A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,076
Currently Running With Scissors:
548 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October 2010 Birthday Swap Lists  (Read 6553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

eeyore_witch
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010 08:05:12 PM »

Hi Im Kendra and Ill be 32 on Oct 11th.  I have a 9 (almost 10) year old boy, a boyfriend of 6 years and 4 cats. I collect many things...I love the 80s and 80s toys like Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Smurfs and Rainbow Brite.  I also collect ouija boards, witches, German stuff, blue glass, pillow cases, Little Witch books, Bibles and sock monkeys.

I love midnight blue and gray blue like the color of Eeyore.I also love black and orange. I love vintage stuff, books, superheroes, Harry Potter, cheese, anything to do with water, cats, dolphins, shells, old school Nintendo, pin up girls, vintage photography, Halloween, The Monkees, Alice in Wonderland and roller derby. I love anything about religions and the art and symbolisms.

One of my main projects is redoing my childhood Barbie house. I want to repaint and carpet. Make it look good and do some things the original maker forgot. Im also slowing making stuff for my pirate bathroom and witchy kitchen.

Crafted Stuff:
Interesting Earrings or Bracelets ~ I have to wear a uniform at work and like to spice it up with neat earrings or bracelet (ielike the food ones in my wist.) I have larger sized wrists.
A Larger Real Kitchen Witch ~ I collected witches and read that witches in the kitchen is good luck so thats where I put them but I dont really have a real onelol
Sign with Kitchen Witch Poem ~ cross stich or print or whatever. There are a few out there but any would be okay.
A PinUp girl Pirate for my half bath (no tub or shower) ~ Anything for the wall, Im running out of counter and floor space.
A realistic looking pirate map ~ once again for my pirate bathroom
Miniatures ~ Cabbage Patch Kid or Barbie sizethe more realistic the better.
Hat for winter ~ something with ears like a black cat or a slouch hat (I have a bigger size head, think mens) ~ Thanks KrisCreates
A Ouija Board ~ made anyway you want.
Religious Stuff ~ anything really just dont make it look like a support one religion over another. Humor is okay.
Oldish looking German Cookbook ~ I'm German and my family never had any german traditions or recipes to pass down so I'm making my own. I even bought a springerle rolling pin. If you're german and have any recipes or willing to gather some with easy to find ingredients and make me a German cookbook. I'd also like to be able to add to it.

Anything from my wists http://www.wists.com/eeyore_witch

Supplies:
Kewl Fabric ~ Making a red Cabbage Patch Kid quilt but will love any pieces of neat fabric.
Stamps or ink pads

Extras:
Religious stuff glass saint candles, rosaries, mala beads, charms, medals, crucifix, Buddha, Ganesh etc
Miniatures ~ Cabbage Patch Kid or Barbie sizethe more realistic the better.
Chocolate with cherries or caramel...oooo or marzapan
Anything for my collections

For more idea check out my profile and wists.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010 09:45:47 PM by eeyore_witch » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream ~ C.S. Lewis

I love Swaps!!
koolaidria

You stand where your footsteps lead you.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010 07:26:25 AM »

Hi! Im Koolaidria (you can have my real name on a private level), and youre super cool if you know where I took that name from. Im in Texas, quite happily. This is my first swap. I have the same initials as my sister and can sing in 11 languages now. Im a nanny for quads and a toddler, and theres baby number 6 on the way. So I love naptime when I get to paint or draw or write music or just be artsy-craftsy in general. My birthday is the 20th, and Ill be 20! Fab, huh? Turning 20 on 10-20-2010! I love every color, its hard to say I have a favorite, but lately Im head over heels for yellow. I like bright tones or earthy ones, but dont care much for pastels. I dislike dark, gloomy, macabre things (unless theyre Halloween related, but I think Id like this swap to be more birthday than Halloween for me). Im allergic to metals, not like doorknobs or spoons, but like jewelry. Which is awful because I LOVE jewelry!! Its generally the cheap stuff that gets me. I wont die, so if its fab Ill totally deal with the rash in the morning to wear it. If you wanna make me jewelry but cant find hypoallergenic metals, itd help if you tacked in a bit of lotion! I know theres some bigger stuff on my list but I thought Id include them so you can get a feel for what I like. Feel free to let it inspire you for a surprise! I talk a lot<3

List:
(Red stuff is what I want most of all!!)
*Running stuff!
     -Neck band (has crystals in it that go gel-like with water) to keep me cool on hot nights
     -Arm band for my phone/music player
     -Some type of 'reward system'? Maybe a charm bracelet and I get to add a charm every 5 pounds lost or something, I dunno exactly. Brainstorming I guess!
*Jewelry Box/Display
*Scented lotion (If you make it yourself. If not guess this goes under 'extras'... I like fruity/sweet smells)
*Bubble bath
*Paintbrush Roll (+ paintbrushes? Cheesy)
*Stationary (I write letters to 2 rather attractive boys (Im a bit of a playa, what can I say? XD) and my grandparents regularly)
*Accessories or supplies? - for my Queen of Hearts costume (see my Wist! Im doing closer to the old school cartoon than the new Tim Burton. I want the foam crown most. If you want I can send you my sketches)
*Warm things, like : Slippers, toe socks, hoodies, very bunched-up leg warmers, slouch hats, scarves. I love the feeling up bundling up and getting warm in the cold.
*Shoes (I like heeeeeeels. Or thigh-high boots. <3)
*Hypoallergenic jewelry desperately!! I wear necklaces, bracelets, rings, and one piercing per ear. No religious symbols, please, unless its the letters CTR. Feel free to ask about why I <3 CTR!  
*Statement Headbands / Scrunchies!!
*Half Apron ((Malo 'aupito, PurpleLime! <3))
*Bath Wrap (those cool things with the elastic!)   
*Music/Book Bag (if you go music bag, itd be super cool to have dividers built in some how, but not expected)
*PJs (Id like shorts with a short-dress length top. Maybe with a cute stencil. Something cute and girly but not sexy. I dont need sexy sleepwear at this point XD) ((Guten tag, swickered!!!))
*Awesome wallet (I have so much crap and the ones I get from Spencers keep busting)
*Coin-saving jar/container/thing
*Wisty-ness - - mines not big right now, but Im trying to add more every day!
*List-inspired surprise!

Supplies:
*Shrinky Dink paper
*Paint
*Glitter Nailpolish (I use it for art, not beauty!)
*Craft Kits
     -Embroidery,  Paper crafts, whatever. Really any craft. I only sew and crochet, and I can knit but despise it in general. Id love to branch out.
*Fabric for my Queen of Hearts costume (means in all I need yellow, black, orange, and red solids, maybe a yard or two each. Bust that stash? Cheesy)
*Cross-stitch floss in any colors

Extras:
*Chocolate. Andes mints are the best. Please no dark or chili, nasty stuff.
*Makeup (super cool if you make it yourself! I love bright eyeshadows and deep orangey-red lipstick)
*Blank CDs (Im a singer/songwriter some days and Im working on stuff for my friends and family. Need discs.)

EDIT: Good idea to include my Wist Link...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010 08:56:02 AM by koolaidria » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a nerdy flourescent curvaceous artistic musical lover of life and personal swaps.
Wisty Goodness
gravity
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010 09:59:40 AM »

Hi everybody! I'm gravity, I live in Northern California and I just turned 24 on October 1.
I am a huge nerd. My life's goal is to someday have a library turret in my home with wall-to-wall bookshelves and those sliding ladder things. My favorite colors are red, black, blue, green, gray, purple, and orange. I tend to like dark colors or bright colors rather than pastels.

Things I love: Sci-fi, outer space/rocketships, dinosaurs, pirates, sunken ships, octopus/squid, typography, geometric patterns, video games, books, lots of color, things that are fun and silly

Things I don't love: pink, scented stuff, things that are girl-y and frilly

For other ideas of stuff I like check out my wist, or stuff I've commented on on craftster.

Wish List:
Wario overalls I would love to be Wario for Halloween, but I am rubbish at sewing and I can't find overalls in that ridiculous bright purple color, (pic for reference here) Thanks so much Lollipop67!
Needle Roll with room for a bunch of different length needles
Warm stuff for winter a hat (I like slouchy, cabled, or embellished), gloves (with or without fingers), socks, etc.
Embellished t-shirt or hoodie any of my themes above or see my wist for other ideas
Stuff for my desk I just finally got a worktable set up and I could really use some organize-y storage stuff, a desk lamp, or wall art
Jewelry necklaces, bracelets, rings, or pins. See wist/comments for my style
A new noodle bowl or a mug If any of y'all are ceramics makers/decorators, my beloved old faithful broke recently, and all our other bowls are tragically shallow.
A bag or purse, I like having some sort of snap, zipper or closure at the top so stuff doesn't fall out if I put the bag down, and big enough to hold at least cellphone+wallet+keys+paperback book

I would also totally love a surprise based on anything you come up with wist/craftster stalking me!

Supplies:
Buttons, I am trying to build up a supply for various projects Thanks spotnik!
Circular or double pointed knitting needles, (any size except 9mm, 6.5mm, or 5 mm which are the ones I have)
Stitch markers for knitting

Extras:
Tea
Candy/chocolate (I have a terrible sweet tooth)

Thanks and Happy Birthday to everyone!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010 04:19:37 PM by gravity » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lollipop67
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010 02:32:26 PM »

Hello fellow October babies! My name is Keri and I turned 20 on October 4th.  I am a fashion major in college.  My friends and fellow peers seem to describe me as a hippie. :-) I guess I fit the label to an extent. My favorite color is green, followed by other earth tones, brown, blue, reds, orange, etc. but I also love bright colors. not a big fan of pink though, well, at least bright pink. I love trees, birds, leaves, penguins, tye dye, swirly patterns, pin ups, music, reusable things, etc....

Craftys:

Neck cowl- something big that can be a hood too like this would be awesome- http://www.wists.com/Lollipop67/c068e4971eccaa3d51cd1cbebbf29567
Or even something small like this- http://wists.com/Lollipop67/2592a985615770c8ca41f01122ac62d0
~~ thank you Gravity!!!
Other warm things- scarves, gloves, socks...
Clothing- shirts, skirts, dresses, yoga pants, etc. stenciled, dyed, knit, crocheted, sewn, reconned, anything.
Crocheted (or hemp) headband
Jewelry
Handmade soaps- I love patchouli, lavender, sugar cookie, but im open to many smells.
Fascinators
Knitted practice poi- I think these are amazing, but anything would be great- http://wists.com/Lollipop67/fa84ea3bf4348ae78b43dc6dee313059
A tea wallet
A tea cup cozy- to replace the cardboard things.
A "rag bag"- something like this maybe? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=310303.0
A utility belt- to carry my stuff around at festivals, I hate dancing with a purse, but I always feel like I need stuff with me lol.  Leatherish would be way cool, but I also like the canvas ones- http://wists.com/Lollipop67/9accd33ced3ba2e80b69cf0ce65eee14
A surprise! -my wist, for inspiration- http://wists.com/Lollipop67

Supplies/ Extras:

fabrics- Im a big sewer
earth tone fabric scraps-Im hoping to one day make a patchwork skirt. greens, browns, blues would be great
crocheting how to
anything you think I will like
teas
books
surprise!

thanks all and best wishes and happy birthdays!!!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010 11:35:33 AM by Lollipop67 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
J_Kieviet
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010 05:23:07 PM »

Hi I'm J_kieviet, I live in B.C, Canada where we are currently having a nice autumn but it will quickly turn to winter.   I am a teacher on call - awaiting a full time class.  I enjoy crochet, sewing, and have attempted almost every craft of craftster.  My favourite holiday is Christmas.  here is my wish list

1. black glittens (fingerless gloves with thumb and a flap to cover fingers)
2.fancy crochet hook - similar to this http://www.etsy.com/listing/44456890/polymer-clay-floral-crochet-hook-size-h
3. homemade soap in holiday scents
4.customized, lockable travel mug (so I can toss it in my teaching bag and not worry about leaks
5.holiday hair clips/elastics
6.lunch bag/crochet project bag for work (big enough to carry a drink and some snacks along with a small crochet project)
7.black earmuffs or head band
8.wallet like this http://www.etsy.com/listing/52313253/last-one-fabric-wallet-in-botanical but the outer fabric can be any type fabric that includes dark blue, dark purple, black, just like the inside pockets of this, the floral is nice too, but I'm easy to please
see my wist for more.

Extras
1.needles, bobbins for Jenome sewing machine
2.crochet patterns
3.sock knitting loom (I know these are expensive, but perhaps someone has one lying around they're no longer using)
4.cricut stuff(I know these are expensive, but perhaps someone has cartridges around that they're no longer using)
5.poly pellets
6.safety eyes
7.doll joints
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010 05:38:00 PM by J_Kieviet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
PurpleLime

I'll try anything once.. or twice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2010 07:43:50 PM »

Hi, I'm Sarah. I will be 27 years YOUNG on Oct 17th and I am super psyched about my first swap!! I have been sewing and crafting for about 7 years. I started when my son was an infant. I had a viscous case of postpartum depression and needed SOMETHING to keep me busy. I ran across a sewing machine and cabinet at a yard sale for $10 and the rest is history. Smiley Though the depression is thankfully long gone the crafty urges only seem to get worse!! My husband tells me that it is like a disease.... left untreated it only spreads! Hehe. Anyway....

I like anything that someone else takes the time to make for me. I spend so much time making things for other people that I am utterly delighted by ANYTHING someone else makes for me.
I like most colors.
I bellydance in my spare time.
I like animals, especially those with scales. I have several lizards as well as cats, fish and a dog.  
I ADORE owls!! They are so friggin' cute!!!!
I like hats. I like comfortable clothing.
I like to sew, crochet, needlepoint, knit, papercraft, pottery, recon old things into something new. If I haven't tried a craft it is only for lack of time or awareness of its existence. I have a great appreciation for recycling and reusing anything I can and I try to be creative in that light.

Dislikes:
.....Kinda coming up blank here. Everything has its place. I do not like clothing that is gawdy/sparkles/glitters/etc. I don't wear yellow or orange due to skin tone. I don't like spicy food. I don't like people with bad manners on the road. (Out of place, I know, but I needed to get it off my chest.) Cheesy I do not like religious objects/symbols but for things to do with the FSM. Cheesy (If you are easily offended or do not have a sense of humor do not look that up.) I do not like uncomfortable clothing that is binding/restricting/ill fitting. (I am pretty tall so ill fitting was the norm until I learned to sew.)

Wish list:
I honestly am not good at asking for things. I give FULL creative license to anyone kind enough to claim me. Smiley Like I said, I am NOT picky. I will like whatever you make for me. I promise. That being said, here are a few *very general* guidelines.
1.I like warm things. Mittens, fingerless gloves, scarves (thank you so much Spotnik!!!), hats, etc. I am not picky on color, but my favorites are green and purple.
2.Anything to do with owls. CUTENESS!!!
3.Anything recon or recycled or reusable. I like practical things that keep trash out of the landfill.
4.I like long flowing skirts. Bright colors are appreciated, but not necessary. WOW, (I can't believe someone claimed me for this) and THANK YOU Lollipop67!!!!
5. Unique jewelery is a lot of fun for me. I do not usually go for traditional pieces so the weirder the better.
6. SURPRISE ME!!! Seriously. I like surprises and I trust you crafty people to come up with something cool. Thank you very very very much Swickered!! I can't wait!
7. Anything wisty. I know a lot of that is big stuff, so don't stress over it. It is mostly to give you an idea of my style. (I don't have one!! LOL)
http://www.wists.com/PurpleLime
~~~~~ THANK YOU RhymeswOrange!!! Cheesy
8. I like pottery. The more interesting or unique the better.

Extras....
Anything... food...chocolate(dark)... crafty...fun... whatever, I can use just about anything. Again, I am the LEAST picky person here. Really easy to please. Smiley

What not to send:
I ask that you do not send anything smelly. I have migraines and scented stuff tends to trigger them. All of my soap and lotion is made by me and completely unscented.

To anyone who wishes to claim me: THANK YOU!!!!! Cheesy From the bottom of my sick crafty heart thank you. Smiley
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010 07:36:40 AM by PurpleLime » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy, unless it has to do with crafting.
swickered
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010 01:09:13 PM »

Hi there!  I'm Sarah from the clean, green state of Oregon.  I turned 24 on October 22nd.  Hmmm, about me....well, I love autumn and anything that is pumpkin/cinnamon/spicy fall flavored.  Oooooh, and anything snuggly and soft.   I sing, play guitar, mess around on various other instruments and write songs.  I knit, sew, paint, throw pottery and scrapbook (for special occasions only, like brag books), among other things.  I'm getting into housewares and sometimes refinish or reupholster old furniture.  I dig old, worn vintage things, peeling paint, antique-looking anything.  I LOVE color, just not really pink, though my favorites are green, purple and yellow.  I'm expanding my cooking skills.  My personal style is kind of bohemian-nerd rock-thriftstore chic, I guess.  I adore travelinglived in Paris for a short time (I miss it a ton), got my tattoos in Dublin (I'm Irish) and spent time in WalesI totally get the itch to just pick up and go.

Some serious things: I care deeply about fighting the sex trade and human traffickingmy church is starting to plan safe houses for girls recovering from sex slavery and I'm involved in that.  I also lead the youth ministry in my church, which makes me totally love my life :-D I can't say how much I enjoy working with teenagers.  I'm going back to school next term to eventually get my Master's in social work to do counseling and art therapy.

IdeasI'm just going to throw a bunch out there and highlighted some that would be especially grand, but I am so stoked at the prospect of ANYTHING crafted at all!!!
-A french memo board or a crafty calendar/day planner that has the days divided into hours until at least 10 pm.  I have a weird schedule :-).
-A crafty frame for a dry erase board?  Weird idea, I know
-Anything to help me stay organized. Boxes, bins, bags, whatev!
-A fun apron
-Cold weather accessories I am always cold this time of year fingerless gloves, scarves, hats, socks, legwarmers.  Thank you Cinnamonteal!!!!!
-A scoodie
-Cowls/neckwarmers
-Jewelry or accessories I really love things that are symbolic of my passions, so like an open birdcage representing freedom or open handcuffs...anything that makes a statement, be creative!
-Or a t-shirt or bag like this^^^^^
-A crafty recipe holderbook, box, etc?
-Tea wallet Thanks PurpleLime/Sarah!!!!
-Something to hold my jewelry, like a jewelry tree or something to hang on a wall.  It's all in a plastic bin now
-Crafty little bags, like cosmetic bags or lipstick bags or wallets or anything.  So cute!
-A makeup brush roll/bag for travel
-Passport or checkbook cover
-Something gnome-y
-A surprise!!!! Could be wisty or otherwise inspired by....anything!

Extras/supplies:
-Tea or coffee anything
-Chocolate, especially dark
-Sari/brocade/satin/ethnic/world fabrics for a quilt I'm making.  Small pieces/scraps are great or clothing to upcyle (pics in my wist)
-Yarn!  Anything soft ;-)
-Old magazines-knitting, cooking, lifestyle like Martha Stewart or Real Simple-type, home dcor, whatev

Here is my wist: http://wists.com/swickeredps, disregard the wedding stuff on there.  I'm totally single, but have been helping out friends and family with weddings this year and haven't deleted stuff from the wist.  :-)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010 04:11:52 PM by swickered » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010 02:16:34 PM »

This swap is closed!

I hope everyone has had a Happy Birthday Month! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spotnik
Where did I put my pliers this time???

It's my cheese!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010 02:55:51 PM »

Thanks for organizing Troublet!  This has been great fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennilocker
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010 09:27:52 AM »

Thank you Troublet!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Red Carpet Ready Hair
Unique Parting Tips
Onesta Beautiful Hair Foam Review
How to Create Beach Curl Waves
How to Create a Unique Braid and Messy Bun
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...