A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,528
Currently Running With Scissors:
390 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2010 Birthday Swap Lists  (Read 5871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: October 01, 2010 02:22:03 AM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. REALLY.

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360919.0

Swap name: October 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Troublet
Sign-up date range:  October 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap, however it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of Store Bought Items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate at what it would have cost new.) However you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread : http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360919.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=360919.0

Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. *New Rule* If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put October Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications.
The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your pm's like this, I'll love you forever.  

Format for PM's:

Proper label:
"October Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by October 14
MareMare to kittykill--handmade soap and lotion

Outstanding claims allowed:

FOC's: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:
--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):

Name of swap-  October 2010 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here:
  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- October 2010 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates:

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

« Last Edit: November 01, 2010 02:06:09 AM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010 03:25:40 PM »

Birthday Swappers

(number of claims/claims sent/claims received)

gravity - Oct. 1 - (0/1/1) - 2 gifts received
J_Kieviet - Oct. 3 - (0/0/1) - 1 gift coming
Lollipop67 - Oct. 4 - (0/0/2)1 gift received
spotnik - FOC - Oct. 5 - (0/0/5) - 2 gifts received
craftaddiction - FOC - Oct. 7 - (0/0/1) - 2 gifts recieved
jnny_heck -  Oct. 7 - (0/0/1) - 1 gift received
jennilocker - FOC - Oct. 10 - (0/0/1)- 2 gifts received
eeyore_witch - FOC - Oct. 11 -(0/0/1) - 1 gift coming, 2 gifts received
cinnamon teal - Oct. 12 - (0/0/2)- 3 gifts received
Mai Britt - *First Time Swapper!* - Oct. 12 - (0/0/1) -1 gift received
KrisCreates - FOC - Oct. 13 - (0/1/2) - 3 gifts received
PurpleLime- *First Time Swappper!*- Oct. 17 - (0/0/2) - 3 gifts received
koolaidria- *First Time Swapper!* - Oct. 20 - (0/0/1) - 1 gift coming, 1 gift received
swickered - Oct. 22 - (0/0/2) - 2 gifts received
Lady Lovecraft - Oct. 25 - (0/0/2) - 2 gifts received

Non Birthday Swappers
Troublet - FOC - (0/0/1)
RhymeswOrange FOC (0/0/3)
phnxreign99 - FOC - (0/0/1)

SENT
RECEIVED
Late w/ communication
Contact Organizer ASAP

Claims

Send by Oct. 15
KrisCreates to cinnamon teal for a pair of fingerless gloves
spotnik to KrisCreates for a spinning kit

Send by Oct. 16
craftaddiction to cinnamon teal for Mary Jane style crocheted slippers

jnny_heck to KrisCreates for crafted throw pillows

Send by Oct. 17

KrisCreates to spotnik for a watercolour set
cinnamon teal to Spotnik for handmade cards for thank-yous
RhymeswOrange to craft addiction for handspun yarn

Send by Oct. 18
spotnik to jennilocker for some wisty goodness

jennilocker to jnny_heck  for a birthday surprise!
Lady Lovecraft to Mai Britt for steampunk jewelry
RhymeswOrange to Lady Lovecraft for a wisty surprise
Mai Britt to Jennilocker for something from her wist.
Troublet to Lady Lovecraft for a neck cowl

Send by Oct. 19
KrisCreates to eeyore_witch for a hat for winter

Send by Oct. 20
koolaidria to cinnamon teal for a birthday banner
eeyore_witch to KrisCreates for a bag
gravity to Lollipop67--Neck Cowl (+extras)
Lollipop67 to gravity for her Wario overalls

Send by Oct. 22
PurpleLime to koolaidria for a half apron
J_Kieviet to Jennilocker for personalized stockings

Send by Oct. 25
RhymeswOrange to PurpleLime for a wisty surpise

Send by October 31
gravity to J_Kieviet--Holiday Hair Clips + Wisty Surprise

Send by Nov. 2
spotnik to craftaddiction for yarn
spotnik to gravity for buttons

Send by Nov. 3

spotnik to PurpleLime for a scarf

Send by Nov. 6
swickered to Koolaidria for pj's

swickered to PurpleLime for pottery
PurpleLime to Swickered for a tea wallet
cinnamon teal to swickered for a cold weather accessory

Send by Nov. 9
Lollipop67 to PurpleLime for a Flowing Skirt

Send by Nov. 12
Lady Lovecraft to eeyeore_witch for earrings
phnxreign99 to eeyore_witch something religious and a wisty surprise
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010 03:00:01 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftaddiction
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010 03:33:28 PM »

My Birthday is Oct 7th. We don't have the money to exchange gifts, so I'm excited that I may get a birthday present this year. I look forward to making some gifts. Im a girly girl from a small town in Iowa, who loves anything pink. I spent most of my day crocheting, but would love to learn some new crafts. I live with my boyfriend (of 6 years) and our small Multipoo dog named sissy. I like useful items over decorative ones.

Crafts:
-    Comfy/lounge/pajama pants Simple is good. I just want casual pants that I can sit around in all day. I was using sweatpants, but it got too warm for that. So I switched to pajama bottoms, but I only have one pair. It would be nice if I could wear them outside, like if I need to run to the store, but it isnt a requirement. Pants from an old sheet would be great. I have one pair I got from a swap, but I would like more. PM me for sizes.
-   something inspired from my wist
-   sleep shirt/night gown. Just think big, over sized tee shirt that goes to about knee level. I usually get an XL so they will be really big on me.
-    Hand-dyed yarn or hand-spun yarn any color/amount/weight Thanks to RhymeswOrange for claiming me. I could never have too much yarn.
-   Dog toys Any toys for my small dog. She is good at ripping toys apart.
-   tabletop ironing mat
-    Mug Bucket organizer Something I can put my supplies in when I am working at my desk. I keep losing things. Simplicity has a sewing pattern for one, but I really can't sew.

Craft Kits:
A how to or starter kit for any of the following crafts would be great
   * tatting
   * spinning (I have a drop spindle.now what?)
   * dyeing yarn
   * candy/chocolate making
   * soap making
   * polymer clay

Supplies:
We live in a tiny town. The nearest craft store is 30 minutes away and in a small town so the selection is limited. There is a Hobby Lobby with the basics and a small Joanns which is almost useless for anything other than fabric (they have a good selection of fabric but I dont sewlol). So it is hard to get supplies. I have to get most things online and some just arent worth paying shipping for. I have no problem with used supplies.

-    Rhinestone Setter. The brand makes no difference to me.  
-   Specialty Yarn Our hobby lobby doesnt have much other than worsted weight acrylic yarn. I have enough 100% acrylic yarn in worsted weight. But I have almost nothing else. Any weight or fiber or color. Wool, bamboo, llama, blends, anything. I have a yarn addiction and I still never seem to have what I need for a project.
-   Cotton Yarn - I have lots of patterns I want to make that call for cotton yarn in worsted weight.
-   Sport Weight Yarn I have very little sport weight yarn. Any color would be good. Baby colors would be great.
-    Bernat Baby Fingering Weight Baby Yarn - This yarn goes on sale every now and then, but our local jo-anns doesnt carry it. I can use any color. Lilac, pink and blue would be my first picks.
-    PUL Fabric Any colors/patterns. Doesnt need to be big pieces.  
-    Any Stamp Carving Material   Staedtler, speedy carve, extra large erasers, etc. I usually use speedy carve but our Hobby Lobby is sold out (I think I bought the last pack over 2 weeks ago). Anything would be great. I am going to run out soon.
-    Cupcake Molds for polymer clay I have none, so any would be great.  
-    Molds Molds for polymer clay, resin, Ice cube trays or candy molds (small candies please).
-    Crochet Steel Interchangeable Set - I have an interchangeable hook set for sizes g-k. So I could use one for small sizes or a better one for the larger sizes. I would absolutely love a used Denise set, but I dont think my odds are very good that someone has one laying around  Wink
-   1 wood squares 1/8 1/4" thick
-   Diamond Glaze
-   Scrabble Titles or something similar
-    Collage Sheets Digital or printed. I need sizes for 1 circles, 1 squares and/or scrabble titles.
-   Glue on Bails For resin pendants
-   Clear quilters ruler Any size
-   Poly Pellets
-   Sold Black Safety Eyes any sizes
-   Yarn Gauge Tool

Extras:
-   Id never turn down candy, especially gummies.
-   Doggie treats

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010 06:07:16 PM by craftaddiction » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
KrisCreates

Keep on rockin' in the craft world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010 04:11:01 PM »

Hi!  Im Kris and Ill be 28 year old on my birthday, which is October 13.  I am in fine arts school and spend most of my time on art and the rest of the time making crafty stuff.  I love to knit, Its my fave!

Im a fiend for books.  Im reading all the time and love to scour used bookstores.  I love vintage stuff and making other peoples trash into my own treasures.  I also love anything to do with Cabbage patch kids, old ones, new ones, whatever.

I like rich and vivid colors, the brighter it is the better I like it.  Rainbow coloured things are awesome.  In terms of themes or stuff I like, Im into retro, hippy, gypsy, rockabilly, punk, snails, mushrooms, elephants, birds, fish, matryoshka dolls, garden gnomes, pin-up girls, old school Nintendo games and skulls.  I also dig patchwork stuff.

CRAFTED
-Knitting supplies like a knitting needle roll, project bag, and stitch markers.  My knitting stuff is so disorganized
-A slouchy hobo bag that I can cart my art supplies back and forth to school in. Thanks eeyore_witch!
-Crafty throw pillows for my room. thanks jnny_heck!
-Quirky earrings/necklace combos.  I have my ears pierced and only wear dangly earrings and I wear size 9/16 plugs too.
-A baby doll (Could be sewed, crocheted or knit, Im not picky, I just like dolls.)
-A surprise from my wists: http://www.wists.com/Kris-13

SUPPLIES
-yarn!  Especially multi-coloured yarn in bright colours!
-any really cool fabrics (bright colours, fun patterns, etc)
-If you happened to find any second hand/used cabbage patch dolls, even ones that are in rough shape, I would really like to get one!  I find previously loved Cabbage patch dolls and fix them up, the more damaged they are, the more fun and challenging it is to fix them up.  Its my weird hobby
-Stuff to spin yarn (a drop spindle?  I dont really know anything about it, but Id like to try!) thanks spotnick!
-notebooks and pencils.  Im an art student and always looking for both.

EXTRAS
-anything chocolate
-gummy candies
-any kinds of tea, I loooove tea!
-Those word magnets where you make your own poetry. I cant find those anywhere.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010 10:22:05 PM by KrisCreates » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cinnamon teal
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010 04:33:49 PM »

Happy birthday, fellow October babies!

I'm turning 29 on the 12th. I live in northern California with my wonderful husband and our very goofy golden retriever. I enjoy gardening, reading, video games, camping, cooking and of course crafting! My style is feminine, earthy, warm, clean and elegant. I'm not a fan of kitsch or anything super trendy and fad driven.  I love useful, handmade objects and I prefer vintage over new-from-the-factory.

*No allergies, but I am sensitive to skin irritants and strong perfumey scents.

Crafts
- small project bag for knitting on the go - I <3 this one!
- hand spun yarn/hand dyed yarn/roving
- handmade soap - I love olive oil soap! I can't get enough of it! I prefer light, homey scents like unscented oatmeal soap, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, citrus and pear.
- Do you have an unusual craft skill? I'd love something useful made via woodworking, metalworking, ceramics, glass blowing/fusing, leather working, or the like.
- 8x10 photo for my wall - I like the vintage-y look of these ones.
- wool dryer balls
- cloth napkins - cute cotton ones for everyday use
- trash bag for my car - like this
- jewelry - see my wist for ideas
- A "Happy Birthday" banner - like this one Thanks koolaidria!
- an infinity dress - cotton jersey, in blue, black or pink, please! pm for size info. here's a tutorial
- beauty and body stuff - do you make lip balm, lotion, sugar scrub, lip gloss, cosmetics, perfumes, etc? I'd love to try some!
- Mary Jane style knit or crocheted slippers, US women's size 7 Thank you craftaddiction!
- fingerless gloves in a size small, natural fibers preferred Thank you KrisCreates!
- a surprise from my wist
- reusable shopping bags - always handy
- silverware travel set - I would love four like this.
- fabric headbands
- monogramed stationary - with "J+M". See wist for examples.
- zine - do you make zines? I'd love a copy!
- calendar - I would love a 2011 wall calendar or day planner featuring your art!

Supplies
- a crochet kit for making these nifty doily covered rocks
- vintage lead or wooden type - a long shot
- worsted weight 100% wool yarn in white, blue, grey or black
- embroidery hoops
- anything for HP or CP soap making - I'm slowly gathering materials for my first batch.

Extras:
- candy - I <3 gummies, dark chocolate, nougat, caramel, and especially grapefruit candy!
- herbal tea - can't handle caffeine. My favorites are mint and anything that tastes like chai.
- dog treats or toys for my crazy pup - he loves stuffed animals from thrift stores and garage sales (no plastic parts, please!).
- fantasy novels - I'm always on the lookout for a good paperback.
- magazines of the home/food/diy/craft genres - back issues are fine
- seeds from your garden, especially herbs and vegetables
- recipes - I'd love a copy of your favorite, tried and true recipes.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010 06:18:58 PM by cinnamon teal » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010 05:47:47 AM »

Hi!  Im Jennifer, a 32 (at least until 10/10) year old momma to a 14 month old little girl named Zoe.  I live in Kentucky (USA) and am engaged to a wonderful guy named Steve who is a plumber and sadly addicted to PS3. Steve has a 9 year old son from a previous relationship so Im an unofficial step mom too!  I love vintage anything.  I love owls.  I have a HUGE wist. I adore Craftster.  Swapping is seriously the only extracurricular activity I do.  I dislike neon colors, metallic fabric and sequins.  My favorite smell in the world is patchouli.love it!!  I cant stand anything that smells like food.  Fruits are fine but nothing that smells like cakes baking or caramel icing.  This is ironic because I love to cook.  Im fine with good yard sale stuff! I have no allergies other than metals, I can wear sterling silver. I am a total purse slut.  Love them.  Really and truly.
Crafts
BIG HUGE  WISH- (I would like to have individualized embroidered or embellished 12-16" tall Christmas stockings for my family-they do not have to be traditional colors and creative license will be freely given and appreciated!!  I just want to have stockings the kids can grow with for a few years instead of getting crappy new ones each year.
1.      Stocking-ZOE w/ elmo or owl
2.      Stocking-DAD w/ Mario and pipes or wrench or a PS3 remote
3.      Stocking-Zach w/ a PS3 remote or Star wars
4.   Any type of clothing- bleached or stenciled or tie dyed t-shirts, yoga pants or hippy skirt  (Lg shirt/ size 14 pants)
5.   Knit striped socks ladies size 8 (any color any style)
6.   Yoga socks
7.    A wallet that has a place for cc, checks, cash and change-need to be kinda heavy duty        since I tend to break tiny snaps
8.   Anything off of my wist!  I love surprises!!
9.   Birdie sling purse or similar style
10.   Bath products earthy smells preferred
Supplies-   
I am totally thankful and uber happy with a supply package!!
1.   #1 wish CP soap making kit!  I REALLY Want to learn to make homemade soap!
2.    Porcelain pens/Ceramic pens- I can't find these anywhere
3.   Zippers- Thread- Buttons-Bias tape- Sewing machine needles for a Brother, scissors
4.   Rotary Cutter - I hear these are supposed to be a must have!
5.   Self Healing mat
6.   Purse hardware-also need the stuff that you use for purse straps in white/natural/black
7.   Resin Scrabble Pendant kit (plus instructions!!LOL!!)
Extras
1.   Magazines-Anything sewing, painting or craft related but would love, love, love Quilting Arts.
2.   Anything local from where you live!   
3.   Sugar free or carb free anything!
4.   Anything you think I may like!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jnny_heck

"Behind every successful woman is herself."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010 11:30:18 AM »

Hi, my name is Jenny, and I live in Minneapolis, MN. On Monday, October 4th Ill be turning 20.  Ive been on craftster for a few months, and I really love it.  Im on the ballroom dance team at school and I also love biking, baking, cooking, plants, Frank Sinatra, and CRAFTING.  Specifically, Im a big crocheter and I just got into needlepoint.  I like vintage/retro style.  I also love TV, haha. For Inspiration, some of my favorite shows are: Arrested Development, Mad Men, Modern Family, Sex and the City, 30 Rock, Dexter, and the Mary Tyler Moore Show.  

I would love to receive these crafts for my birthday:
-An Appa (from Avatar: the Last Airbender) plushie- Wist for idea
-Reusable/cloth panty liners and pads (with instructions- Ive never gone reusable before) thanks jennilocker!
-An Embellished tank top (no bright colors, I prefer neutrals for going out at night)- Wist for ideas
-Wall Art
-Stationary (inspired by my interests or floral)
-Vintage/retro inspired coasters- Wist for ideas
-Blue "O" Orbit gum logo lapel pin (1 inch)- I'm going to be the orbit gum girl for Halloween http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/orbit-gum.jpg
-Anything from my wist

Supplies
-Henna powder
-Iron transfer pen
-comic book pages with sexy women characters
-POP TABS- as many as you have would be greatly appreciated!!

Extras
-chocolate
-candy >sour patch kids
-magazines >fashion, crochet, other interests
-POP TABS. Seriously.

For extras, I am a vegetarian so please look out for candy that contains gelatin (marshmallows, gummy items) because it has animal by-products :/

Again, here is my http://wists.com/jnny_heck
Thanks so much, everyone, and happy birthday!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010 02:09:55 PM by jnny_heck » THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010 10:06:34 AM »

Hi everyone!  I am Karen, from Portland, Oregon.  I am married, no kids, no pets.  The only allergies I have are to smoke and floral or other strong scents.  I do have a sensitivity to pet dander, but as long as your pet isn't sleeping on the project, it should  be fine.  I have a wist listed on my profile.

I love Japanese Cute Culture, cheese, science fiction & fantasy, renaissance faires, swimming, the ocean, and pagan religions.  My favorite colors are jewel tones of amethyst, emerald and sapphire.  

I dabble in several crafts, including jewelry making, metalsmithing, sewing, poly clay, painting, drawing, leatherworking and crochet.

I dislike sugar skulls, anything to do with traditional Western religions, and anything girly/lacy/flowery.

Things I would love for you to make:

A craft smock in a heavyish fabric with pockets on the front.  I have a bad habit of painting and doing other messy crafts without covering up beforehand.  I have ruined several t-shirts that way.  Please message me for size/measurements.
Handmade cards for thank-yous.  I love sending handmade cards with swap packages.  Smiley  Thanks cinnamon teal!
Tote bags I love bags.
Anything from my wist.
Painted sneakers/high-tops.  (I wear a US mens 10.  Big girl, big feet Wink )
Goddess figurines for meditation practice, no larger than 4 please.  
A pouch with compartments to hold my iPhone, bluetooth headset and ear buds.

Craft supplies:

ATC blanks.
Watercolors (the kind in the tubes, not the cake kind, please).  Thanks KrisCreates!
Leather stamping tools.
Origami paper

Happy birthday to all of us!!  October birthdays rock!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010 09:13:50 PM by spotnik » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mai Britt

"leave me alone - I'm making me rum and noodles"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010 09:06:05 PM »

Hey folks.  Cheesy

My name is Mai Britt and i come from Denmark. I am becoming 23 on October 12  Grin
I go to school and i live in a house with 3 other young people, 2 boys and 1 girl. In my spare time i play theatre and live roleplaying. My biggest wish is to become an actress, but in Denmark, that is very hard. luckily for me I can educate myself on the university and be something within theatre.

I am just me, I love colours, but on the other hand I find black to be a good colour too.
I listen to a lot of rock music, dubstep and danish rap. but I am also a sucker for oldies.
In Denmark people would call me "alternative" because I do not follow fashion, and I do what I feel like - Carpe Diem. Smiley
I LOVE anything check pattern - especially tartan and my house is full of witches.

I crochet and sew - a lot, I have tried to knit, but to me it just takes too long time. Tongue I also paint, but my style is somewhat childish - i like it though.

This is my first swap, and I am very excited about it. Cheesy

Things i wish from you for my birthday:

Steampunk goggles
Steampunk jewelry
a long knitted hat
knitted socks (I am a sucker for knitted socks Wink )
a small tophat hairclip (made in any way you like)
a witch pendant (also made in any way you like)
I can not really figure that wists out, but if you just get a GREAT idea, and it is not on my list, I would love to receive that too. Cheesy
I made a wist  Cheesy (more to come) http://www.wists.com/MaiBritt

And thanks to lady lovecraft for making me a surprise.  Grin

Extras:

Chocolate
Skittles
magazines (sewing and crochet)
Anything special from where you come from.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010 08:32:00 PM by Mai Britt » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010 04:04:28 PM »

Hi:3
My name is Katerina (Or Kat) I live in California and I'm turning 18 on the 25th. I just started community college so I'm taking it slow, but I want to eventually major in Film and/or fashion or just start my own business as well as some day join a circus whether it is just for a short period of my life or a long term job/practice. I recently started riding the unicycle so I love anything circus related esp, that of freak circuses, and vintage circus themes.

My favorite colors are blues, reds, greens and blacks. I'm interested in a lot of sub cultures/genres; I love psychobilly, punk, folk, skinhead fashions/movements,  all things horror, creepy or gross(this includes films and my favorite writer H.P Lovecraft), I collect bones (but I hate cheesy pop punky looking skulls), Burlesque, I love comic books (Tank girl, Scott Pilgrim, JTHM, Harley Quinn etc.), steampunk, anything concerning anatomy or zoology and I love post apocalyptic, old, ruined fashions.

I mostly do jewelry work. I love stenciling, sewing and reconstruction, and some crochet.

Birthday wishes!: (A lot of these are very broad, so just check out my wists or ask me anything for inspiration! )

-Any sort of clothing / shirt / shorts  etc.
-Fingerless gloves / neck cowls' & warmers / weird beanies
-I love bags/ purses/ pouches. (I've been wanting a really cool fanny pack for quite some time)
-Things for my hair, fascinators, headbands, bows, etc. I have short hair so nothing tooo heavy, or it doesn't stay.
Ex of things I like: http://wists.com/LadyLovecraft/7f1c8eb95f88d690f1274a6c26878eb1?offset=0
-Creepy jewelry, or post apocalyptic looking jewelry
-Sweater clips
-Knitted/Crocheted Restraints.
-A gogol bordello shirt/patch/ anything.
-A Toxic Avenger shirt
-Long feather earrings
-A surprise from my wists!   http://www.wists.com/LadyLovecraft

Extras/Supples/Kits:
-If you live somewhere were bones are found a lot, I'd love to receive bones
-Resin Kit/ Especially Resin molds or anything that works well with resin- I have no idea what to use so all i've been able to do is bottle cap pieces but I want to actual all resin pendents
-Any sort of strange, vintage found small nick nacks (Knick Knacks?)
-I am incredibly disorganized so containers or anything to help me figure my mess out
-Buttons/Unwanted Charms/watch pieces, etc.
-I've been wanting to learn how to make candles so if a kit for that is easily put together
-English Breakfast Tea<3
-I'm a vegetarian so if you send any candies or treats, please make sure not to include any that contain gelatin!
-Fabric scraps for gibbious sewing! Reds, blues, greens, stripes, etc.

Thank you! Happy Birthday Everyone!

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010 10:13:07 AM by Lady Lovecraft » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"The Rachael Ray Show": Twin Mother Makeovers
Best Dressed Stars: J Lo, Michelle Obama and Jessica Alba
How to Perfect Your Après-Ski Style
Red Carpet Raves: J Lo, Jessica Alba and Rita Ora Make Statements
First Lady Fashion Choices Means Big Bucks For Designers
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...