should have gotten a better picture of the frame)

I had so much fun with this swap! I'm glad everyone else seemed to too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchFIGHT
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2010 12:17:35 AM »

Thank you so much for posting pictures Jen! I absolutely love everything you made me. Especially the bag, even the inside is awesome Tongue
You're lucky for having a bat on your kitchen wall Cheesy

And thanks for being a great swap partner, <3 !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Common Chinese Food Raw Sauces and Ingredients
How to Cut Chicken Meat into Strips and Triangle Shapes
Learn Chinese Food Cutting and Preparation Techniques
How to Cut Carrots into Slices ,Dice and Roll Cut- Chinese style
How to Make a Chicken Curry
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...